Modeselektor's No-Nonsense template to getting a good score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modeselektor

Let me show you the whey of the true path
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step%20Schedule.jpg

Breaks during phase 1 mean take a f.ucking break. Do some Rx and get out. I liked booze, pizza, movies. Please note the last two days of phase 1 don't even have Rx written. GO OUT and come back ready to rip the throat out of some qbanks.

In phase 2, A day, wake up and get to your qbank. Once your 8 blocks are over get the h.ell out of the house.

Alternate%20schedules.jpg

Modified Phase I for those concerned about getting it done. Hey, no prob, you just have to start a bit earlier and do the following until you know the book well enough to get through 50 pages a day. Once you gone through it twice at this pace get started on Phase II if you are 2-3 months out.

Modiefied%20Phase%20I.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Just trying to figure out if this is doable during second semester of MS2 and not fail classes?
Yea I'm looking at this now. I do not see how it's possible to do second year stuff and do 50 pages of FA with questions. I have a q: If I am doing 2nd year study, should I do Rx of that specific subject or should I still do random timed? For the first part of 2nd year, I already did questions from phys,path, and pathophys of cardio, pulm, renal, and MSS. I did tutor mode so I could study those specific subjects. Should I change this? I haven't touched the 1st year stuff in Rx

Yea I'm looking at this now. I do not see how it's possible to do second year stuff and do 50 pages of FA with questions. I have a q: If I am doing 2nd year study, should I do Rx of that specific subject or should I still do random timed? For the first part of 2nd year, I already did questions from phys,path, and pathophys of cardio, pulm, renal, and MSS. I did tutor mode so I could study those specific subjects. Should I change this? I haven't touched the 1st year stuff in Rx
Specific subject. I am not a fan of doing questions on topics you haven't learned yet. Do everything pertaining to the system you are in. For example, if you are doing cardio you should be doing qs on phys, pharm, embryo, pathophys, anatomy, etc. for the cv section. Also, i liked webpath for extra questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Specific subject. I am not a fan of doing questions on topics you haven't learned yet. Do everything pertaining to the system you are in. For example, if you are doing cardio you should be doing qs on phys, pharm, embryo, pathophys, anatomy, etc. for the cv section. Also, i liked webpath for extra questions.
This is for the 2nd year part. But when you are also board studying ( say you're in 2nd year classes but your board topic for the day is biochem) you would need to study biochem and them do random timed, right? And then study how you mentioned for systems classes

Do you have any advice for using this plan for a 6 month schedule? Such as January - June?

So wait everyone agrees that the anki deck posted above is must know stuff that should be seriously studied?

So wait everyone agrees that the anki deck posted above is must know stuff that should be seriously studied?
I'm not, and never have used Anki.

Sometime within 2-3 months pre-dedicated I recommend foregoing thorough trial-and-error with the various "popular" resources. Figure out a combination containing a comprehensive resource, one or two QBanks (invariably UWorld should be involved), and a pathology resource (RR, Pathoma, or BRS) that works for you, and commit.

It is not the resources that determines the score, it is the student. While there are probably some definite methods to passing the exam, from what I understand there is no absolute method to scoring 250+. Everyone operates differently, and how you operate is something that you must figure out on your own. Your score on the real deal will likely reflect your success during MS1/MS2, regardless of what you spend your time doing during dedicated (obviously, there are some students who are an exception to this).

In any case, try not to feel intimidated by, or overwhelmed by, the resources that other students choose to use. If you have never used Anki, why would you start using it during dedicated?

Just my thoughts; take what I say (and what everyone else says, for that matter) with a grain of salt. Good luck.

Last edited:

According to the OP, it is. But keep in mind that just knowing the decks isn't enough. The post above me makes a good point saying that you don't need ANKI to do well on the boards. But to go out and not use ANKI on purpose isn't the best idea. It's too good of a resource to ignore. It's just how one uses it that determines its effectiveness. I've used ANKI since my M1 year and will continue to use it through medical school.

I've downloaded Anki for Mac but I can't seem to get the file to download on to my computer. Would appreciate any advice!

I've downloaded Anki for Mac but I can't seem to get the file to download on to my computer. Would appreciate any advice!
You downloaded it. Did you install anki for mac? after you install the software you can open up the attached file (it should automatically open with anki)

You downloaded it. Did you install anki for mac? after you install the software you can open up the attached file (it should automatically open with anki)
Yup, installed it by dragging it into my applications folder. Maybe the link posted doesn't work anymore? When I click on it, the page doesn't load.

Members don't see this ad :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48213486/4) FA Stuff to Know Dead Cold.apkg

That right there is an anki file of the things you should know DEAD COLD. Get through it in the first month and then revise the due stuff everyday until your test date. Some/Most of it is misspelt, and I'll be making it easier to understand. I'll update this link when it's better so hold off on downloading it for a bit if you're particular about spelling. Otherwise all the facts are there.
Can you please reupload the dropbox file ?
TIA

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

1 anki deck to rule them all?
I must have it!
Anyone on this board have it saved somewhere?:xf:

I no longer have the original pictures for schedules as my old laptop containing them died. Also I have not updated by schedule or taken into account how the exam has changed. I will not be making new plans or giving advice for this. If a mod is able to close this thread that would be excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.