Mizzou c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me neither!!! And thanks and congrats to you too @Tamsin21. Sounds like they had 250 offers and 200 interview. One of the ambassadors told me they usually accept 120. So very good odds I would say. I keep rethinking my interview but I'm sure I did ok. Not sure how much it's worth overall? Based on what I'm interested in, they gave me some business cards of people to contact so I took that as a good sign. I loved the school. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Really hoping for an acceptance! Hoping for the best for everyone on SDN too!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I felt the same way after mine! Five minutes later I thought, "I should have included *blank*". I think I did alright though. I think its included in the twenty percent for "overall impression". I loved the school and now have my fiance willing to consider relocating. I can't wait for decisions, and I'm glad there are such good chances for acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me neither!!! And thanks and congrats to you too @Tamsin21. Sounds like they had 250 offers and 200 interview. One of the ambassadors told me they usually accept 120. So very good odds I would say. I keep rethinking my interview but I'm sure I did ok. Not sure how much it's worth overall? Based on what I'm interested in, they gave me some business cards of people to contact so I took that as a good sign. I loved the school. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Really hoping for an acceptance! Hoping for the best for everyone on SDN too!

At the interview they mentioned they had 240 OOS interviews, maybe some didn't show up? I really hope it's true that they accept about 120 right off the bat. I really loved it there and hope I receive an acceptance!

@turtlesnsun Yes kathy said they had invited 243. Then a student ambassador told me that 200 interviewed. The others declined after getting accepted into another school. So the ambassador said we should all have a pretty good chance getting in or on the waitlist at least!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At the interview they mentioned they had 240 OOS interviews, maybe some didn't show up? I really hope it's true that they accept about 120 right off the bat. I really loved it there and hope I receive an acceptance!

I know there were at least 3 people who didn't show up on my day. Those were people who didn't even decline their interview. Not sure if they missed because of travel issues or what

Guys, we should hear any day now! I'm literally vibrating with nervous energy! This will be the first admissions decision I have recieved, and I can't even think straight, I'm so excited and anxious.

I'm so excited!!!!! Anyone know if they are still on track to send them out early next week?

Any luck that it will be today? I can't help but be excited and hope for good news

Someone could call Kathy :) :) :)

I was going to, but I emailed her last week and I don't wanna be annoying!!
Hold off on emailing/calling Kathy, currently out of her hands (everything is done on her end)! Hope is still this week, just don't be disappointed if it ends up being next Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
Once everything is put in, does the committee still need to meet then I'm assuming? Really hoping it's before next Monday, but all we can do is be patient :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I get an anxiety attack everytime I get an email, o_O. I hope its still early this week *fingers crossed* but I will be patient. It'll happen soon, and that's enough for me.

Wish I could stop obsessively rechecking my email :nod:. I'm hoping tomorrow or Thursday?

Reactions: 3 users
Doing my best to stay patient... Anyone have any idea if they have had some issues? Just trying to see if it'll be another day or another week... I know it's ridiculous but it would sure help my anxiety level if anyone has any new information about decisions...+pity+

Doing my best to stay patient... Anyone have any idea if they have had some issues? Just trying to see if it'll be another day or another week... I know it's ridiculous but it would sure help my anxiety level if anyone has any new information about decisions...+pity+

Well last year the decisions came out on the last Friday in January. So I expect they will probably come then. Don't stress though. None of us has heard yet :)

Just a few more days guys. Think happy thoughts that we can all be future tigers together!!!

I'm so anxious! I'm glued to my email... it's bad.

Reactions: 3 users
As I said earlier, most likely by the end of the week, but not definitely. There is no major issues, this is just typical of the admissions process :)

I'm becoming so anxious!!! I just want to know already! I can't even open my email without having a mini heart attack! I really hope we have answers tomorrow!!

I think last year they found out on a Thursday... could today actually be the day?!

Last year it was a Friday I believe

I stand corrected. Let's hope today is the day!!!!!!

