My MCAT 2015 Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatjelly

Meow
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Analysis of my May Exam*

I'm sharing my study schedule
(<-- link) that I've spent an embarrassing amount of time creating in hopes that it'll help others formulate their own. :) I started studying about a month ago but not consistently as I'm still settling into the study groove, and am working FT until I switch to prn status for two months at the end of March.

DISCLAIMER: There are no rest days integrated into the schedule. THIS DOES NOT MEAN that I think this schedule can or should be done without taking a break, because I definitely don't think that. Rather, you don't see any break days because 1) I started studying while working full-time and just used this as a guide to determine what order I did things in/pair up the various resources, and 2) I now work on-call so between that and the spontaneity that is life, I wasn't sure exactly when those rest days would be. If I don't feel like studying one day, I won't push it. If I'm really feeling five 8+ hour study days in a row, I'll go with it. And that's why you see what looks like an only-55 day schedule, because of the lack of pre-planned break days. PLEASE TAKE BREAKS!

These are the primary materials I ended up using (edited 6/8/15 for clarity):
  • 2015 EK set
  • 2015 TPR Psych/Socio book
  • 2012-2013 TBR set, mostly for practice passages
  • AAMC CARS question packs
  • EK FLs
  • Official Guide 120 questions, taken as a half-length
  • AAMC Official Sample Test
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan set
  • The rest of the AAMC Question bundles
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • Kaplan sectional exams for CARS, Biochem, and Behavioral Sciences (3 each)
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs
Note: I rarely supplemented an EK chapter with other readings, it was just an option in case I needed the extra review.

A typical study day: I aimed for 6-8 hours a day, one EK (or TPR for Psych/Socio) chapter each day. After I read EK chapter #1 of the day, I would do all of the respective TBR practice passages untimed. (Warning: this can take awhile--sometimes even a day's worth of studying--depending on how many passages there are. Don't feel obligated to complete all of the relevant passages. Also, for the physics and ochem books, the passage numbers refer to those in the 52 question exam, not the 25 question exam.) I liked to review my answers after each individual passage so that I could apply the knowledge I gained from wrong questions on one passage to subsequent passages, rather than keep making the same mistakes. Then I moved onto the next EK chapter + TBR passages + review.

As for the 30 minute exams: I found that I did much better on them when I didn't take them immediately after reviewing the relevant TBR passages. Instead, I took the 30 min exams the following day to allow for the material to sink in overnight. Once I started taking them the day after instead of the day of, my scores increased.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

SCORES ON STUFF (in order by date of completion):
(order: C/P | CARS | B/B | P/S | TOTAL)

Official Guide Half-Length: 21/30 (70%) | 29/30 (97%) | 21/30 (70%) | 23/30 (77%) | 94/120 (78%)

Official Sample Test: 37/59 (63%) | 47/53 (89%) | 42/59 (71%) | 52/59 (88%) | 177/230 (77%)

CARS Sample Pack 1a: 43/60 (72%)

EK FL 1: 38/59 (64%) | 41/53 (77%) | 43/59 (73%) | 49/59 (83%) | 171/230 (74%)

CARS Sample Pack 1b: 55/60 (92%)

EK FL 2: 38/59 (64%) | 38/53 (72%) | 37/59 (63%) | 49/59 (83%) | 162/230 (70%)

CARS Sample Pack 2a: 53/60 (88%)

EXAM SCORE: 125 | 130 | 125 | 128 | 508

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50 users
Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question I'm looking at your study schedule using day 1 as an example you list Kaplan Chapter 1 of Physics then TBR section 1,2 and 4 then the passages So you read for content from Kaplan and TBR? maybe the way I'm studying is wrong because it takes me more than a few hours just to finish 1 TBR chapter I read then watch Khan Videos on corresponding topics doing reading from Both Kaplan and TBR+passages will take me all day

Sorry, I've been out of the country!

TBR is only supposed to be a supplemental reading, in case Kaplan (or EK) didn't feel like a sufficient review of the material for you. Most people definitely don't need to delve into both!! Stick to Kaplan reading + KA video + TBR passages.

Hi @mcatjelly

Are TBR sections suggested for practice passages from the old TBR books? Will the old TBR books still work for this schedule since there is a new 2016 edition of TBR out? (Is the new one any different from the old TBR)?

