USMLE/COMLEX More than 2,300 questions with instant results to Boost Your Step 2 Score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
More than 2,300 questions with instant results to Boost Your Step 2 Score!

USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank
2,300+ questions with high-yield remediation and matching sets from trusted Elsevier content. Each purchase includes FREE Scorrelator™

TRY IT TODAY! Activate discount code TPW09S230 to save 30% at checkout on all USMLE Consult Step 2 products and subscription lengths. Buy now and activate your PIN within the next 6 months!

USMLE Consult Step 2 Question Bank’s Outstanding Features:
.o. ..Simulate the latest USMLE™ exam interface – choose from current or NEW! FRED V2
.o. ..Choose between test modes – practice (untimed with answers and explanations as you go) and timed (with answers and explanations at the end)
.o. ..View High-yield Hits (bonus remediation content) from Elsevier textbooks and other premier products
.o. ..Features matching sets just like the real thing!
.o. ..Pick a random mix of questions or select by specialty or subspecialty
.o. ..Customize tests with new questions, previously incorrect questions, or a mix of both
.o. ..Analyze your performance for each test or cumulatively over time, track your progress, pinpoint right and wrong answers by specialty or subspecialty, and compare your scores to others’
Learn more about USMLE Consult Step 2 products.
http://www.studentconsult.com/usmle/about/default.cfm#step2

Check the forum throughout the week to find out how you can take a test drive…then come back and tell us what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Elsevier's USMLE Consult will be giving away one free subscription to USMLE Consult Step 2 Question Bank to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Do you have any free sample questions that we can try before deciding to purchase the Qbanks?

Are these the Qbank questions the same as the ones that are called USMLE123?

Are the questions updated to meet the changes to the USMLE changes, such as including audio/video questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any free sample questions that we can try before deciding to purchase the Qbanks?

Are these the Qbank questions the same as the ones that are called USMLE123?

Are the questions updated to meet the changes to the USMLE changes, such as including audio/video questions?

Hello,

Yes, the product was once called USMLE123. We renamed it to USMLE Consult because Elsevier has a family of Consult products (Procedure Consult, Imaging Consult, Student Consult, MD Consult, and more) that this fits in really well with.

We have made changes to reflect the new interface and we have the capability to use audio/video. However, we have not yet posted those questions. We hope to have those questions live in March.

You can register for a 30-question trial on our web site (www.usmleconsult.com).

I am interested in this product. Has anyone used it for Step 1 and how did they feel that influenced their scoring? Thanks.

I am very interested in this product and am looking for a supplement for Step 2. Is this organ or clinical rotation based?

I used USMLE123 and found it especially helpful that it referred back to major texts from the basic sciences (Robbins, Goljan RR Path, Costanzo Physio). Does the version for Step 2 refer back to books from the clinical years? If so, can you list some of the texts that are referenced in answers.

Does USMLE Consult Step I offer any "pretest" type materials, or full length practice tests? I'm hoping to take a "pretest" early in the review process to help focus my studies.

I used usmle consult for step 1 prep and really liked how the explanations were in depth, and often included text/pages directly from the text books.

I am very interested in this product and am looking for a supplement for Step 2. Is this organ or clinical rotation based?

Hi there:

Step 2 is rotation based with an option to choose from subspecialty as well (within medicine, peds, surgery, you can choose hematologic, cardiovascular, etc).

Does USMLE Consult Step I offer any "pretest" type materials, or full length practice tests? I'm hoping to take a "pretest" early in the review process to help focus my studies.

Hi,

Yes, all Steps include our Scorrelator, which includes 150 pre-selected questions in a 3-hour mock Step 1 exam. It correlates your performance with actual scores on the USMLE Step 1. Results are analyzed right down to the subtopic level. Are you interested in our correlation methods? I can send you more information. :D

I used USMLE123 and found it especially helpful that it referred back to major texts from the basic sciences (Robbins, Goljan RR Path, Costanzo Physio). Does the version for Step 2 refer back to books from the clinical years? If so, can you list some of the texts that are referenced in answers.

Hi,

Yes, Step 2 includes referenced Elsevier content. Our remediation includes Elsevier's cornerstone textbooks and clinical references like Brouchert's Crush, Ferri, Secrets, and Cecil's and Nelson's Essentials. :thumbup:

Do your provide answers and explanations for the scorerelator exams?

Do your provide answers and explanations for the scorerelator exams?

Not on the Scorrelator. We provide overall test results, average time used per question, and average score. A graphical display also allows you to place your percentage score on our correlation curve allowing you to see, at a glance, how your score correlates with actual USMLE 3-digit scores.

I know it probably has been asked a lot but i am really interested in knowing about step-2 package helping students for shelf exams?

I know it probably has been asked a lot but i am really interested in knowing about step-2 package helping students for shelf exams?

Hi, I don't have much experience with shelf exams. Why don't you take a look at it (30-question free trial)?:cool: Since it can be searched well by specialty, it may be helpful.

How does your product compare to the other, more well known, Qbanks out there? Why is it better?

How does your product compare to the other, more well known, Qbanks out there? Why is it better?

I think the most important criteria for comparison are usefulness and price.

How well does UC work? We have made every effort to ensure that our questions are similar to those on the exam in concept (from anatomy to physiology), level of difficulty (we use vignette-style questions and we do not use questions that simply ask for recall of fact), format (one-best answer only, with plausible options), and interface (the look of the real exam, Fred V1 and 2). The questions are written by students who have recently taken the exam. Each question is reviewed in-house by a team of test-prep professionals, and then sent to reviewers (sometimes students, sometimes professionals).

Our pricing is among the most reasonable. More importantly, the product WORKS. And USMLE Consult is backed by Elsevier's customer service team.

For a long time, students didn't have many choices for on-line test prep. There are more options and I think that's a huge advantage. I have seen other companies lowering their prices, updating their interfaces, adding more content. This is all good for the student.

Status
Not open for further replies.