MOLDOVA--IDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

micro_tree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post if you know any info about accreditation of IDP in Moldova. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Please post if you know any info about accreditation of IDP in Moldova. Thanks.
I just found out about this program... it is approved my California State Board so if I go and spend 24 months at Moldova, I will eligible to practice as a Dentist in California only for 5 years. After that I would be eligible to practice mostly all over the states.

However, I don't have much info about program. Whether that program is worth it or not... it is quite cheaper as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out about this program... it is approved my California State Board so if I go and spend 24 months at Moldova, I will eligible to practice as a Dentist in California only for 5 years. After that I would be eligible to practice mostly all over the states.

However, I don't have much info about program. Whether that program is worth it or not... it is quite cheaper as well.

Hi! I found the same thing, but from what I've understood so far it's new the accreditation by the California Board...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I found the same thing, but from what I've understood so far it's new the accreditation by the California Board...
Hi Thank you both. They said they are starting classes for 5 year program some time in October 2017. Do you know when they are starting classes for IDP--2 year one? Is any one thinking of applying to program? Thank you.

Hi Thank you both. They said they are starting classes for 5 year program some time in October 2017. Do you know when they are starting classes for IDP--2 year one? Is any one thinking of applying to program? Thank you.
Yes. I read on their website that dead line will be feb and the school starts on 1st April.
I have few questions regarding Moldova country... Do you know how that place is? safe? I have no idea how different is that place compare to USA.
I will appreciate if you have any info about the place...

Yes. I read on their website that dead line will be feb and the school starts on 1st April.
I have few questions regarding Moldova country... Do you know how that place is? safe? I have no idea how different is that place compare to USA.

All I know is that - generally speaking - Moldova is a poor country, everything is so much cheaper than the USA ( you can't even compare them).
Chisinau ( the capital ) looks like a European city, and the prices are European prices, but the salary is still at Soviet levels.

I do not know much about Moldova. But Braineddetermined gave some idea about the place. I am reading online for information. Safety?? It depends upon person also who live in any place.
I am more concerned about of accreditation in CA. What if accreditation fails after any student completing the program?

I do not know much about Moldova. But Braineddetermined gave some idea about the place. I am reading online for information. Safety?? It depends upon person also who live in any place.
I am more concerned about of accreditation in CA. What if accreditation fails after any student completing the program?
Honestly, the whole thing is new, you should give it some time...better thing to do is to apply to the US dental schools (safest choice)

Anyone have an idea what banks might have private student loans for schools outside USA? I called few banks, they do it for schools within USA only.
Thanks.

Anyone have an idea what banks might have private student loans for schools outside USA? I called few banks, they do it for schools within USA only.
Thanks.
So, the most important question is that are you apply for the program? and regarding bank loan, I agree as far as I know mostly USA banks give the loan for USA schools only. That is why the school asks for the bank statement lol
If you are applying for it, could you share the process of application and any additional info which is not mentioned on their website?

I will appreciate for your help.
Thanks.

So, the most important question is that are you apply for the program? and regarding bank loan, I agree as far as I know mostly USA banks give the loan for USA schools only. That is why the school asks for the bank statement lol
If you are applying for it, could you share the process of application and any additional info which is not mentioned on their website?

I will appreciate for your help.
Thanks.
All I know about program from their website only. If you know more please let me know. Me applying to program, I do not know. Thank you.

All I know about program from their website only. If you know more please let me know. Me applying to program, I do not know. Thank you.
Well, the most risky thing is that the school has provisional approval till 12/2018 and we don't know the board will give the full approval or not. According to the Board, when we graduate from the school, it should be approved by the board. So, in case, we get into school and start program in April 2018, most likely we will be graduating in or around march 2020. And we do not know the status of the school in 2020. If the school will not be approved in 2020, we won't be eligible to practice in California...

Well, the most risky thing is that the school has provisional approval till 12/2018 and we don't know the board will give the full approval or not. According to the Board, when we graduate from the school, it should be approved by the board. So, in case, we get into school and start program in April 2018, most likely we will be graduating in or around march 2020. And we do not know the status of the school in 2020. If the school will not be approved in 2020, we won't be eligible to practice in California...
Thanks for info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates from anyone? Thanks.
I am applying to Moldova program. I read on their web site about how to apply. I try to call Encino (CA) office, I am getting message. Any one try to call and spoke to the office? When they are starting the IDP classses.? Thanks

I am applying to Moldova program. I read on their web site about how to apply. I try to call Encino (CA) office, I am getting message. Any one try to call and spoke to the office? When they are starting the IDP classses.? Thanks
Please .....any one know any info? I am not living in CA otherwise I would have visited Encino, CA office. Thanks.

