Mississippi State 2021 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email with my interview time!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received interview time a couple days ago. Interview is on Monday, glad to be getting it over with lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS and I've gotten my interview time but no word from my mentor yet. Interviewing Tuesday so hopefully will be hearing soon

IS and I've gotten my interview time but no word from my mentor yet. Interviewing Tuesday so hopefully will be hearing soon

Mine e-mailed me the same day that they sent out interview times :( Maybe check your spam folder?

I've got nothing :/

All the WV residents are being interviewed on the 30th and it seems like IS are being interviewed on the 31st and some other days. Maybe your interview is just on the 6-8 of FEB so they haven't sent it out yet.

Mine e-mailed me the same day that they sent out interview times :( Maybe check your spam folder?

All the WV residents are being interviewed on the 30th and it seems like IS are being interviewed on the 31st and some other days. Maybe your interview is just on the 6-8 of FEB so they haven't sent it out yet.
Ohh, I didn't know that there was such a big difference between the interview days. Yeah, mine is the 7th, good to know!

Is the pizza social also in the wise auditorium?

Is anyone staying in microtel?

Is the pizza social also in the wise auditorium?
The pizza party is at the Wise Center in the foyer. You will enter through the back of the building.

I am an OOS and got an email yesterday from my mentor. She said that we will get our interview times the night of the pizza party.

Well I guess she meant if you didn't get an email before hand with the interview time they will give it to your the night before. I received an email with my interview time a few hours ago!
Oh, makes sense, especially since I got mine just recently too! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
When I went to the pizza party this last Sunday a lot of people found that their interview times were changed so make sure you look at the list to double check.

Finally heard from my mentor! Missy told me that if I didn't hear from them this afternoon to contact her, so if anyone hasn't heard from theirs I'd suggest doing so.

Good luck everyone! I'm sure I've seen some of you waiting for your interviews as I've walked passed. :) I'm not involved with the mentoring program this year, so I can't really help you much there. This is probably a late reply, but from what I remember past years, mentor assignments all go out on the same day. The mentors are supposed to email their mentees soon after that. Becoming a mentor is a voluntary activity, so those students are all eager to help you all out. Usually they are first and second year students, but there will occasionally be some third and fourth year mentors.

I didn't receive a call today but I know a fellow WV contract person did (they got accepted). I wonder if they only called the people accepted today or if they are going down some sort of list :C We all interviewed the same day (Jan 30) so who knows.

I didn't receive a call today but I know a fellow WV contract person did (they got accepted). I wonder if they only called the people accepted today or if they are going down some sort of list :C We all interviewed the same day (Jan 30) so who knows.
They did tell us they had until March 1st, and I doubt they're going to call 100 people in a day. It may be people who are very high up on their list, so the interview was basically a formality?
Also my mentor got called the day after her interview. She made it sound like it wasn't the norm, I'm guessing (and hoping) it varies.

Congrats @Beachbaby22! And looking at last years thread it seems like they call based on internal rating and that they called over a 3 day period. Not sure if that is the same this year!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
They did tell us they had until March 1st, and I doubt they're going to call 100 people in a day. It may be people who are very high up on their list, so the interview was basically a formality?
Also my mentor got called the day after her interview. She made it sound like it wasn't the norm, I'm guessing (and hoping) it varies.

Yea, my mentor said she interviewed on a Monday and then got her call on Friday that week. But I've talked to several people across different classes and it varies. Sometimes it's the same week, sometimes its the next. I'd still hate waiting until March 1st when they've already started calling :\ If you get in you get in but I'd hate to know they waited that long to call. Would make me feel like a last ditch hand out lol

Congrats @Beachbaby22! And looking at last years thread it seems like they call based on internal rating and that they called over a 3 day period. Not sure if that is the same this year!

That makes sense. Hoping that's the case.