So sorry, your question has likely been answered already but my study schedule is based off the 2012/2013 books. I'm not sure how the new differs from the old but I imagine the passage numberings will be slightly different.

Members don't see this ad :)

(<-- link) that I've spent an embarrassing amount of time creating in hopes that it'll help others formulate their own. :) I started studying about a month ago but not consistently as I'm still settling into the study groove, and am working FT until I switch to prn status for two months at the end of March.

DISCLAIMER: There are no rest days integrated into the schedule. THIS DOES NOT MEAN that I think this schedule can or should be done without taking a break, because I definitely don't think that. Rather, you don't see any break days because 1) I started studying while working full-time and just used this as a guide to determine what order I did things in/pair up the various resources, and 2) I now work on-call so between that and the spontaneity that is life, I wasn't sure exactly when those rest days would be. If I don't feel like studying one day, I won't push it. If I'm really feeling five 8+ hour study days in a row, I'll go with it. And that's why you see what looks like an only-55 day schedule, because of the lack of pre-planned break days. PLEASE TAKE BREAKS!

• 2015 EK set
  • EK FLs
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan se
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs
Note: I rarely supplemented an EK chapter with other readings, it was just an option in case I needed the extra review.

A typical study day: I aimed for 6-8 hours a day, one EK (or TPR for Psych/Socio) chapter each day. After I read EK chapter #1 of the day, I would do all of the respective TBR practice passages untimed. (Warning: this can take awhile--sometimes even a day's worth of studying--depending on how many passages there are. Don't feel obligated to complete all of the relevant passages. Also, for the physics and ochem books, the passage numbers refer to those in the 52 question exam, not the 25 question exam.) I liked to review my answers after each individual passage so that I could apply the knowledge I gained from wrong questions on one passage to subsequent passages, rather than keep making the same mistakes. Then I moved onto the next EK chapter + TBR passages + review.

As for the 30 minute exams: I found that I did much better on them when I didn't take them immediately after reviewing the relevant TBR passages. Instead, I took the 30 min exams the following day to allow for the material to sink in overnight. Once I started taking them the day after instead of the day of, my scores increased.

Official Guide Half-Length: 21/30 (70%) | 29/30 (97%) | 21/30 (70%) | 23/30 (77%) | 94/120 (78%)

Official Sample Test: 37/59 (63%) | 47/53 (89%) | 42/59 (71%) | 52/59 (88%) | 177/230 (77%)

What were you referring to as the online kaplan passages?

When you register the books online, you get access to a small online component that has a few passages and videos.
I have access right now to all Kaplan stuffs . I was just trying to clarify which one specifically . Is it the question bank they have ?

I have access right now to all Kaplan stuffs . I was just trying to clarify which one specifically . Is it the question bank they have ?

No, certain chapters had 2-3 passages associated with them. I can't speak to where they come from since I only had access to those few select resources. What matters is getting practice in relevant topics, though, so as long as you have Kaplan practice passages that correspond to each chapter, you're fine!

No, certain chapters had 2-3 passages associated with them. I can't speak to where they come from since I only had access to those few select resources. What matters is getting practice in relevant topics, though, so as long as you have Kaplan practice passages that correspond to each chapter, you're fine!
Thanks.

• 2015 EK set
  • EK FLs
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan set
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs

Hi, for day 15 . Are we to read just 3.5 only or 3.5 to the end?

Wow, this is amazingly helpful. I've skimmed over this thread so many times and never even bothered clicking the pdf which has exactly what I've been looking for (correlating old TBR passages to new EK chapters).

Using your schedule, as well as a ton of other resources and responses on this site and reddit MCAT, I've come up with the following study schedule for my content review. I am trying to involve a lot of spaced repetition to maximize retention. This schedule would give 5 total exposures to each part of the material, spaced out at 1 day, then 1-2 weeks, then several more weeks, then another 1-2 weeks. Did anyone else used spaced repetition in a similar way?

1 - Read an EK Chapter
2 - 1 day after reading EK chapter, do 30-minute EK exam from day 1 and then read next EK chapter (rotating between subjects). Note errors and supplement with old TBR, KA, & Google for full understanding
3 - 1-2 weeks after reading EK chapter, go back and do 1/3 of respective old TBR EOC passages
4 - Once finished with enough EK chapters to correspond to an entire old TBR book, spend a full day doing end-of-book problems from that book
5 - 1-2 weeks after doing the TBR end-of-book problems, go back and do another 1/3 of old TBR practice passages, maybe also supplementing with AAMC question packs

My plan is to spend 2 months doing content review in this manner and then another 2 months focusing mainly on practice (starting with 1) S Banks, OG questions, Q packs, KA passages, and final 1/3 of old TBR passages, then moving to 2) EK + NS + AAMC full-lengths).

