military ID- army hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingmybest123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten the scroll back and have commissioned, do I get a military email or ID?

how can i get that $10 microsoft office discount?

Members don't see this ad.

Use this link to find the closest ID card office:

https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl

If that doesn't work Google DEERS RAPIDS site locator. You can make an ID appointment online but call them right after to make sure your are showing up in the system. If not they may be able to enter you manually or you may have to wait a little while but that's something the ID card office can explain.

I think you need a military email to get the Microsoft HUP so you have some steps to go through first to get that set up.

If you buy a cheap CAC/PIV reader on Amazon you should be able to get access to military sites from home once you have your ID card with the certificates set up.

Use this link to find the closest ID card office:

https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl

If that doesn't work Google DEERS RAPIDS site locator. You can make an ID appointment online but call them right after to make sure your are showing up in the system. If not they may be able to enter you manually or you may have to wait a little while but that's something the ID card office can explain.

I think you need a military email to get the Microsoft HUP so you have some steps to go through first to get that set up.

If you buy a cheap CAC/PIV reader on Amazon you should be able to get access to military sites from home once you have your ID card with the certificates set up.
Make sure they set you up with a CAC card and not a green reserve ID. You may have to call the MODS office and/or HRC to get it updated in the system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we obligated to get IDs from a base at the same branch we commission into? I commissioned Army but I live close to a Marine base, could I get an ID from there?

i now have an ako account, would i get a military email from there?

also, do i need to have bolc orders to get a CAC card or can i just get one after getting commissioned?

Hey All,

I just got my commissioning for Army done. I'm starting my first year of medical school in 20 days.

Any advice, hints, tips or things I should be doing next? (I just looked up a RAPIDS office).

Things you wish you knew years in advance of applying for the military residency?

Hey All,

I just got my commissioning for Army done. I'm starting my first year of medical school in 20 days.

Any advice, hints, tips or things I should be doing next? (I just looked up a RAPIDS office).

Things you wish you knew years in advance of applying for the military residency?

Are you on the HPSP Facebook page? Thousands of current or former HPSP students who are pretty much there to answer questions. It is invite only so send me PM if you want to get in.