Molecular imaging research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadX

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a oncologcial imaging fellow in Egypt and I have the opportunity to spend 2 years of research at a reputable molecular imaging lab in Germany (Funded ). I was excited at the beginning but after I started to dig deep in the topic, I started to think that molecular imaging is a loop hole as all the projects start with a brilliant idea tested in vitro then in vivo then ... nothing happens, they just come with another brilliant idea to work on following the same cycle with direct human research. Even the iron superoxide nanoparticles which are FDA approved, don't have much popularity in clinical use.

On the other side, I think that publications in molecular imaging will be a good thing for my CV (better than clinical research?)

What do you think? Any experiences with molecular imaging research?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't MBI pretty big right now, and replacing mammo? Same thing is being applied elsewhere no? I thought the technology was actually exploding already...I mean there's a ton to look into the application of molecular diagnostics, it doesn't have to be cookie cutter.