Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on your acceptance,
my portal has the pre accepted reqs so I guess I'm waitlisted.

Thank you! Hang in there! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Since they are holding May interviews does that mean they don't plan to pull from the waitlist? Are May interviews common for Midwestern?

Members don't see this ad :)
Giving up my spot, got in to an MD school!

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks MCAT1007, Good luck to you and your future endeavors! Hope that seat comes my way now lol. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 users
Where do we send our transcripts? Is there a form that's supposed to go with it?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I searched the last few years threads and didn't find anything. I also haven't gotten any sort of instructional email to my midwestern email address, and I can't find any information in the portal, aside from a few red marks in the "required transcripts" section.

Where do we send our transcripts? Is there a form that's supposed to go with it?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I searched the last few years threads and didn't find anything. I also haven't gotten any sort of instructional email to my midwestern email address, and I can't find any information in the portal, aside from a few red marks in the "required transcripts" section.
You send transcripts to the office of admissions! My undergrad registrar sent it right over without any form.

Did anyone this cycle get accepted here with high science gpa stats (3.7-3.8), but a lower mcat? In the range of 504-506? I'm trying to gage where I'll fall in this upcoming cycle and real interested in ccom as well as a few other d.o. schools I've been actively learning about. Any advice would be awesome, thanks a lot.

Did anyone this cycle get accepted here with high science gpa stats (3.7-3.8), but a lower mcat? In the range of 504-506? I'm trying to gage where I'll fall in this upcoming cycle and real interested in ccom as well as a few other d.o. schools I've been actively learning about. Any advice would be awesome, thanks a lot.
Yes I was accepted with a 506.

Accepted with a lower gpa than that and a 504.

Yes! 3.73 cGPA 503 MCAT (research + passionate PS)

Members don't see this ad :)
what is waitlist movement typically like at this school? and has anyone been accepted off of it yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you all get any sort of introduction or instructional email to your CCOM email address? It says:
Please check your Midwestern University email for a Welcome Letter from Dr. Dowmbrowski.
But I haven't been contacted by anyone. Sorry for the paranoia, just wanted to make sure I'm not skipping any steps besides what's in the portal checklist.

Did you all get any sort of introduction or instructional email to your CCOM email address? It says:

But I haven't been contacted by anyone. Sorry for the paranoia, just wanted to make sure I'm not skipping any steps besides what's in the portal checklist.

I didn't get an email but when you sign into the portal there should be "resources" and underneath it there's MWU Gmail. Also did you get the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?

I didn't get an email but when you sign into the portal there should be "resources" and underneath it there's MWU Gmail. Also did you get the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
Yeah I have my MWU Gmail set up, I just haven't gotten any acceptance related emails to that account. Only emails have been about the fitness center. And nope, still waiting on that. You?

I got it like a week or 2 after my acceptance. You can find everything you need to complete on the portal. Immunizations, titers, student health status form, etc.

For anyone recently accepted and looking for roommates I would love to connect with all of you! Please hunt down the CCOM fb page for the class of 2021 and take a look at the postings for roommates. It is private so you will have to be accepted. Congratulations to all of you!

Has anyone heard back this week? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard a peep, its been about a month. I was hoping with the AMCAS deadline for MDs last week there would be some spots... I'm accepted at NYITCOM and put down a deposit but they want FULL tuition payment on june 1st! Is that normal? As a Chicagoan I'm still holding a candle for Midwestern, but i'm running out of time. If I take out the loans for NYITCOM can I cancel them if pulled off the waitlist at Midwestern?

Has anyone heard back this week? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard a peep, its been about a month. I was hoping with the AMCAS deadline for MDs last week there would be some spots... I'm accepted at NYITCOM and put down a deposit but they want FULL tuition payment on june 1st! Is that normal? As a Chicagoan I'm still holding a candle for Midwestern, but i'm running out of time. If I take out the loans for NYITCOM can I cancel them if pulled off the waitlist at Midwestern?