I'm not really sure why I am posting this. Obviously I won't know whether my schedule is effective for a few months. Guess I mainly wanted to say thank you for putting in the time!

Last edited:
I'm terrible at scheduling time, so I just followed the schedule as written with two exceptions. Only thing I skipped was the 30 min EK exams, and I also added the TBR Book to supplement Psychology. Ended up with a 521 (130/132/128/131).

Mcatjelly, I really want to thank you for taking the time to make this schedule available. I honestly believe the simplicity, thoroughness and even flexibility (if needed) of the schedule makes it the best study schedule.

If done as written, this schedule will net the wanted results. As pointed out, the The Princeton Review (TPR) Psychology book is the go to book for Psych review. I think at the time the original schedule was written, the The Berkeley Review (TBR) Psych/Soc book may not have been available. I ended up using both of these. TPR offers a pretty thorough review, but to those still looking for the in depth content review typical of TBR, their Psychology book is up to the usual standard. Only thing to consider for prospective buyers is that there are less practice passages in the Psychology book compared to their Bio/Chem/Phys books. This is the one thing I would add to the schedule if anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just 3.5.
Hi mcatjelly. I read all seven pages (thus far) of the thread but still have a question. If I have old copies of Berkeley Bio, G-Chem, O-Chem and Physics is Biochemistry covered? Or do I need a separate source? If so which do you recommend the most? I know Psych/Soc are not covered and I will need a separate source. I'm thinking of using TBR for that. Will that be ok? If not, which do you recommend the most. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi mcatjelly. I read all seven pages (thus far) of the thread but still have a question. If I have old copies of Berkeley Bio, G-Chem, O-Chem and Physics is Biochemistry covered? Or do I need a separate source? If so which do you recommend the most? I know Psych/Soc are not covered and I will need a separate source. I'm thinking of using TBR for that. Will that be ok? If not, which do you recommend the most. Thanks so much for your help!

I've never seen their new materials, but I do believe old TBR covers all the biochem you'll need to know.

I really liked TPR's psych book but I think overall consensus was that no one psych/soc book will cover everything on the test. But the materials are in a state of constant change right now and because I haven't been keeping up with the latest, I'm not really the best person to ask for this. Sorry!

I've never seen their new materials, but I do believe old TBR covers all the biochem you'll need to know.

I really liked TPR's psych book but I think overall consensus was that no one psych/soc book will cover everything on the test. But the materials are in a state of constant change right now and because I haven't been keeping up with the latest, I'm not really the best person to ask for this. Sorry!

Thank you so much. That was actually a huge help!

I'm planning on taking the January MCAT.

Using this 4 month study schedule, is there a substitute for BR? I have TPR books only along with EK.

I'm planning on taking the January MCAT.

Using this 4 month study schedule, is there a substitute for BR? I have TPR books only along with EK.
Just match up the corresponding sections in anything other book. Use the table of contents. Easy ;)

I'm also planning on the January MCAT - happy studying!

Hi there, another quick question.
I see that you used the TPR Psych/Soc review book but I was wondering if there is a companion psych/soc workbook since the old TPR bio/gen chem/org chem/physics review books came with the companion science workbooks. Basically I'm trying to figure out what to use for practice for this section.
Thanks so much!

• 2015 EK set
  • EK FLs
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan set
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs

Thanks so much! How is studying going for you?
Pretty good! I'm basically going off of the What's On The MCAT? book provided by the AAMC so I'm feeling really confident about covering all of the testable topics. How about you?

@mcatjelly Thank you so much for sharing your study schedule, I just have a quick question: Would it be okay for me to use TBR 2011 for passages? The prices for 2012-2013 are quite high, is the 2011 edition really that different from 2012-2013? Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,

I made a schedule based on SN2ed's original 4 Month schedule but modified it for ExamKrackers:

In addition I will also be using GS tests to fill the last FL's out towards the end (or maybe sprinkle throughout?)

Please check it out and let me know if you would change anything or add anything! I will be supplementing the chapters with Khan Academy's videos throughout to get a visual of everything being worked out/written out.

