My OAT experience!

team313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to give you all some help if you're studying for the OAT's!

I took my OAT in MID JULY the year I was applying and I started studying 10-12 hours a day starting May 2nd (right after winter semester ended).

I used CLIFFS AP BIO BOOK and try to memorize it as much as you can/understand it
I used the KAPLAN DAT BOOK and also try to memorize that as much as you can and also understand it

I bought three month subscription of CHADS VIDEOS, super helpful! Take notes, watch at least 2-3 times!

after that, i bought the OAT DESTROYER-and MATH destroyer and used that, i would try to do around 50 questions a day!

after this I bought DAT BOOTCAMP! it is SO similar to the real OAT! minus the PAT and add on the PHYSICS.

I didn't feel completely ready to take the OAT but I had it scheduled far in advance and I wanted to get it done with!

Study smart: meaning turning off all distractions NO PHONES/NO IMESSAGES/NO FACEBOOK!
big breakfast, clear mind, lots of coffee and snacks!

The day of the OAT, i took mine at 8;30 am, you check in, put your stuff in the locker, they screen you and then you go in and take the exam its self paced, the timer will start and there you are taking the OAT you've been preparing for, for so long! Trust yourself that you've done whatever you could do and try not to sweat it, be calm try not to study much the day before maybe go out to the movies, do something to get your mind off of it!

After roughly 4 hours with a few 15 minute breaks you're done! the score pops up right away, you get an unofficial score report and then you enjoy your life again or if you decide to retake it you take a break and study again.

I scored AA 300/TS 290 and many of my individual scores were below a 290, so don't fret! I ended up applying to 13 schools and submitted my application and it got verified all by the end of July!

By the end of September I had my acceptance letter in my hand!
So do your best, try not to worry too much, and apply to a few schools, you never know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I just wanted to give you all some help if you're studying for the OAT's!

I took my OAT in MID JULY the year I was applying and I started studying 10-12 hours a day starting May 2nd (right after winter semester ended).

I used CLIFFS AP BIO BOOK and try to memorize it as much as you can/understand it
I used the KAPLAN DAT BOOK and also try to memorize that as much as you can and also understand it

I bought three month subscription of CHADS VIDEOS, super helpful! Take notes, watch at least 2-3 times!

after that, i bought the OAT DESTROYER-and MATH destroyer and used that, i would try to do around 50 questions a day!

after this I bought DAT BOOTCAMP! it is SO similar to the real OAT! minus the PAT and add on the PHYSICS.

I didn't feel completely ready to take the OAT but I had it scheduled far in advance and I wanted to get it done with!

Study smart: meaning turning off all distractions NO PHONES/NO IMESSAGES/NO FACEBOOK!
big breakfast, clear mind, lots of coffee and snacks!

The day of the OAT, i took mine at 8;30 am, you check in, put your stuff in the locker, they screen you and then you go in and take the exam its self paced, the timer will start and there you are taking the OAT you've been preparing for, for so long! Trust yourself that you've done whatever you could do and try not to sweat it, be calm try not to study much the day before maybe go out to the movies, do something to get your mind off of it!

After roughly 4 hours with a few 15 minute breaks you're done! the score pops up right away, you get an unofficial score report and then you enjoy your life again or if you decide to retake it you take a break and study again.

I scored AA 300/TS 290 and many of my individual scores were below a 290, so don't fret! I ended up applying to 13 schools and submitted my application and it got verified all by the end of July!

By the end of September I had my acceptance letter in my hand!
So do your best, try not to worry too much, and apply to a few schools, you never know!
WOW! Congrats! Thank you for posting this! Do you mind my asking which schools you got interviews to? Which school did you get accepted? And did any schools want you to re-take your OAT at all? I too have a 300AA and 290 TS - I am planning on submitting my application sometime next week hopefully. (Just need to finish my personal statement lol). Thanks!