There's a ton of movement right now, I was just accepted off two waitlists, one yesterday, one today. Also I'm giving up my acceptance at MWU Chicago for KCU Joplin! Hopefully it will go to you :)

Has anyone heard back this week? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard a peep, its been about a month.

CCOM doesn't really start waitlist movement until late May. The previous year's threads show movement usually in the last couple weeks, so maybe we'll hear some movement starting next week?

There's a ton of movement right now, I was just accepted off two waitlists, one yesterday, one today. Also I'm giving up my acceptance at MWU Chicago for KCU Joplin! Hopefully it will go to you :)

What made you decide on KCU if you don't mind me asking? I'm deciding between there and ccom if I get off the waitlist and was leaning toward ccom.

What made you decide on KCU if you don't mind me asking? I'm deciding between there and ccom if I get off the waitlist and was leaning toward ccom.

I pm'd a pretty extensive list of reasons to another student with the same problem. I can post that here but its extremely lengthy! If there is more interest I'll post public, but for now I'll pm you.

Immunizations are finally complete! Feels good to not have to worry about it. Just a bit over 2 more months guys...starting to feel somewhat real!

Reactions: 2 users
Immunizations are finally complete! Feels good to not have to worry about it. Just a bit over 2 more months guys...starting to feel somewhat real!
Yep, after six tubes of blood I'm almost done too! I've been waiting so long for this, I just want to put in my two weeks notice and start classes already!

First lesson of medical school. Risk factors for heart attack include: opening financial award letter.

First lesson of medical school. Risk factors for heart attack include: opening financial award letter.

I haven't received mine yet but I am kind of dreading opening it!

You got yours already?
Yep! And I actually just signed my MPN about a week ago. But I'm happy it came early because I need it to secure an apartment.

Yep! And I actually just signed my MPN about a week ago. But I'm happy it came early because I need it to secure an apartment.
Did you open it online or was it mailed to you?

hey guys how do i send my transcripts from my college to CCOM?

When did you complete everything? You're starting in the fall correct?

I haven't received mine either and I completed all the financial aid stuff in December. I think it just depends on who is putting your package together.

hey guys how do i send my transcripts from my college to CCOM?

Do it the same as when you sent them to AACOMAS just pick Midwestern University (IL) instead.

When did you complete everything? You're starting in the fall correct?
I submitted my FAFSA and signed my MPNs on May 15th. And yep, starting in the fall. Nothing in the mail, but I got an email notification from Midwestern and my award letter showed up in the portal this morning.
I haven't received mine either and I completed all the financial aid stuff in December. I think it just depends on who is putting your package together.
I guess so... very odd though!

Has anyone on the alternate list gotten an update? It's nearly June...

Has anyone on the alternate list gotten an update? It's nearly June...

I've been wondering the same, though I think in the past they started looking at the alternate list starting late-May through June/July

Nothing yet, but I'm still holding out!

Haven't heard anything positive or negative on my end either. Here is to hoping! I had a wonderful time while I was visiting.

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my spot on the waitlist, hope it helps move someone on here who is still waiting up a little bit!

Does anyone else have a constant paranoid feeling that you've forgotten something, and that a week before orientation you're going to get an email saying "since we never got X from you, we assume that you are forfeiting your spot in the class"?

Does anyone else have a constant paranoid feeling that you've forgotten something, and that a week before orientation you're going to get an email saying "since we never got X from you, we assume that you are forfeiting your spot in the class"?

I have been checking my portal everyday to make sure I paid my deposit even though I did the first day I was accepted haha! Although I am actually panicking about my immunizations since my college doesn't have any record of my MMR :uhno:

I have been checking my portal everyday to make sure I paid my deposit even though I did the first day I was accepted haha! Although I am actually panicking about my immunizations since my college doesn't have any record of my MMR :uhno:

Is your pediatrician still practicing? I went to my old pediatrician's office and requested my immunization records and they still had them.

But I feel you guys. I check my portal almost daily to make sure everything is still marked complete. Plus I'm hoping one of these days they will post more info on orientation, what to buy, etc.