MD Motivation vs inspiration ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lately i have come across an article about inspiration. Basically motivation comes from the outside like reading about successful people and it gives you an intant burst to do your work but the downside is that it is short term
While inspiration comed from the inside and it is long term

As in studying i know we all have times when we feel like we don't want to study
The author said to study better and harder you need inspiration , every night and right after wake up : take a minute, close your eyes and visialise why you need to study, imagine the future successful you not others that will give you a clear state of mind for me :
'' i have to study to become a great doctor ''
'' i have to study to be a top student ''
'' i have to study because i'm a successful person not a quiter '

What do u think ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say inspiration from within. I inspire for people not to think I am the most incompetent, lazy, *****ic, 5'9 manlet alive because of my step 1 score, so I study hard. Couldn't care less about other successful people who are 6'0, have 260+ on Step 1, and are dating former college cheerleaders.

Reactions: 5 users
I would say inspiration from within. I inspire for people not to think I am the most incompetent, lazy, *****ic, 5'9 manlet alive because of my step 1 score, so I study hard. Couldn't care less about other successful people who are 6'0, have 260+ on Step 1, and are dating former college cheerleaders.
Duuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeee

Lately i have come across an article about inspiration. Basically motivation comes from the outside like reading about successful people and it gives you an intant burst to do your work but the downside is that it is short term
While inspiration comed from the inside and it is long term

As in studying i know we all have times when we feel like we don't want to study
The author said to study better and harder you need inspiration , every night and right after wake up : take a minute, close your eyes and visialise why you need to study, imagine the future successful you not others that will give you a clear state of mind for me :
'' i have to study to become a great doctor ''
'' i have to study to be a top student ''
'' i have to study because i'm a successful person not a quiter '

What do u think ?
I would say that the best thing to do is identify why exactly you want to become a physician in the first place. One real, deeply personal and sincere statement on why you want to be a doctor. That is your motivation.

Everything else is just a pep rally.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

If I ever need to see the ENT in the future, I hope it's you who I see.

Lmao what

Post to username ratio

I inspire for people not to think I am the most incompetent, lazy, *****ic, 5'9 manlet alive because of my step 1 score, so I study hard.

I really thought you were a troll for the longest time until I read this statement. Now I'm starting to pity you...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Negotiate between what society now expects from you as a healthcare provider and what truly matters to you as a person. The most successful people and organizations have clear and focused mission statements.

trolls-have-fun.jpg
I really thought you were a troll for the longest time until I read this statement. Now I'm starting to pity you...

Oh Lorddddd!!!! You might want to read the following

Trolls Just Want To Have Fun

In two online studies (total N = 1215), respondents completed personality inventories and a survey of their Internet commenting styles. Overall, strong positive associations emerged among online commenting frequency, trolling enjoyment, and troll identity, pointing to a common construct underlying the measures. Both studies revealed similar patterns of relations between trolling and the Dark Tetrad of personality: trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, using both enjoyment ratings and identity scores. Of all personality measures, sadism showed the most robust associations with trolling and, importantly, the relationship was specific to trolling behavior. Enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.

Buckels, E. E., et al. Trolls just want to have fun. Personality and Individual Differences (2014)

Last edited: