Most receptive countries for IMGs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rods

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a brazilian med student from UFMG (brazilian university) and because of the increasing urban violence in Brazil I'm eager to immigrate to a more developed (and safe) country. I'd like to know which countries are the most receptive to international medical graduates. I'm willing to study for whatever tests I'd have to take and to learn any language/culture from scratch. My plan is to finish medical school here in Brazil and do my residency in the country I want to live for the rest of life. I'm looking for gay friendly countries too. I know it's a rough path, full of obstacles, but I really wanna try. I'd like to do my residency in any surgical area, although I'd be happy to consider some clinical ones (I understand that being picky on the specialty is to push things too much). I would really appreciate some insight about which countries i should keep in mind. I'll finish med school in 5 years (just finished the first year).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The US is the most receptive, its not easy, but its actually doable. Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand are all closed doors for you.

For non-english speaking countries I don't really know.

Reactions: 1 user