Main Review Content:
EK 9th Ed. 2015
BR (doesn't matter the year, I am using them for additional questions/passages)
Khan Academy
1001 EK Series + Khan questions + BR questions/passages

Tests:
4 TPR tests
Maybe some GS tests (they sell a bundle of 10 for 150...not bad o.o)
AAMC Tests and some tests that have been suggested on this thread.

and the MCAT date will have to be modified based on the actual MCAT date xD

Cheers! :)

Edit* I forgot to mention that the passages/questions will also come from TPR Verbal and Science workbooks. <-- these two books are VERY important! I think EK is enough for the content review, but never skimp on questions, get familiar with as many questions as you can and as many tests you can afford as you can.

Edit2* Based on the great schedules submitted above I made another for people using EK/TBR/TPR (No Kaplan):

please advise me if I should be doing anything else?

With this 4 month study plan, is there a suitable replacement for TBR passages? I have TPR books from an online course, but not sure where the passages are. Please let me know if anyone knows a good replacement for TBR.

Thanks.

When you read the EK chapters, did you take notes or you just read them and then took the 30 mins exams.
I'm trying to figure out if taking notes is a good idea or i should just read the chapters.
than you!

I'm terrible at scheduling time, so I just followed the schedule as written with two exceptions. Only thing I skipped was the 30 min EK exams, and I also added the TBR Book to supplement Psychology. Ended up with a 521 (130/132/128/131).

Congratulations on a stellar score.

• 2015 EK set
  • EK FLs
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan set
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs

Out of curiosity, what was your strategy for the CARS section?

Out of curiosity, what was your strategy for the CARS section?

Hey! To quote myself:

"I didn't have a super fancy strategy or anything. The two big things I did were:

1) Spend more time on the passage, not the questions. This doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but I've found that a lot of time spent going back and forth between the passage and the questions could be eliminated by spending more time reading--because that's where 100% of the information you need to answer the questions is coming from.
You could spend as much as 6-8 minutes reading the passage and only spend 2-3 minutes on questions, because there's no need to spend a lot of time on questions if you've had a good, thorough reading of the passage.

2) Highlighting. This also helped with going back and forth between the passage significantly. I highlighted key words and phrases such as assertions, names, places, dates, anything in quotation marks, and any counterarguments. This made referring back to the passage much more efficient."

Reactions: 1 users

• 2015 EK set
  • EK FLs
Optional materials:
  • Kaplan MCAT 528
  • 2015 Kaplan set
  • Online Kaplan passages
  • 3 Kaplan FLs
  • 3 TPR FLs

Hello,
I have the kaplan 2015 full set, 2nd edition, plus some AAMC materials. So under the "kaplan version" tab, are you saying that on Day 1. I should JUST do bio and physics chapter 1? Or do both of these chapters, AND the TBR sections and passages?

Hello,
I have the kaplan 2015 full set, 2nd edition, plus some AAMC materials. So under the "kaplan version" tab, are you saying that on Day 1. I should JUST do bio and physics chapter 1? Or do both of these chapters, AND the TBR sections and passages?

The schedule is designed to be somewhat customizable. If you're studying full-time and can do both of those chapters + passages in one day, then go for it, but you can also split those up into two days.

This guide is great thanks for this.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to look for chapter specific passages, and some supplemental materials?

I will be following @mcatjelly guide pretty solidly committing to mcat studying starting May 4th for an August 11 test day

I have: full EC 10th edition (new edition), EC 101 verbal passages book, ALL AAMC materials, TPR biochem + psych/socio, Khan academy

I don't have: anything else lol: TBR, tpr, kaplan, kaplan528...

I think I need to add something else to my materials but not sure what? Not worrying about FL for now will prob get all EC/next step FLs, just something else supplemental to fill in that TBR passages section on the guide?

I really like the idea of after going through a chapter and then doing supplemental passages for that chapter from another book but where should I look? Should I just by the old tbr set and do that or?

This guide is great thanks for this.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to look for chapter specific passages, and some supplemental materials?

I will be following @mcatjelly guide pretty solidly committing to mcat studying starting May 4th for an August 11 test day

I have: full EC 10th edition (new edition), EC 101 verbal passages book, ALL AAMC materials, TPR biochem + psych/socio, Khan academy

I don't have: anything else lol: TBR, tpr, kaplan, kaplan528...

