Naplex 2017 - Compounding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamer716

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know what is so difficult about the compounding questions in the new Naplex format that RxPrep does not cover. I've seen multiple posts from people who have taken the exam stating RxPrep was not enough. If it is minimal competency, shouldn't RxPrep be enough? If not, please let me know so I can redirect my studying. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I recently passed the Naplex and all I used was RXprep (2016) and the 2017 quizbank. Is it sufficient for the compounding section? Nope, because even trying to study common excipients, I still saw some I didn't recognize.
My suggestion would be to supplement RXprep with searching google for common excipients in compounding and their purpose and searching quizlet. That's what I did to avoid extra costs, but don't get too caught up in one small section as this exam is 250 questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to know what is so difficult about the compounding questions in the new Naplex format that RxPrep does not cover. I've seen multiple posts from people who have taken the exam stating RxPrep was not enough. If it is minimal competency, shouldn't RxPrep be enough? If not, please let me know so I can redirect my studying. Thanks again!
My suggestion is to go back to your pharmaceutic classes and review them as you take final accumulative exams for those classes, then you will have a good night sleep about the Naplex compounding sections.

Reactions: 1 user
My suggestion is to go back to your pharmaceutic classes and review them as you take final accumulative exams for those classes, then you will have a good night sleep about the Naplex compounding sections.

Anything in particular I need to focus on?

purpose of each excipients in rx. what happen when you add or remove from a formulation

Reactions: 1 users
Recently found I failed naplex a second time, pls can someone direct me on how to study, I plan retaking it In 3mnths time. Pls help

Hi i have rxprep online access that expires on 8-31-2017 for sale. I sell it for $120 but price can be negotiated. Includes video lectures and test bank. Email me at [email protected]