My exam is on the 19/8. What do my practice scores say?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheEugenius

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm testing on the 19/8, and I've taken some FL's the past month. Here are my scores of the tests in the order I took them:

AAMC FL 1: 130/127*/128/129 (514)

*Made the mistake of thinking you only get 9 minutes per passage instead of 10. Ended up rushing through them too quickly, so the score may have been higher otherwise.

EK 1: 41/36/40/43 (70%)

NS 1: 128/126/128/130 (512)

NS 2: 128/128/129/129 (514)

NS 4: 127/125/128/129 (509)

AAMC FL 2: 129/126/130/129 (514)

I'm worried about CARS, but there's only 2 days left. Are there any last minute things I should do based on my scores?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing well, and will probably score 514 or slightly better. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to improve your CARS score in a day. Just make sure not to rush during the test.

It may be worth going over some psych/soc terminology today to gain yourself a point or two in that section.

Looking very good. Nothing you can do about CARS right now to be honest. you could read about strategies with CARS but honestly I would just leave it and rest these 2 days to get mentally prepared. I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

Agree with the above.

Only test strategy I would look at now is the Golden Rule posted by KoalaT. So useful for CARS and even other sections at times. Essentially, "wrong is wrong, least wrong is most right."

Otherwise, rest, relax, get some real sleep, and go rock it. 514 on the FL2 is very reassuring.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use the "Obama" method.

People laughed at this method, but it really worked.

Use his voice as he read, jogged, sneered, jumped over the passage with you. Obama has a very distinct sneering, condescending voice that will keep you very engaged. His wry image will keep you engaged.

My friend said Obama really help them in CARS; I find Obama also very helpful during my CARS.

Try him.

Agree with the above.

Only test strategy I would look at now is the Golden Rule posted by KoalaT. So useful for CARS and even other sections at times. Essentially, "wrong is wrong, least wrong is most right."

Otherwise, rest, relax, get some real sleep, and go rock it. 514 on the FL2 is very reassuring.

Use the "Obama" method.

People laughed at this method, but it really worked.

Use his voice as he read, jogged, sneered, jumped over the passage with you. Obama has a very distinct sneering, condescending voice that will keep you very engaged. His wry image will keep you engaged.

My friend said Obama really help them in CARS; I find Obama also very helpful during my CARS.

Try him.

These are amazing lmao

Too bad I didn't know about them sooner. I'll try to make use of them tomorrow!