Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just recently submitted my secondary there feeling like it was way too late already to even hope for an interview, but I'm actually a little surprised to see the interview season isn't over yet. May I ask when you submitted all your materials?

I submitted and was complete by end of july but received an interview this late. Still very thankful though!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete since July and got one scheduled for the 16th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Same. I called a few days ago and was told they are behind but should be meeting this Wednesday

Same. I called a few days ago and was told they are behind but should be meeting this Wednesday

thanks for calling! so does that mean we could potentially expect a decision Thursday?!

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, where can I find a list of clinical rotation sites for CCOM? Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously, where can I find a list of clinical rotation sites for CCOM? Thanks!

I've never been able to find it on their website or anything but at the interview they give you a list of some of the sites.

Members don't see this ad :)

They have 66 sites but I don't have that much time haha. The top-ten sites in order are :

Advocate Christ, Illinois Masonic, Lutheran General, Advocate Medical Group, St. Catherine, Franciscan St. James, Franciscan St. Margaret, Cook County, MacNeal, Presence St. Joseph.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have the match list? I'm trying to figure something out haha

Does anyone have the match list? I'm trying to figure something out haha

There's a basic one on the website that I posted below. I can post a picture of the actual one when I get home tonight unless someone does first.
  • Anesthesiology - 7
  • Emergency Medicine - 33
  • Family Medicine - 54
  • General Surgery - 5
  • Internal Medicine - 43
  • OB/GYN - 4
  • Pediatrics - 20
  • Other - 32

did anyone have an updated portal today from the 1/09 interview date?

Accepted by email this morn! Is it true the deposit from AZCOM can be transferred over to ccom?

Edit: it's true, getting the depost transfered this week

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
woohoo accepted today!!

Reactions: 2 users
Still no II here. This is very odd...

Interviewed 1/13, accepted today via email

Why is that odd?
It just seems like a longer period of silence than I'm used to from other schools. I would have expected to be rejected by now if there was no interview coming.

Who's going to second look?

How long do we have to pay the deposit?

Interviewed on Feb 2nd but so anxious to hear back already. Fingers crossed for some good news

I received an email that said since I filled out my FAFSA I need to complete the Entrance Interview, MWU Institutional Application, and Direct Unsubsidized Loan Master Promissory Note within 10 days!

I'm still waiting on decisions from other schools, so naturally I don't have a housing plan (which it asks for), or any idea of what loans I will need!

I sent an email to Financial Services. Anyone else with this problem or that has advice? It's crazy this has to be finished within 10 days or I won't be eligible for financial assistance.

I received an email that said since I filled out my FAFSA I need to complete the Entrance Interview, MWU Institutional Application, and Direct Unsubsidized Loan Master Promissory Note within 10 days!

I'm still waiting on decisions from other schools, so naturally I don't have a housing plan (which it asks for), or any idea of what loans I will need!

I sent an email to Financial Services. Anyone else with this problem or that has advice? It's crazy this has to be finished within 10 days or I won't be eligible for financial assistance.

It only takes 10 minutes to complete all of it. You don't need to know exact numbers. There will be an option for the loans to cover just tuition, or you can add options like housing, insurance, etc.

Edit: there is the unsubsidized loan, but does not cover all of tuition. So to cover the rest, there is gradPLUS (most common and what I chose) or a private loan through MWU.

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything yet, completed late December. Should I lose hope?

Haven't heard anything yet, completed late December. Should I lose hope?

FOR ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME POSITION.
If CCOM is your top choice and you have not heard back, SEND IN AN UPDATE LETTER. NOW! All update letters are added to your file, and demonstrate your interest in the school. If you have nothing to update, then do some research on the school and let them know why CCOM. They accept students all the way from the first interview group to to very last one. The key part is getting that interview.

I don't think you're officially rejected until your portal is shut down. They usually deny you access and then send you a rejection letter via snail mail.

Do you know if they send a letter and then send the email with the interview slots? One of my friends received a letter and no email but her portal is still up. She isn't home yet to open the letter.

Does anyone have an idea of when immunization stuff is due?

Most likely will be withdrawing my acceptance within the next week or two. Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone have an idea of when immunization stuff is due?

The immunization form is due July 1st. However, it said if you're unable to complete the last hep B injection before matriculation, you'll be fine. Just have to get them started.

The immunization form is due July 1st. However, it said if you're unable to complete the last hep B injection before matriculation, you'll be fine. Just have to get them started.
Thanks!!!