Mississippi State 2021 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I contacted Missy as soon as I got an email saying I was an alternate. She said I was 2nd on the alternate list. They haven't called me yet though for an open spot. How many other schools are still doing interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted Missy as soon as I got an email saying I was an alternate. She said I was 2nd on the alternate list. They haven't called me yet though for an open spot. How many other schools are still doing interviews?
Second or second quartile? Plus there's still a month and a half until the deadline, they might not be calling alternates for a while

Second or second quartile? Plus there's still a month and a half until the deadline, they might not be calling alternates for a while

She said "2nd on the alternate list." Email said they'd call as soon as they had spots open but I'm sure you're right. I just hope it'll be sooner rather than later so I can find a place.

Members don't see this ad :)
She said "2nd on the alternate list." Email said they'd call as soon as they had spots open but I'm sure you're right. I just hope it'll be sooner rather than later so I can find a place.
Oh cool! Maybe they tell the first couple people their actual spot. There's definitely still schools where people haven't even received decisions yet, so who knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything on wait list movement or is Mississippi one of the schools that won't start pulling until the 17th deadline?

Anyone hear anything on wait list movement or is Mississippi one of the schools that won't start pulling until the 17th deadline?
Well looks like @Meo1991 is second on the list (not sure IS or OOS), so if they're still active on SDN they'll probably be our first notice of when they start calling people! I don't think Mississippi is set on not pulling anyone until after the date, but I doubt many will be called before the deadline

Well looks like @Meo1991 is second on the list (not sure IS or OOS), so if they're still active on SDN they'll probably be our first notice of when they start calling people! I don't think Mississippi is set on not pulling anyone until after the date, but I doubt many will be called before the deadline

Sorry for the late reply! I don't get on here often. I am IS. I haven't heard anything as of 4/16/17. I imagine I'll hear something tomorrow or sometime this week hopefully.

I'll post on here if I get called and let you know.

I will be declining my seat at Mississippi. I hope I'm able to help someone out! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I will be declining my seat at Mississippi. I hope I'm able to help someone out! :)

Good luck to you! You're the second person on this thread to mention declining the seat. Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow. Surely the office will be open on the day after Easter?

Good luck to you! You're the second person on this thread to mention declining the seat. Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow. Surely the office will be open on the day after Easter?

Thank you!
I'm certain they are open! To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if they began to call on Tuesday only because deadline is Monday at 5pm.

Thank you!
I'm certain they are open! To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if they began to call on Tuesday only because deadline is Monday at 5pm.

That's what I'm expecting. Unless they start calling as people call in and decline, which I doubt they'll do as that would just be chaotic lol

That's what I'm expecting. Unless they start calling as people call in and decline, which I doubt they'll do as that would just be chaotic lol

Mrs. Hadaway called me at around 5 this evening. I'm in! In State, 2nd alternate.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! And thanks for letting us know they've started calling people :D

Thanks!!! No problem! Sorry it wasn't sooner. My phone has been blowing up. Get prepared lol good luck to y'all!!! Don't lose hope! It can happen! This was my third year applying, third interview. Even if it doesn't happen this year, keep improving, keep trying. They LOVE perseverance! I went back to school to fix my grades. Almost done with my masters (in May). Do what it takes! You've got this!!

Reactions: 3 users
Mrs. Hadaway called me at around 5 this evening. I'm in! In State, 2nd alternate.

Did she happen to mention how long you have to make the decision? Like, once you're called upon how long do you have to decide before they call the next person up?

Does anyone know how many people are in each quartile? I'm in the first quartile and I'm trying to figure out if there's a chance I'll get a phone call that's it's a yes or if there's potentially 30 other people in front of me.

Does anyone know how many people are in each quartile? I'm in the first quartile and I'm trying to figure out if there's a chance I'll get a phone call that's it's a yes or if there's potentially 30 other people in front of me.
No idea how many people are in each (I'd love to know this too), but they told me they usually get through the third and sometimes into the fourth. Not sure how long it takes to get through them though.

