My experience with the 2017 NAPLEX and study info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmyy252017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was a 2016 graduate from a 3 year program in which I started in 2012. I ended up taking a 1 year break between the 2nd and 3rd year. After I graduated, I took the NAPLEX about 9 months later. I had some stuff come up with family which didn't allow me to take it right after graduation like everyone else. Just wanted to let you guys know how I studied. I used the 2016 RX-PREP book only and the RX-PREP question bank to pass the new and longer Naplex on my first attempt. I studied for about a month and just focused on the hi-lighted and underlined material in the Rx-Prep book. I took the Pre-Naplex once and scored 86 then scored 90 on the actual Naplex (results came in today!). Just wanted to give some motivation to people out there, if I can pass, anyone can pass. I had no pharmacy background at all going into pharmacy school. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message and I'll try to answer them. Now to move on to the MPJE, if anyone has any advice or study tips :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations !! thank you for the post you gave me a positive energy.
Can you tell me how were the questions? were they from all chapters or concentrated from a couple of chapters more than other?

also for how much do you want the questions ?
they might bring me the good luck lol

The questions I had were all over the place. Surprisingly, I had a lot of questions from compounding (about 15 from sterile and non-sterile and select all that apply) that I had a hard time answering. I had questions on databases and resources to use for certain things that I felt like were tough too. I had a lot of math questions, you're gonna read on here everyone emphasizes the math on the naplex and it is true. These questions will save you. Know your math, I just used the math in the Rx-prep book and Rx-prep question bank to study. I felt that the math was pretty similar compared to the naplex math. The SDN-120 was a bit overkill for the naplex math I felt, but it might have just been the questions that I gotten, as there is a large test bank for the naplex. I had 4-HIV, 3-CHEMO, seizure, know the big name drugs (i.e. warfarin, amiodarone, phenytoin, etc), refrigerated drugs/suspensions, box warnings, and other stuff that would be important for retail (counseling points). I would say I felt pretty confident on about ~60% of the exam questions, 20% it was between 2-3 answers, and 20% of the exam I had no idea (like it was not even in the RX-prep book, or if it was then it was not underlined or highlighted..). I sent you a DM about the Rx-Prep Questions my friend.

Reactions: 1 users
thank you, your comment really helped I just want to make sure that I'm studying in a right way. I keep pushing the exam because I'm scared to fail.
for the MPJE I ordered people Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law, 9th Edition from Amazon people say it is good, I like they way explaining things. so straightforward.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was a 2016 graduate from a 3 year program in which I started in 2012. I ended up taking a 1 year break between the 2nd and 3rd year. After I graduated, I took the NAPLEX about 9 months later. I had some stuff come up with family which didn't allow me to take it right after graduation like everyone else. Just wanted to let you guys know how I studied. I used the 2016 RX-PREP book only and the RX-PREP question bank to pass the new and longer Naplex on my first attempt. I studied for about a month and just focused on the high-lighted and underlined material in the Rx-Prep book. I took the Pre-Naplex once and scored 86 then scored 90 on the actual Naplex (results came in today!). Just wanted to give some motivation to people out there, if I can pass, anyone can pass. I had no pharmacy background at all going into pharmacy school. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message and I'll try to answer them. Now to move on to the MPJE, if anyone has any advice or study tips :)
So I was a 2016 graduate from a 3 year program in which I started in 2012. I ended up taking a 1 year break between the 2nd and 3rd year. After I graduated, I took the NAPLEX about 9 months later. I had some stuff come up with family which didn't allow me to take it right after graduation like everyone else. Just wanted to let you guys know how I studied. I used the 2016 RX-PREP book only and the RX-PREP question bank to pass the new and longer Naplex on my first attempt. I studied for about a month and just focused on the hi-lighted and underlined material in the Rx-Prep book. I took the Pre-Naplex once and scored 86 then scored 90 on the actual Naplex (results came in today!). Just wanted to give some motivation to people out there, if I can pass, anyone can pass. I had no pharmacy background at all going into pharmacy school. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a message and I'll try to answer them. Now to move on to the MPJE, if anyone has any advice or study tips :)

I have the RX-prep test bank still, with 150 days left. Lettme know!
Thank you for sharing yout story, very motivational. Am in the same boat as yours. I didn't take it right away after graduation due to some family emergency i had to attend to. Is there anyway you can share your Rxprep testbank? Are you selling it?

I have the RX-prep test bank still, with 150 days left. Lettme know!

Last edited:

I am graduating a 3 year program in June and am terrified that I do not know enough to pass the NAPLEX. I have been studying the RxPrep book and would LOVE any advice or tidbits or any type of information you have regarding the new style of the NAPLEX since I do not have any clinical experience other than one rotation.

Thank you for sharing yout story, very motivational. Am in the same boat as yours. I didn't take it right away after graduation due to some family emergency i had to attend to. Is there anyway you can share your Rxprep testbank? Are you selling it?

Hi, I am preparing my test and would you like to share the cost and share the access?
I don't know how it works but do you know if it is possible to share the access with other people since it is expensive?
I feel like the cost gets more favorable if 3-5 people share the cost and access. Is it allowed?

I am having a lot if anxiety about NAPLEX, getting a job offer, and keeping my house and car payments. Along with the health problems with me. I just don't see a way out. I really don't have a great social support structure. My parents passed away some time before pharmacy school. Not sure if they could offer encouragement or financial support anyway. I dont even want to go to graduation. I just don't know if it was all worth it now.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I am preparing my test and would you like to share the cost and share the access?
I don't know how it works but do you know if it is possible to share the access with other people since it is expensive?
I feel like the cost gets more favorable if 3-5 people share the cost and access. Is it allowed?
Hi,
Did you find if it's possible to share the access?

Any suggestions on what to focus on for Infectious Disease? There's so much info for this topic and I'm not sure what to expect on the naplex.

Hey, pretty incredible story taking a year off and passing the exam. I'm really torn about Oncology. Do we really need to know all the TKI's with brand names??

Hey, pretty incredible story taking a year off and passing the exam. I'm really torn about Oncology. Do we really need to know all the TKI's with brand names??

the only one i knew was gleevec from doing the practice problems, i only was familiar with the underlined and bolded

I have taken and failed the NAPLEX twice. The first time I barely studied, and the second time I took three months off to study eight hours a day and still failed. Can anyone help me determine how to tackle studying for this? I used the ProntoPass study materials which contain mainly flashcards and some review posters. I do best with memorization, but struggle with pretty severe ADD and have a really hard time retaining information. Can anyone help? Thank you so much.