Technology Minimum grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imp22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just received my grade in Intro to Bio 2. I got a C-. The first semester (Bio1) I received an A- in Lecture and a B in Lab. This time my Lab grade is probably going to be an A- but the Lecture went way down. How bad is this C-?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I just received my grade in Intro to Bio 2. I got a C-. The first semester (Bio1) I received an A- in Lecture and a B in Lab. This time my Lab grade is probably going to be an A- but the Lecture went way down. How bad is this C-?

This is probably in the wrong section, but it depends on which schools you are looking at. Most of the mid-tier schools require a "B" minimum (3.0) for each class, not to mention a cumulative GPA for science and non-science (usually a 3.0-3.5 each). This expectation only increases as the prestige of the school increases. Perhaps you could give me an idea of what schools you are looking at. Having a C- on the transcript is definitely an eyebrow raising grade, if not a filter through the pre-screenings. Some schools will allow retakes, but some schools will also not recalculate your GPA. It depends on the school specific requirements.

Edit: Side note, are these truly introductory courses (below 100 level) or is that just the class name? If the course is below 100 level, then the Medical Schools will likely not even consider it for credit.

That is horrible.
It's basically impossible to get, unless you intentionally try to get it.