Last edited:
Did she happen to mention how long you have to make the decision? Like, once you're called upon how long do you have to decide before they call the next person up?

She didn't say, she just asked if I was interested in taking the spot and I told her I accept the position.

Have any out of state people been called off the waitlist yet?

I don't know about the OOS list but I know at least 1-2 have been called off the WV contract list...so things are moving at least. That happened Monday or yesterday though. So no idea if they are doing calls daily or in batches every few days.

Okay just kidding I just got the call from Missy and I've been pulled off the waitlist as an out of state! So get ready for phone calls guys!!

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker but I just wanted to update ya'll on waitlist movement/ let you the process-- OOS first quartile accepted a few hours ago via phone call today (4/19/17). I declined (you're given a day to reply) Good luck everyone!

Okay just kidding I just got the call from Missy and I've been pulled off the waitlist as an out of state! So get ready for phone calls guys!!

I take it you was in the first quartile?

Hi, another lurker here! I just got a phone call from Missy saying I received an IS seat (I was 4th quartile waitlist)! I was wondering if anyone knew when they send you the official information (contract, etc)? Missy mentioned something about sending a contract, but in all the excitement I forgot what she said.

WV contract slots are all taken up :( I think the rest of us will be moved to the OOS queue but I'm not too sure how it works.

Wow, this is going super fast. I'm assuming IS and contract were a lot smaller waitlists than OOS, but I was still expecting it to take a while. (Still hoping they go through 3rd quartile on OOS like Kathy expected)

Wow, this is going super fast. I'm assuming IS and contract were a lot smaller waitlists than OOS, but I was still expecting it to take a while. (Still hoping they go through 3rd quartile on OOS like Kathy expected)

WV contract had <20 on the alternate list. Out of the 7 slots only 2 declined so only 2 ended up being pulled.

Will they offer remaining IS slots to OOS is they don't get filled or will they call rejected IS first?

WV contract had <20 on the alternate list. Out of the 7 slots only 2 declined so only 2 ended up being pulled.

Will they offer remaining IS slots to OOS is they don't get filled or will they call rejected IS first?
Hmm, honestly I never thought about that. Idk what the protocol would be if they get through one whole waitlist

Just got called off the OOS waitlist!! 3rd quartile

Just got called off the OOS waitlist!! 3rd quartile

Congratulations! I found out today I'm number 5 on the WV contract list...now I just need a couple people to get into other schools and tell them they aren't going anymore so I can get their spot :p

Was surprised to be receiving contact from them on a Sunday though. Seems like they are burning through their alternate lists pretty fast too.

Congratulations! I found out today I'm number 5 on the WV contract list...now I just need a couple people to get into other schools and tell them they aren't going anymore so I can get their spot :p

Was surprised to be receiving contact from them on a Sunday though. Seems like they are burning through their alternate lists pretty fast too.
Thanks! Yeah I definitely wasn't expecting anything from Mississippi of all places to call me on a Sunday. 90% of everything is closed today down here. Maybe they're burn through both their waitlists and use the contract lists next? Like I said I'd be interested to see if they went to the other waitlists first or the respective denied lists.

Or it might be more likely 3 people get pulled off other lists and move away from State. Who knows!

I just got called off the OOS waitlist! Third quartile as well!

Does anyone know if there are apartment complexes that vet students are more likely to stay at? I want to start looking for a place to live, and while I want to live in an individual apartment, it'd be nice to live in a complex where my classmates would be living too. Also I'm guessing they'd be more likely to live in pet friendly places.

Does anyone know if there are apartment complexes that vet students are more likely to stay at? I want to start looking for a place to live, and while I want to live in an individual apartment, it'd be nice to live in a complex where my classmates would be living too. Also I'm guessing they'd be more likely to live in pet friendly places.

