Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an aceeptance email today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to differentiate between a waitlist and a rejection via the portal?
For example, I know the Arizona campus lists your prerequisites in the "Applicant Checklist" if you get waitlisted...

Does anyone know how to differentiate between a waitlist and a rejection via the portal?
For example, I know the Arizona campus lists your prerequisites in the "Applicant Checklist" if you get waitlisted...

If it's the same as last year, CCOM has the same waitlist thing as AZCOM. Required prereqs show up in your applicant checklist--I was waitlisted post-interview last year. A rejection just locks you out of the portal (from what I've read).

If it's the same as last year, CCOM has the same waitlist thing as AZCOM. Required prereqs show up in your applicant checklist--I was waitlisted post-interview last year. A rejection just locks you out of the portal (from what I've read).
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Any other late March interviewees hear back?

I'm unsure if they've gotten to everyone. But i think they might meet like twice a month

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there will be a second look for those accepted after the first one?

My applicant checklist was updated in the portal and there is a checkmark by every field, but I can't see the accepted checklist. Does this mean I'm rejected? I'm asking because previous threads said that you would be locked out of your applicant checklist if you were rejected.

My applicant checklist was updated in the portal and there is a checkmark by every field, but I can't see the accepted checklist. Does this mean I'm rejected? I'm asking because previous threads said that you would be locked out of your applicant checklist if you were rejected.

I think that means waitlist but I could be wrong.

I think that means waitlist but I could be wrong.

Yep that's a waitlist. Mine just updated in the same way.

Interviewed 3/10, no emails yet and my portal hasn't changed at all.

For those who got waitlisted, did you get an email with the status update/decision? I haven't received any emails with a status update/decision...

For those who got waitlisted, did you get an email with the status update/decision? I haven't received any emails with a status update/decision...
I haven't received anything yet, but we were told on the day of the interview that accepted students would get an email immediately, then a letter. Waitlisted students will just get a letter.

How do you all afford a school like this? I go to a state DO school with a nice little scholarship to help me out. I just find it hard to swallow the huge tuition.

How do you all afford a school like this? I go to a state DO school with a nice little scholarship to help me out. I just find it hard to swallow the huge tuition.
Frankly I consider it an investment. I'm local to the area so I would be able to commute, but you're right, it's still incredibly expensive with tuition alone. I think that the high match rate and above average board passage rates are very enticing. Couple that with the opportunities to have all of Chicagoland's great hospitals as destinations for rotations and it is a very attractive option to have. That said, it looks like I'm getting waitlisted from the consensus on here, so we'll see what pans out!

I think that the high match rate and above average board passage rates are very enticing.

But for those out of staters they probably can't even afford to try Gino's East. I actually heard you had a meh match list and average board scores this year from @ananasmed .

But for those out of staters they probably can't even afford to try Gino's East. I actually heard you had a meh match list and average board scores this year from @ananasmed .

Lol why are you posting on this thread??

Because "the in" is irrelevant to you. You're a student at a different school.

So I'm not allowed to ask questions about other schools unless it's only my school..Makes sense. Thanks for keeping me in line....but at least it won't be the line to file bankruptcy after going here. :laugh:

So I'm not allowed to ask questions about other schools unless it's only my school..Makes sense. Thanks for keeping me in line....but at least it won't be the line to file bankruptcy after going here. :laugh:

Looking at your post history today it seems like you're having fun trolling multiple threads.

I'm a Lou Malnati's guy myself! I'm just an applicant who liked the school and it sounds like you like where you're at as well! No need for either of us to worry about paying for it, since I'm not even in at the moment :laugh:

Looking at your post history today it seems like you're having fun trolling multiple threads.

I don't see how asking questions is trolling. That wouldn't be something I would do my first day back on SDN....but think what you want.

Reminder to keep things civil and professional. If you feel that someone is trolling please use the "Report Post to Moderator" feature at the bottom of the posts.

Reminder to keep things civil and professional. If you feel that someone is trolling please use the "Report Post to Moderator" feature at the bottom of the posts.

Pizza is always civil and professional, friend.

It's because Giordano's is obviously superior and you're wrong. Duh.
But cheese on the crust!!!!! Maybe we need a double deep dish meal day post boards :laugh: okay enough derailing lol

Match List this year was incredible. We had 2 dermatology, 2 otolaryngology, 2 urology, 1 ophthalmology, 8 OBGYN, 8 PM&R, 4 gen surg, 7 ortho, tons of EM, anesthesiology, neurology, radiology, pathology, tons of primary care, tons of people matching into the specialties that they wanted to in the regions that they wanted to

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/09

My portal updated with the pre-acceptance checklist but not the post acceptance one. :(

I guess that means I am probably waitlisted.

MCAT: 509, GPA: 3.95, High science GPA as well, plenty of volunteering and clinical exp, ER scribe for 1 year, in-state resident, and my interviews went very well as far as I could tell.

Midwestern would have been a great fit for me, and I thought for sure that I would get accepted without any problems, Sucks to suck I guess...

Hopefully the admissions committee has not reviewed my application yet and an admission is on the way, but that is kind of wishful thinking.

How is waitlist movement here?

Interviewed 3/09

My portal updated with the pre-acceptance checklist but not the post acceptance one. :(

MCAT: 509, GPA: 3.95, High science GPA as well, plenty of volunteering and clinical exp, ER scribe for 1 year, in-state resident, and my interviews went very well as far as I could tell.

Midwestern would have been a great fit for me, and I thought for sure that I would get accepted without any problems, Sucks to suck I guess...

Hopefully the admissions committee has not reviewed my application yet and an admission is on the way, but that is kind of wishful thinking.

Waitlist is great! If this is your top choice school send it update letters to let them know.

Interviewed 3/09

Waitlist typically does not start moving until May. I was waitlisted 2 years ago when I applied and was one of the first out of the waitlist. I constantly showed them my interest in the school and kept sending update letters. Don't lose hope if you're waitlisted, just maintain connection and show them you are serious. Find my previous posts here, I explained ways to help!

Has anyone from the late march interviews heard anything yet? I interviewed on the 27th and haven't heard anything and am wondering if maybe they didnt get to us?

Has anyone from the late march interviews heard anything yet? I interviewed on the 27th and haven't heard anything and am wondering if maybe they didnt get to us?
I interviewed on the 27th and my portal updated to show the pre-reqs this past friday (which means wait list based on what I have read here)

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I will be a dental student at MWU-Illinois, Class of 2021!
Can someone please post a link to the Facebook page if there is one?
I'm looking to find some roommates for the school year, and I think it would be cool to live with a med student!

is it safe to assume theyre done handing out interviews?

It looks like interviews are scheduled to run until April 14th. I think they have offered interviews the day before the interview date if a spot opens up.

It looks like interviews are scheduled to run until April 14th. I think they have offered interviews the day before the interview date if a spot opens up.
Yes. This is true even if the cycle closes, as long as you don't hear a NO, then you can still be interviewed. I know someone who interviewed in July