I think I need to add something else to my materials but not sure what? Not worrying about FL for now will prob get all EC/next step FLs, just something else supplemental to fill in that TBR passages section on the guide?

I really like the idea of after going through a chapter and then doing supplemental passages for that chapter from another book but where should I look? Should I just by the old tbr set and do that or?

I mean, my schedule is set up to give you exactly what you're looking for: supplemental passages from TBR designed to correlate with specific chapters in EK. The schedule won't be effective without the extensive use of passages, which is where TBR factors in, and I chose TBR specifically for two reasons: 1) they have TONS of passages, and 2) their answer explanations are so thorough that they can fill in any gaps missed by the EK books- which are much more concise. You could substitute in other passage sources if you want, but I think TBR's are higher quality and you have to do the matching up work yourself.

I mean, my schedule is set up to give you exactly what you're looking for: supplemental passages from TBR designed to correlate with specific chapters in EK. The schedule won't be effective without the extensive use of passages, which is where TBR factors in, and I chose TBR specifically for two reasons: 1) they have TONS of passages, and 2) their answer explanations are so thorough that they can fill in any gaps missed by the EK books- which are much more concise. You could substitute in other passage sources if you want, but I think TBR's are higher quality and you have to do the matching up work yourself.

Thank you! I am going to try and find a 2012/2013 TBR set on ebay for cheap cheap.

I edited your guide a little to fit my schedule, added a few more practice exams, EK101 CARS, and subtracted the kaplan materials: I will prob have to adjust whichever year TBR I get to the right material

Also I inserted the x.1, x.2, and x.3 strategy from the next step guide, minus the "lessons learned" and adding flash cards: Breaking Down the MCAT 2015: 100 Days to MCAT Success

thank you again as I feel really comfy with this guide and hope to kill the mcat!

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but on your schedule there is a tab for EK and Kaplan, do we use both tab as a guide? or only choose between the two?

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but on your schedule there is a tab for EK and Kaplan, do we use both tab as a guide? or only choose between the two?

Choose between the two! The Kaplan schedule is not nearly as polished as the EK one, though.

Hey @mcatjelly I just finished going over this entire thread! All 18 pages and first off it's amazing what you've started here. I haven't purchased anything yet. I am merely developing a plan. I've gotten a ton of insight here. Two ?s Would you recommend only using TBR materials? Also did you complete this schedule with individual study (no prep course)? I feel I am capable but the power of the mind is EVERYTHING. If I can get enough consensus of others that have been successful on their own I too will soar in solo study.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone used this with the TBR 2011 books instead of 2012-2013?

I'm going to try with the 2011 books (for passages only, using kaplan for reading) plus the AAMC 300 question section bank for extra practice as well as some extra full lengths. Was going to use someone else's schedule but I love how specific this is so changed last second.

Just would like to see as I saw some other people ask previously but didn't see any answers as to whether the 2011 books are ok passage wise.

Hi there, thank you for such an informative post! I am in the process of purchasing the books and I have bought all TBR and plan on buying EK Physics and Chemistry. I also found that EK has a new 101 for its subjects. I was wondering, have you ever used them (101) or know anything about them, such as which ones are worth buying?
P.S. Anyone else can respond too! Wanting to hear feedback on new EK material

For anyone else in the same boat as me I'm using TBR 2011 passages with Kaplan version of the schedule and so far it appears to match up.

Just a heads up some of the AAMC practice packs at the end of the Kaplan schedule (specifically CARS 2 second half from what I've seen ) are in the EK schedule but left out of Kaplan one. I'm gonna add them in since I have extra days in my schedule but in case anyone didn't notice and wanted to plan it in ahead of time. I'm assuming MCATjelly left it out since Kaplan takes longer to get through than EK and maybe wasn't enough time. Also 97 minutes for half packs vs 96 not sure why the difference.

Rest looks great.

I'm pretty much just going to use the EK version of the schedule after the content review is finished.

Hey @mcatjelly I just finished going over this entire thread! All 18 pages and first off it's amazing what you've started here. I haven't purchased anything yet. I am merely developing a plan. I've gotten a ton of insight here. Two ?s Would you recommend only using TBR materials? Also did you complete this schedule with individual study (no prep course)? I feel I am capable but the power of the mind is EVERYTHING. If I can get enough consensus of others that have been successful on their own I too will soar in solo study.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ah I'm so sorry, I must have missed this notification! I'm sure you've already done your thing but just in case:

1) I wouldn't recommend just TBR unless you're tight on cash and don't want to use pirated copies. Their books are incredibly detailed and I personally preferred to spend my time learning by doing practice problems vs. just reading. What I missed in content review in the EK books I made up for by TBR's practice problems.