Ahh I'm gonna be anxious the next few days. Would they even call people on Saturday? Or was this the second day? o_O

Edit: I'm an idiot, there were interviews yesterday. I have no idea what day it is anymore

Last edited:
Ahh I'm gonna be anxious the next few days. Would they even call people on Saturday? Or was this the second day? o_O

Edit: I'm an idiot, there were interviews yesterday. I have no idea what day it is anymore
I know I am already anxious! I am not sure if they will call on Saturday, guess we will have to wait and see. :nailbiting:

I GOT IN!!! :soexcited:
Received a call from Missy half an hour ago. OOS, interviewed on the 8th

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't heard anything yet.... OOS interviewed Feb 1st

I got in! Had a phone message waiting for me. Interviewed on Feb 8, OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted OOS! Called by Missy a little after noon CT. I interviewed on 2/1.

Received the news that I'm an alternate via e-mail :\

Got the email... denied. These admissions formulas are crazy for each school

Has anyone heard anything about wait list placement? The e-mail I received informing me of being an alternate said to e-mail Missy and she would give you your approximate position on the list. I sent the e-mail out Friday night after business hours and I've yet to get anything back. She's most likely drowning in work but she's usually rather quick with returning e-mails.

Has anyone heard anything about wait list placement? The e-mail I received informing me of being an alternate said to e-mail Missy and she would give you your approximate position on the list. I sent the e-mail out Friday night after business hours and I've yet to get anything back. She's most likely drowning in work but she's usually rather quick with returning e-mails.
I called her and she told me... I bet she is swamped with work. They don't give you a number, they tell you which quartile you are in.

I called her and she told me... I bet she is swamped with work. They don't give you a number, they tell you which quartile you are in.

Did she seem annoyed with the call? I know she said don't call asking about decisions until March 1st if you haven't heard from her. Considering I got an e-mail I would assume it's fair game to ask questions, just wanted to stick to e-mail since that's what the e-mail said to do.

Quartile is enough for me. Only competing with the WV resident pool so only about ~20 of us are alternates.

Did she seem annoyed with the call? I know she said don't call asking about decisions until March 1st if you haven't heard from her. Considering I got an e-mail I would assume it's fair game to ask questions, just wanted to stick to e-mail since that's what the e-mail said to do.

Quartile is enough for me. Only competing with the WV resident pool so only about ~20 of us are alternates.
She didn't seem annoyed. When I called admissions, an assistant picked up, who got my name and phone number and called me back an hour later to tell me. I didn't speak to Mrs. Hadaway directly.

WV contracts tend to move a lot, so I'd say you have a good shot.

I sent an email to Missy and received a response within 45 mins.

WV contracts tend to move a lot, so I'd say you have a good shot.

Yea, that's why I was wanting to know my spot. From talking to people at school it seems at least 5 out of the 7 people that got in are going to be turning down their spots.

I sent an email to Missy and received a response within 45 mins.

I wonder if my e-mail got buried and overlooked since I sent it so soon.

Yea, that's why I was wanting to know my spot. From talking to people at school it seems at least 5 out of the 7 people that got in are going to be turning down their spots.

I wonder if my e-mail got buried and overlooked since I sent it so soon.

Good luck! Did you apply to VA too?

3rd for me. Just asked Missy how far they usually go down the waitlist as well

3rd for me. Just asked Missy how far they usually go down the waitlist as well

It's all confusing to me. I'm talking to a current student and according to them pretty much everyone from the WV list always gets in because so many people decline. At the same time, they also said that not everyone that interviewed got put on the list. Which seems odd to be because I thought everyone that was interviewed was either accepted or put on the alternate list. I didn't think people actually got rejected.

I personally love Mississippi but for some reason I keep getting the vibe that people generally decline it if they get into a different school. Seems crazy to me because the 2+2 is so attractive. Which maybe starting so early turns people away..who knows.

Missy said they usually go through the third quartile and maybe into the fourth, so there's still hope!

Yeah I really like 2+2. The only one I like better is Illinois's who does ~7 quarters of clinicals, but they spread them out throughout your whole 4 years, so you start getting clinical experience your first year!

Last edited:
I will be declining my OOS seat to attend my IS school (TAMU). Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users