Please .....any one know any info? I am not living in CA otherwise I would have visited Encino, CA office. Thanks.
Please share anyone has information regarding Moldova 2 Year program. Thank you.

That is exactly what I expected this program to be. The big question is why California is willing to accredit it

That is exactly what I expected this program to be. The big question is why California is willing to accredit it

That question hangs over our head too... I've heard that there are other international dental schools asking for accreditation, and I'd like to think there are ones that are as competent as US schools, so why not them? Who knows...

Hi, thanks for your information? You were admitted into 5 years program? Do you have any information about the 2 years program ?

Yes it was the 5 year program. Unfortunately I don't have much info about the 2 year program other than that international dental school graduates would use that as their way to practice in California ... Sorry that's all I know ):

That question hangs over our head too... I've heard that there are other international dental schools asking for accreditation, and I'd like to think there are ones that are as competent as US schools, so why not them? Who knows...
In general, corruption was always more rampant in the south of the USSR. Moldova is not doing very well since the dissolution and I can tell you all the above sound very realistic to me. At the same time I must say, that if someone wants to learn - they will

In general, corruption was always more rampant in the south of the USSR. Moldova is not doing very well since the dissolution and I can tell you all the above sound very realistic to me. At the same time I must say, that if someone wants to learn - they will

I see... I had enrolled into this program without knowing much about Moldova itself. I was just eager to get into a dental program...
I should have known better..

I agree with you. We have only one student (out of 15) from our class who has actually passed all the first semester classes, who will probably be the only one to pass the second semester, and who will be the only true second year dental student when the next year rolls by. You can tell he's very determined to get through this program regardless of the conditions. I admire his dedication.

I see... I had enrolled into this program without knowing much about Moldova itself. I was just eager to get into a dental program...
I should have known better..

I agree with you. We have only one student (out of 15) from our class who has actually passed all the first semester classes, who will probably be the only one to pass the second semester, and who will be the only true second year dental student when the next year rolls by. You can tell he's very determined to get through this program regardless of the conditions. I admire his dedication.
A friend of mine graduated from a dental program in Russia in the late 90s. He studied Russian for a full year. I don't understand how can you study in a foreign language without even knowing it properly. Sorry about your situation

A friend of mine graduated from a dental program in Russia in the late 90s. He studied Russian for a full year. I don't understand how can you study in a foreign language without even knowing it properly. Sorry about your situation

Oh, the classes are actually in English for the international students, and some professors are good at disseminating the material in English, but others are just utterly terrible. Thank you for the concern. I just hope my situation will gradually get better as I retry getting into dental school here in the US.

has anyone been to university of de la salle mexico for interview? i need some information about it. thanks

Oh, the classes are actually in English for the international students, and some professors are good at disseminating the material in English, but others are just utterly terrible. Thank you for the concern. I just hope my situation will gradually get better as I retry getting into dental school here in the US.

Hi dear,

Have you accepted in De La Salle IDP program?
Also, do you know any info regarding their practical (bench test ) and theoretical test?

That would be great to hear any tips...Thanks

Hi dear,

Have you accepted in De La Salle IDP program?
Also, do you know any info regarding their practical (bench test ) and theoretical test?

That would be great to hear any tips...Thanks

Hello :)

I didn't apply to the De La Salle IDP program so I can't help you with that one... Sorry

Hmm, you mean practical and theoretical tests for subjects in the Moldovan program? If I remember correctly, you have three tries to pass the theoretical tests in a subject. The theoretical tests are in multiple choice format and the number of questions can vary from 15-30 questions. I remember there being a time limit for some subjects, like biochemistry, but I don't remember for classes like histology and anatomy. A passing score is 50%. If you don't pass after the third try, you can take it more times but you will have to pay a fee (50 euro per attempt I believe). This isn't a strict policy though. Teachers hold the power to let you try as many times without paying a fee, if you can get on their good side. Other ones may be strict and follow the policy regardless. As for when to take the test, it's actually quite flexible. For the first few tries the teacher will take all of you in together in the computer room. After that, if you don't pass, they'll just ask "Who's ready to take the test today?" And if you are ready, then they'll let you take the test while they're instructing the rest of the class.