I'm withdrawing my application, and I still had a dream last night about Mizzou's decisions. My dream even had the special ring I set up on my phone for when I get an admissions email.

Anyway, good luck everyone, and I hope the wait isn't much longer!
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Ironically, I had a dream last night too about Mizzou admissions!!!!! The admissions director came to people, telling them their status

Ironically, I had a dream last night too about Mizzou admissions!!!!! The admissions director came to people, telling them their status

I am curious who you pictured when you thought of this "admissions director." Lol

Ok I'm going to rephrase myself.. the person in my dream deals with recruitment.. not admissions lol

Does anyone know if we will get emails in the morning or if these decisions would be more likely to be sent out in the afternoon? Hahaha I should probably stop obsessing over it since there's really nothing more I can do at this point! I just want to know!!

Does anyone know if we will get emails in the morning or if these decisions would be more likely to be sent out in the afternoon? Hahaha I should probably stop obsessing over it since there's really nothing more I can do at this point! I just want to know!!
I would guess it would be more likely to be in the afternoon just because I am sure that the office people have things they need to take care of when they get to work in the morning before they send out mass emails! But, that is just a guess.

Yes but I believe last year they got them at 8:42 am. Must resist the urge to call....

Last edited:
Yes but I believe last year they got them at 8:42 am. Must resist the urge to call....

I think I may end up calling tomorrow. I'm going crazy! And I don't work tomorrow so I'll have nothing to keep me occupied all day... how awful!

One more day... I might lose my mind if we have to wait all weekend. That would be cruel and unusual punishment :uhno:. I'm not going to call, it'll just waste more of their time that could be spent preparing decisions. But, the urge is there...:lol:

I think I may end up calling tomorrow. I'm going crazy! And I don't work tomorrow so I'll have nothing to keep me occupied all day... how awful!
I promise you they will not tell you anymore than what I have told y'all. The person you would be calling has no new information!

But one thing I will say, don't perpetually stress. Go on a run. Read a book. Do a hobby. Don't sit inside becoming a stress ball waiting for an email that may not even be going out tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users
Might have to wait until next week guys! Just a few more days :)

*Sigh* This is an emotional rollercoaster. Just keep swimming....Just keep swimming:confused:

@SummerTheLynx Knew all along :) At least we will have something to make our Monday great (hopefully). I wanna meet some future tigers out there :cat:

@SummerTheLynx Knew all along :) At least we will have something to make our Monday great (hopefully). I wanna meet some future tigers out there :cat:
They were hopeful for Friday, but it was by no means definite. It is likely Monday, but once again, it may happen on Tuesday, so don't be concerned if you haven't heard on Monday. All decisions are released at the same time.

Worse comes to worst, it's a few more days of blissful ignorance. And I work all weekend, so that should help keep my mind off it. :shrug:

On my interview day Kathy said it would definitely be by Feb 1st. So until then we will just have to wait and see!

I was just hoping to hear ASAP so I could decline an interview at another school if I get in here so they have time to invite someone else. I'm gonna feel kind of crappy doing it with less than 2 weeks till the date but oh well

Good luck out of staters! :) I applied IS and waiting on an interview letter. Getting antsy! Crazy they send out OOS acceptances before in state interviews. Is that how all vet schools work?

Hoping you all get good news!

I'm sure it's a mad rush right now with schools releasing decisions. I'll be making my final decision once I hear back from my IS mid February, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.

Good luck out of staters! :) I applied IS and waiting on an interview letter. Getting antsy! Crazy they send out OOS acceptances before in state interviews. Is that how all vet schools work?
No, some do IS interviews first, or do all interviews on one day, or don't do interviews at all. Each school does things a bit differently!

On my interview day Kathy said it would definitely be by Feb 1st. So until then we will just have to wait and see!

I was just hoping to hear ASAP so I could decline an interview at another school if I get in here so they have time to invite someone else. I'm gonna feel kind of crappy doing it with less than 2 weeks till the date but oh well

On the same boat! Waiting to decline my IS interview to hopefully come here!