I went yesterday to Starkville and looked at a few places. If you want a quiet place, stay away from the "Cotton District." It's close to main campus at MSU and a lot of the units/houses are very close together. Sort of the party zone. Personally I want something quiet. I checked out Little London apartments yesterday and they were nice. I am pretty sure that's where I'm going to live. I'm living by myself and will have my chihuahua. Not bad prices there too. I've heard good things about Sherwood apartments too. The Block is kinda... Ridiculous. The girl that works there was just doing her job but all I wanted to know were prices but she had to drag it out and show me every single room in the model apartment they had. It was annoying. They were on the expensive side. I've seen bad reviews from The Polos Apartments and Townhouses. Look up Crabtree Properties, they have good prices from what I hear and they're easy to work with. I am working with Overstreet Properties and they've been good. I didn't contact Crabtree because I just talked to a friend who used to live in Starkville today and she told me today that she used Crabtree. Otherwise I would have gone to see what they had yesterday too.

Sherwood and Little London are really close to the Wise Center too.

Last edited:
I went yesterday to Starkville and looked at a few places. If you want a quiet place, stay away from the "Cotton District." It's close to main campus at MSU and a lot of the units/houses are very close together. Sort of the party zone. Personally I want something quiet. I checked out Little London apartments yesterday and they were nice. I am pretty sure that's where I'm going to live. I'm living by myself and will have my chihuahua. Not bad prices there too. I've heard good things about Sherwood apartments too. The Block is kinda... Ridiculous. The girl that works there was just doing her job but all I wanted to know were prices but she had to drag it out and show me every single room in the model apartment they had. It was annoying. They were on the expensive side. I've seen bad reviews from The Polos Apartments and Townhouses. Look up Crabtree Properties, they have good prices from what I hear and they're easy to work with. I am working with Overstreet Properties and they've been good. I didn't contact Crabtree because I just talked to a friend who used to live in Starkville today and she told me today that she used Crabtree. Otherwise I would have gone to see what they had yesterday too.
Thank you for all this info! That's really good to know

Thank you for all this info! That's really good to know

No problem! It's so hard to know which place is good when you're not there. I'm glad I went to visit. It's not a bad drive from where I'm at so I was able to just make it an afternoon trip.

No problem! It's so hard to know which place is good when you're not there. I'm glad I went to visit. It's not a bad drive from where I'm at so I was able to just make it an afternoon trip.
Yeah it's not too crazy of a drive for me either (not wonderful, but doable in a day), but I figured I'd at least narrow it down to a few places before I went up. And probably wait until my mom can go with me as well, so we can share the drive time.

Did you look into Aspen heights at all? It's 2+ bedrooms only, but looks pretty awesome, and not awful pricing, plus super close to the school

Did you look into Aspen heights at all? It's 2+ bedrooms only, but looks pretty awesome, and not awful pricing, plus super close to the school

I haven't looked at that one? Haven't heard anything about it, good or bad.

Is there a Facebook page for our upcoming class we can join? I'm trying to find a place to live next year and I want to make sure I pick a good place.

Is there a Facebook page for our upcoming class we can join? I'm trying to find a place to live next year and I want to make sure I pick a good place.

Yes! I think I can add you! Friend me on Facebook Marguerite O'Brien. I can add you to the group

Yes! I think I can add you! Friend me on Facebook Marguerite O'Brien. I can add you to the group

I added you! :clap: So excited to get to know everyone!

Do you think you can add me to the Facebook group too?? I can't wait to meet everyone in this year's class!!

Do you think you can add me to the Facebook group too?? I can't wait to meet everyone in this year's class!!
You can add me as Maria Vercelli and I can add you in. The group is called MSU-CVM Class of 2021 if you haven't requested it. I'm not sure what the setting are on this group, if I can see if people requested to join or if I can only add friends.

Edit: Looks like I can add requests to the group if you just want to do that. Whichever is easier

Got accepted into Mississippi state last week! Declined my seat since I'm attending my IS! Good luck to all still waiting :)