MPJE - WI 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worrywort20171105

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be starting residency this year in WI and I was wondering on how to study for the WI MPJE. What tools were used to study (i.e. prontopass, rxprep), the boards website, how long to study for, etc. I know from other schools, there's usually a law review packet provided during the exam review session at the end of the year. I've tried calling UofW-Madison and Concordia but there wasn't much help. Is there a law review packet that is given to the graduating class?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also out of state. Was forwarded some study materials from last year's residency class which seems to be helpful. I'm mainly just reviewing my federal law book from school and the WI law statutes. They're pretty brief.

I am searching for WI MPJE study tips as well! Also have you taken the NAPLEX yet. I heard WI is pretty slow at posting NAPLEX results...

Just took this MPJE. I don't think I failed but it's a toss up. Honestly feel so so about the whole thing.

Definitely tricky. I felt comfortable on 40-50% questions, confused on maybe like 30% and the rest were just bizarre and I never read about this. Topics ranged from pharmacy practice requirements to PPPA to case based scenarios. The big issue is the select all that apply questions. Questions are ambiguous. Answers are ambiguous. I found it difficult to choose between two options that both sounded legit multiple times. Definitely practice some case based questions because the exam is not going to ask you how many years you keep Rx records (I got like 2 of those total).

Couldn't tell you what to focus on as the test was all over the place except maybe look at every single detail of label requirements and controlled substances. And know your federal law. There were way more federal questions than I thought. Of course they are all random too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in agreement with #lionheart555. I took it last week and have no idea what to feel about the whole thing. There were many questions where I was able to get it down to a couple options, but had no idea after that.

I don't recall getting a lot of federal law on my version, but that could just be random luck of the draw. I think there are ~600 questions for the law test in a pool that are pulled at random for the exam.

Hopefully the results get posted to the PEB here in the near future.

Took this at the beginning of the month and found out I barely failed (72). Coming from out of state, all I did was read the Statutes on the WI PEB website and also some materials forwarded to me by some residents. I agree with @lionheart555 that the test questions were super random and case-based, and I didn't get a majority of things I prepared for (dates of how long to keep records, etc etc). Specifically, what did me in was I didn't know how WI dealt with out of state prescribers when it came to controlled substances, since I got ~10 questions about that. Hoping you guys find out you passed (the PEB has been super slow for whatever reason), and that they'll send me a new ATT ASAP so I can retake it again.

Just found out I passed today by the hair of my skin. Good luck to everyone waiting for their scores