Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I am somewhat in the same boat. I took a year off after only interviewing at LMU and Midwestern but not getting accepted. I reapplied this year and did not even get an interview sadly.
I am looking into different masters programs now. Which med-science programs have you found?

I looked into a 1 year M.S. in medical science at Boston University (I live in MA) and just got an e-mail yesterday that unfortunately i was denied admission to MWU, but they offered to wave the application fee for their 9 month biomedical science M.A. I'm weighing my options. I'm going to focus on retaking my GRE and go from there I may put off doing a Masters until next year and applied to only 2 schools expecting worse case senario of not getting accepted so I don't have a gap in my years of applying and then go from there. I really want to take 2 months to study italian in italy as that is another passion of mine. I'm slowly accepting that my road to vet school will be much bumpier than planned.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They've had 109 people deposit. Alternates can still be called until the first week of class.
Did you ask if anyone had been called off the alternate list yet?

Did you ask if anyone had been called off the alternate list yet?
I did not. The only information she gave me was that 109 people had paid deposits. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong page, but the CVM class of 2021 facebook page only has 84 members? Not sure if that means anything but ya know, I'll look for any hope at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong page, but the CVM class of 2021 facebook page only has 84 members? Not sure if that means anything but ya know, I'll look for any hope at this point.
And some of the people who've joined the page are current students and non-students. I'm remaining hopeful for us! But cautiously so. Lol

And some of the people who've joined the page are current students and non-students. I'm remaining hopeful for us! But cautiously so. Lol

Was the number higher previously?

For those of you who declined your seat, did you receive an e-mail back? Or confirmation that your e-mail/notice was received?

I did not get any response.. I just hit the button on the portal to withdraw my app..

But it looks like I will be seeing you in the fall!
Oh! Just checked my portal and everything's been changed. Wasn't sure how to decline so I e-mailed admissions instead. Thanks for the reply! And also, yes! So exciteddd!

For those of you who declined your seat, did you receive an e-mail back? Or confirmation that your e-mail/notice was received?
I didn't get a response, either. And I emailed them with the reason for declining and thanking them and heard nothing back. When I checked my portal my acceptance was gone, so I knew they received my declination. It would have been nice to have received an email back, but I assume that either they are busy or that they just don't do that.

I did not get any response.. I just hit the button on the portal to withdraw my app..

But it looks like I will be seeing you in the fall!

Oh! Just checked my portal and everything's been changed. Wasn't sure how to decline so I e-mailed admissions instead. Thanks for the reply! And also, yes! So exciteddd!

I didn't get a response, either. And I emailed them with the reason for declining and thanking them and heard nothing back. When I checked my portal my acceptance was gone, so I knew they received my declination. It would have been nice to have received an email back, but I assume that either they are busy or that they just don't do that.

I wish they would call some of us lol. I seriously think there has been no movement of the alternate list yet this year :(

I wish they would call some of us lol. I seriously think there has been no movement of the alternate list yet this year :(
I think you're right and it's so disappointing.

I am surprised. I know A LOTTTTTT of people who have declined Midwestern for other schools. TONS of people. I'm really surprised that you guys haven't heard anything. Maybe something is going on and they are just busy and waiting until May or something. I'm thinking good thoughts for you all :).

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am surprised. I know A LOTTTTTT of people who have declined Midwestern for other schools. TONS of people. I'm really surprised that you guys haven't heard anything. Maybe something is going on and they are just busy and waiting until May or something. I'm thinking good thoughts for you all :).
Thank you for the words of encouragement. We are all hoping that is the issue as well. Please keep sending good vibes our way :)
I think you're right and it's so disappointing.
This is one time I don't want to be right, dang it! Hahahahaha

Thank you for the words of encouragement. We are all hoping that is the issue as well. Please keep sending good vibes our way :)

This is one time I don't want to be right, dang it! Hahahahaha
I'm going to hope I am right and keep sending my good thoughts for you :cat:.

We're all rooting for you!! Hang in there! I bet there's just a delay for some reason.

I hope that's the case! I seems like with everyone that has called or e-mailed we've all gotten pretty vague answers. I wish they would just tell us something. Like we're deliberating etc...

Do you know if they declined after the deadline and had paid their deposit or before April 17th?