2) I don't think you could do both a prep course AND this schedule. That would be very time-consuming. I self-studied though I wasn't very disciplined about it, so my low MCAT score was entirely the fault of my study habits haha. I have better discipline now that I'm in med school so I don't regret not taking a prep course, just that I didn't develop better study skills sooner. But if you strongly desire an external guide, there's nothing wrong with a prep course- but they are quite expensive and teach study strategies that aren't a one size fits all.

Hi there, thank you for such an informative post! I am in the process of purchasing the books and I have bought all TBR and plan on buying EK Physics and Chemistry. I also found that EK has a new 101 for its subjects. I was wondering, have you ever used them (101) or know anything about them, such as which ones are worth buying?
P.S. Anyone else can respond too! Wanting to hear feedback on new EK material

I used EK very sparsely- they're great for hammering down concepts but aren't really representative of what you'll see on the MCAT (nor are they supposed to be). I recommend using them just for topics you're weak on. Unfortunately I can't comment on the new ones, sorry!

For anyone else in the same boat as me I'm using TBR 2011 passages with Kaplan version of the schedule and so far it appears to match up.

Just a heads up some of the AAMC practice packs at the end of the Kaplan schedule (specifically CARS 2 second half from what I've seen ) are in the EK schedule but left out of Kaplan one. I'm gonna add them in since I have extra days in my schedule but in case anyone didn't notice and wanted to plan it in ahead of time. I'm assuming MCATjelly left it out since Kaplan takes longer to get through than EK and maybe wasn't enough time. Also 97 minutes for half packs vs 96 not sure why the difference.

Rest looks great.

I'm pretty much just going to use the EK version of the schedule after the content review is finished.
Glad to hear that it matches up! I ended up dropping the Kaplan schedule after day 1 or 2 because I switched over entirely to EK, so admittedly the Kaplan schedule is much less fine-tuned than the EK one.

Glad to hear that it matches up! I ended up dropping the Kaplan schedule after day 1 or 2 because I switched over entirely to EK, so admittedly the Kaplan schedule is much less fine-tuned than the EK one.

No worries, matching up the TBR passages has been a life saver. Makes my studying a lot easier so thanks a ton for that! I like the EK books but I did need the more in depth biology and biochemistry of kaplan so I adapted that version of the schedule and its been going well so far.

I can't seem to find the sectional Kaplan exams you mention though. Those may have been changed in their online materials, now they just have specific chapter based passages. I do have the Kaplan lesson books which has 3 sections per subject at the end full of passages so just going to substitute that in.

No worries, matching up the TBR passages has been a life saver. Makes my studying a lot easier so thanks a ton for that! I like the EK books but I did need the more in depth biology and biochemistry of kaplan so I adapted that version of the schedule and its been going well so far.

I can't seem to find the sectional Kaplan exams you mention though. Those may have been changed in their online materials, now they just have specific chapter based passages. I do have the Kaplan lesson books which has 3 sections per subject at the end full of passages so just going to substitute that in.

Ah, so they have passages for each chapter now? That's new- they used to only have passages for like 2-3 chapters a book. So this is better than the sectional exams. Good plan for substitution!

Ah, so they have passages for each chapter now? That's new- they used to only have passages for like 2-3 chapters a book. So this is better than the sectional exams. Good plan for substitution!

Oh no sorry, the online sectionals are still the same. Each subject has passages for like 2-4 chapters depending on the subject. I meant I have the lesson book that kaplan uses for their class (got it from a friend) and they have 3 sections of passages for each category on the mcat at the end of the book. So it's like a mini mcat for each section and there's three for each making for 12 total (about three to fours passages per section I think, haven't looked through them much yet)

Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but I am not sure what the roman numerals are referring to in:

Gen Chem Section 1: II-V, X-XII; Section 2: I-VII, IX;
Section 3: VII-X; and Section 9: all

Looking through the TBR 2016 Gen Chem book, I can't seem to find what fits those numbers. Section 1: Stoichiometry for example, is split into 2 sets of 3 passages numbered I, II, III + I, II, III.