Multiple Misspellings on Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to submit tomorrow, and as I look through and proofread my transcript entry, there are multiple misspellings... Example: I took a class called "Coagulation & Hemostasis" and it's spelled "Coagual & Hemotasi" on my transcript.

Should I really enter the course names exactly how they appear on the transcript that my school sent me? I'm assuming this is the same transcript AACOMAS received. This is just one example of about 3-4 class names misspelled or slightly different from the actual class name on the school website. .

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like they attempted to do abbreviations and kind of failed a little in the process. I believe AACOMAS emphasizes that you must enter your transcript information exactly how it appears, so I wouldn't make any spelling corrections.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with the above. As long as you're using an official transcript to enter your course info, you'll be fine. Mine was similar in that my school abbreviated things in a pretty convoluted manner and I had to kind of just go with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Crashing this thread, with no survivors:

There's a few issues with my AACOMAS:
  • For two out of my approximately 30 schools, I accidentally chose my organic chem classes when it wanted me to select my gen chem courses. Already submitted, what do? I emailed the admissions for those schools but haven't heard back.
  • My calculated Inorganic Chemistry GPA is wrong. It says 3.18 with 12 credits, when it should be 8 credits at 3.65. If it was like .05 off, I wouldn't care, but half a whole point matters. I don't have a guess how this happened, I only ever took Gen Chem, Orgo and Bchem so its not like they're lumping an elective in there.
What do?

Crashing this thread, with no survivors:

There's a few issues with my AACOMAS:
  • For two out of my approximately 30 schools, I accidentally chose my organic chem classes when it wanted me to select my gen chem courses. Already submitted, what do? I emailed the admissions for those schools but haven't heard back.
  • My calculated Inorganic Chemistry GPA is wrong. It says 3.18 with 12 credits, when it should be 8 credits at 3.65. If it was like .05 off, I wouldn't care, but half a whole point matters. I don't have a guess how this happened, I only ever took Gen Chem, Orgo and Bchem so its not like they're lumping an elective in there.
What do?

You can speak directly with AACOMAS to see if you can get that changed. I've heard of times where people will completely butcher their application, but after talking to AACOMAS, they can reset certain portions for them.

AACOMAS specifically states that dept abbreviations and course numbers must be exact, but the course title can be abbreviated or whatever as long as it's intuitive to the person checking it.

I wouldn't stress about it. I incorrectly entered the course numbers on my transcript entry so I had my application sent back to me to fix the mistakes (I put the course numbers before the department for every class). I fixed the entries and was verified in a couple hours.

Put it in exactly as it shows. I had some classes with the same situation, and I did the abbreviations. Got approved on the first go round.