As for practical, this test applies to a few subjects, like anatomy and histology where you have to memorize body parts, their function, and be able to label whatever the proctor asks you to label on the cadaver or slide. They can give you 5-10 questions or possible more. I think you also get more than one attempt for these. I think there's one for physics as well? This one is a written test. I never attempted this one so I can't help with that one.

Hello :)

I didn't apply to the De La Salle IDP program so I can't help you with that one... Sorry

Hmm, you mean practical and theoretical tests for subjects in the Moldovan program? If I remember correctly, you have three tries to pass the theoretical tests in a subject. The theoretical tests are in multiple choice format and the number of questions can vary from 15-30 questions. I remember there being a time limit for some subjects, like biochemistry, but I don't remember for classes like histology and anatomy. A passing score is 50%. If you don't pass after the third try, you can take it more times but you will have to pay a fee (50 euro per attempt I believe). This isn't a strict policy though. Teachers hold the power to let you try as many times without paying a fee, if you can get on their good side. Other ones may be strict and follow the policy regardless. As for when to take the test, it's actually quite flexible. For the first few tries the teacher will take all of you in together in the computer room. After that, if you don't pass, they'll just ask "Who's ready to take the test today?" And if you are ready, then they'll let you take the test while they're instructing the rest of the class.

As for practical, this test applies to a few subjects, like anatomy and histology where you have to memorize body parts, their function, and be able to label whatever the proctor asks you to label on the cadaver or slide. They can give you 5-10 questions or possible more. I think you also get more than one attempt for these. I think there's one for physics as well? This one is a written test. I never attempted this one so I can't help with that one.

Hi dear,
Thank you very much for reply and explanation. Appreciated.... though I was asking for Mexico school in Leon and not the school in Moldova,
But I am sure your info will help those who are applying to Moldovan school... :)

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors... :)

Hi dear,
Thank you very much for reply and explanation. Appreciated.... though I was asking for Mexico school in Leon and not the school in Moldova,
But I am sure your info will help those who are applying to Moldovan school... :)

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors... :)
Is this practical and theoretical information for IDP admission?which is 2 years program for foreign trained dentists

Is this practical and theoretical information for IDP admission?which is 2 years program for foreign trained dentists
Yes, it's for IDP 2 yrs program.

Yes, it's for IDP 2 yrs program.
OK thanks really appreciate your help
These are admission tests right?they take these tests on the day of interview?
How you like the university and where you took the admission test and interview?

Questions:
If we graduate from Moldova - are we restricted to practicing in Only California for the rest of our lives? Or can we apply to other boards out of state after a few years practicing in California?

Second Question:
So as of now, Moldova is approved by the dental board. But if for some reason they decide to change this decision - does this mean we would be unable to practice in California if we are half way through our program or if we had completed it?

Last edited:
Questions:
If we graduate from Moldova - are we restricted to practicing in Only California for the rest of our lives? Or can we apply to other boards out of state after a few years practicing in California?

Second Question:
So as of now, Moldova is approved by the dental board. But if for some reason they decide to change this decision - does this mean we would be unable to practice in California if we are half way through our program or if we had completed it?

For your first question - we can practice out side CA after 5 yrs n u can also apply for speciality course in USA as a USA graduate.
Ans 2: the school has approval for 4 yrs so the board will not change the decision before 4 yrs. and in worse situation if the school is loosing the approval and someone is graduating after loosing approval, he/she cannot practice in CA- in short, the school’s status matters when we are graduating not when we are joining

How do you know about school approval?there's nothing change in the board of California website
When they start application process any idea?

I asked the board via email, they said so. I don’t know about that , they said they will update the website soon. Website of the school
OK thank you please post if you find any updates regarding admission
Did you send application already,

Did anyone know if DeLaSalle has renew its accreditation as it is going to be end in 2019

me too i got acceptance but they are so weird, i need to connect any got acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
me too i got acceptance but they are so weird, i need to connect any got acceptance
Congrats I have also received acceptance email n you are right it’s weird

Hi, I too got acceptance in IDP program.

Any idea to get the loan for Moldova IDP program?

There is no loan
Any one has his name on acceptance letter
They send acceptance letter without sign of director or name of applicant
They asked to transfer mony for first year before 20 of September
And they asked to stay one week in Los Angeles

Why should we pay the non-refundable 5000$ and after that placement exam ? What is that? I’m worried alittle , any one had talk to board of California recently?
I was trying to call them on Friday however, didn’t pick up
I will definitely call her on Tuesday

I made group on WhatsApp to discuss some points regarding 2 years idp program of moldova so anyone wants to join us send his/her number.
Thanks

Reactions: 2 users