Missing prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

namushkee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to opt school with more than five missing prereqs (but assuming you'll finish them before optometry school starts)?
I plan on applying this fall for next year but I still have about 5 classes left to take. I'll be on a quarter system so I'm 1000% sure I'll have it done before spring of next year...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely apply with missing classes as long as you are planning on finishing them successfully. The only down side is that you might be missing some material for the OAT. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I had 5 and was accepted to two schools this past application cycle and waitlisted at another (After being interviewed). I only applied to those 3. I'm finishing my last one this summer

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I had 5 and was accepted to two schools this past application cycle and waitlisted at another (After being interviewed). I only applied to those 3. I'm finishing my last one this summer

Wow congrats! If you don't mind, could you tell me your stats and where you applied?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

300 OAT and ~3.5 post bacc science GPA. A LOT of experience working in the field