I hope that's the case! I seems like with everyone that has called or e-mailed we've all gotten pretty vague answers. I wish they would just tell us something. Like we're deliberating etc...

Do you know if they declined after the deadline and had paid their deposit or before April 17th?
All before the deadline and no deposit as they all were accepted to schools higher on their list :). And, if anyone didn't decline by the deadline, I believe the offer would have been revoked. Perhaps Midwestern over-accepted applicants, but I am hoping this is not the case. There have got to be some offers coming!!!! :cat:

Reactions: 4 users
All of you who are keeping our spirits up are amazing! I hope you know how much I appreciate it! :):):biglove:

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe this week will be our week guys?

Reactions: 4 users
I know you've been waiting on Midwestern for awhile now so great job!!!

Congratulations!!!!

REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, I WOULD LIKE YOUR GOOD KARMA TO SPREAD TO ME PLEASE HAHA
FOR TWO PLEASE hahahaha BUT HOW EXCITING!! :clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats!!!!
Thank you

REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, I WOULD LIKE YOUR GOOD KARMA TO SPREAD TO ME PLEASE HAHA
I am sending my good karma your way girl!!

I know you've been waiting on Midwestern for awhile now so great job!!!
Thanks so much!!

YAY! I've been rooting for you for so long! I'm so happy for you!
Awwww, thanks @Coopah! I really appreciate that! I was beginning to give up hope!!
FOR TWO PLEASE hahahaha BUT HOW EXCITING!! :clap::clap::clap::soexcited::soexcited:

Ok so I'm sending my good karma for everyone still waiting to hear!! Don't give up y'all!!! I'll be here to cheer you on too!! :D

Does anyone know the situation for on-campus housing?
I put in an application a couple weeks ago (for every studio and 2/2 apartment) and was immediately put on the waitlist.

I'm looking for different options of course, but I really don't want to forfeit my $300 because they offer something late July or early August when I've already arranged other plans...but also the on-campus options are literally right there and significantly cheaper than the off-campus options across the street...

You were BOTH right!! I got a call at 9:15 and was offered a seat!!! I ACCEPTED!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
I also got a call yesterday and was offered a seat! I accepted too ! so excited to meet everyone in our class!

Reactions: 5 users
I also got a call yesterday and was offered a seat! I accepted too ! so excited to meet everyone in our class!
Congrats!! Hopefully they will call some more alternates soon! What day do you have to pay your deposit by?

Congrats!! Hopefully they will call some more alternates soon! What day do you have to pay your deposit by?
They gave me till 5/9 to pay the deposit. And hopefully more alternatives get called !

Does anyone know the situation for on-campus housing?
I put in an application a couple weeks ago (for every studio and 2/2 apartment) and was immediately put on the waitlist.

I'm looking for different options of course, but I really don't want to forfeit my $300 because they offer something late July or early August when I've already arranged other plans...but also the on-campus options are literally right there and significantly cheaper than the off-campus options across the street...

From what I've heard from current students its pretty hard to get on campus housing. Theres about 4,000 students and only enough housing for 300.

The area midwestern is in is a bit more pricey but if your willing to go a bit farther theres some really cheap places that are still nice.

Also if your on the class of 2021 facebook page theres been a bunch of people looking for roommates that already have an aparment/house.

Another week is almost here! I'm still rooting for us! :joyful::joyful:

congratulations!! i'm so happy for you! i know you've been waiting for this :)
Awwww thanks @saff1991! I look forward to meeting you in the fall! :)

Another week is almost here! I'm still rooting for us! :joyful::joyful:
They gave me until 5/9 (Monday) to pay my deposit, so maybe they will start calling y'all on Tuesday!! Fingers crossed!! :xf:

does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the upcoming class? trying to look for some roommates

Here you go--->

C/O 2021 facebook page: Log into Facebook | Facebook

midwestern cvm facebook page: Log into Facebook | Facebook

midwestern university page: Midwestern University, Glendale AZ

Use your Facebook page to get to know your classmates, find roommates, and share information! It's a great tool to utilize! If you have any questions, feel free to fb message me, Im happy to help! :)

does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the upcoming class? trying to look for some roommates

See the quoted post above for the c/o 2021 Facebook page. @cheddar87 posted the links on page 10 of this thread for us. You can get to the pages from this post. :)