Motivational Post for DAT Re-Takers/ Lazy Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BosDent93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went from:

AA 18 TS 18 BIO 14 GC 20 OC 21 PAT 17 RC 22 QR 15 (May 2016)

to

AA 22 TS 22 BIO 24 GC 20 OC 22 PAT 22 RC 23 QR 20 (June 2017)

I took the DAT this morning and I am very satisfied, especially if I take in account how I did last year. I changed my time management and study materials. I used Bootcamp, most of destroyer, Ferali's notes, Cliff's, Chad's videos, Craig Savage Youtube videos, and knowledge I acquired in my Grad program. I studied about 1.5-2 months, morning to evening. The materials I used helped a great amount. Destroyer and Bootcamp's practice problem for the new QR questions were clutch. I've attached my Bootcamp practice to show my progress. I also attached my old and new scores. I'd say on the actual there was not anything I was unfamiliar with. The materials I used helped expose me to anything I would come across, even those stupid rocks problems. General tips I can give are for QR guess and mark can definitely save you, learn how to deal with rocks, manage your time on PAT, when you search and destroy in RC make sure the sentences before and after what you think is the answer matches also.

There is a lot of breakdowns so I figured there's enough people helping already haha. I don't think if I wrote a big breakdown it would be too special, BUT I will answer any questions if you have any.

Shouts out to @Ari Rezaei @orgoman22 @FeralisExtremum

BC Log.jpg
Cropped 2016 DAT.jpg
Cropped 2017 DAT.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Holy bio score :eek: that's a huge jump!!! This is amazing and motivational, congrats :claps:

Reactions: 1 users
Great Scores!

Can you please tell me how difficult/diverse are the questions in biology? Like is reading Cliffs bio book enough? Also, is plants really that important in the bio section according to your last two exams? Like do I really need to know all the stuff in the Cliffs bio chapter? And finally embryology, how much do I need to know about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome score! I am so happy for you.
Best of luck :)
What was your RC method?

I went from:

AA 18 TS 18 BIO 14 GC 20 OC 21 PAT 17 RC 22 QR 15 (May 2016)

to

AA 22 TS 22 BIO 24 GC 20 OC 22 PAT 22 RC 23 QR 20 (June 2017)

I took the DAT this morning and I am very satisfied, especially if I take in account how I did last year. I changed my time management and study materials. I used Bootcamp, most of destroyer, Ferali's notes, Cliff's, Chad's videos, Craig Savage Youtube videos, and knowledge I acquired in my Grad program. I studied about 1.5-2 months, morning to evening. The materials I used helped a great amount. Destroyer and Bootcamp's practice problem for the new QR questions were clutch. I've attached my Bootcamp practice to show my progress. I also attached my old and new scores. I'd say on the actual there was not anything I was unfamiliar with. The materials I used helped expose me to anything I would come across, even those stupid rocks problems. General tips I can give are for QR guess and mark can definitely save you, learn how to deal with rocks, manage your time on PAT, when you search and destroy in RC make sure the sentences before and after what you think is the answer matches also.

There is a lot of breakdowns so I figured there's enough people helping already haha. I don't think if I wrote a big breakdown it would be too special, BUT I will answer any questions if you have any.

Shouts out to @Ari Rezaei @orgoman22 @FeralisExtremum

View attachment 220584 View attachment 220586 View attachment 220587
Wow! Congratulations! You got the job done this time..DAT Destroyed!

Enjoy your weekend and summer..

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome score! I am so happy for you.
Best of luck :)
What was your RC method?
For every section, I skimmed each paragraph for about 5 minutes tops, it leaves me time for a more thorough search and destroy. Some questions are literally like finish the sentence, some will ask you a question designed to expose search and destroy. When you think you found an answer, make sure the sentence before and the sentence after your answer fit what the question is asking for. The topic the question is asking could be in two spots, so doing it my way will help you make a better decision.

Great Scores!

Can you please tell me how difficult/diverse are the questions in biology? Like is reading Cliffs bio book enough? Also, is plants really that important in the bio section according to your last two exams? Like do I really need to know all the stuff in the Cliffs bio chapter? And finally embryology, how much do I need to know about that?

You can't get a rhythm in the Bio section haha. The questions are so many different topics haha. They did not get that deep though, they asked about things you hear about repeatedly. Cliff's is a good foundation, but it is not enough. You should read cliff's once, accompany with videos and Ferali's notes 2x. The Cliff's for plants is too much, you'll get like 2 questions tops, BUT plants are a big topic so it can be 2 questions about anything. I think the craig savage plant playlist is good enough, after at least skimming cliff's and Ferali's. There was a decent amount of embryology, I think the way Ferali's set it up is good, also put a video playlist with it.