Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never received a call. Interviewed 2/24. My portal shows my pre-requisite coursework and a completed bachelors. Can't remember what it looked like before. So does that mean I'm on wait list? Or alternate list?

And sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between a wait list and alternate list?

I interviewed 1/28 and I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm thinking the alternate list and waiting list are the same thing, but I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 1/28 and I've been placed on the alternate list. I'm thinking the alternate list and waiting list are the same thing, but I could be wrong.
You must have got mail its written in that

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I interviewed the same day! Waitlist/Alternate list are essentially the same thing (assuming you are post-interview). I got my letter today :(. I remember someone during our interview saying there was a lot of waitlist movement during his year but it fluxes each year. Side note: Does anyone know when a good time to send a LOI is? Does sending one too soon look desperate? Also, do extra LOR help?

Thanks, do AZCOM rank alternaters or accept randomized, if ranked, on what is the basis and when
From what I can remember, I think when there are spots still left they'll look at each person in detail on the alternate list and then choose.

When I interviewed on 3/6 they said there were 30 spots left, so I'm not sure exactly how much movement there's going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrew my acceptance here, hope it goes to one of you on the alternate list. Fantastic school, but I had to go with a cheaper option. Best of luck to you all

Reactions: 2 users
^^^ Also going to withdraw my acceptance here, hope it goes to someone awesome here! As stated above, AZCOM is a great school but had to go with the better option! Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the Chicago rotation site today!! I'm super excited since they assigned me to Kankakee at first.

Accepted and sent my deposit in a few weeks ago. Any other accepted students have knowledge of a group page for class of 2021 or anywhere to search to roommates?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people that have been invited to interview recently, what has been your GPA and MCAT scores?... I have a 512 MCAT score and average 3.5 GPA, but I still have not received any love from Midwestern. I'm wondering if there are other people out there with good scores that are wondering why they haven't been invited to interview with them yet??

Would you mind sharing what interview dates are available?

I don't have access to the interview calendar anymore. I interviewed yesterday! At my interview they said that this was the last week of interviews, which includes two more. Probably not the news your looking for :confused:

I don't have access to the interview calendar anymore. I interviewed yesterday! At my interview they said that this was the last week of interviews, which includes two more. Probably not the news your looking for :confused:
Thank you for letting me know! I hope your interview went well.

So I have a question. How are others justifying the 90k CoA and choosing this school vs another school.
Hi all,

1st year here and I also completed a master's degree at Midwestern as well. I'm going to be real here and tell you what some first and second years told me when I was deciding between schools, if you can go to another medical school go there.

A few great things about AZCOM:

1) Faculty are exceptional. The open door policy is real here. They are very much willing to help you and they are all welcoming and approachable.

2.) Beautiful campus.

3.) Good opportunities to network w/ the other professional programs.

4.) My classmates have been amazing, wonderful, and supportive.

5.) Curriculum is not curved. This fosters a non-competitive environment and everyone helps everyone out and shares study materials.

6.) AZ has wonderful weather in general, except for the month of May - September where it is still 100+ degree temps.

Cons: This is what I was warned about by some older students and these are the reasons why this is not many people's first choice.

1.) You are on a traditional curriculum schedule. That means you will take 6-7 classes. You will have 2-3 full length 2 hour exams per week, sometimes 4 exams per week. Mental health here is not a priority. Everyone is burned out. Drained. Tired. There is not much time for a life outside of medical school. You try your best to balance, but it is definitely hard. I go for an hour workout 5-6 days per week. I have very understanding friends, family, and a wonderful, supportive significant other. You will need a strong support system.

For example, some students are not even attending their church service this morning for Easter because there is just no time. We envy those friends who attend other schools who are on a block schedule where they will have one block exam once every 2-3 weeks. Other friends at other schools know that you are a Midwestern student if you tell them our testing schedule.

Our schedule is exam heavy, no doubt. You will learn to adjust, but it does take a toll on you, no matter how on top of it you are. You will learn to study a bit of each subject every day, but will focus more on the material for the next upcoming exam.

I have yet to meet a person who is truly, honestly happy at AZCOM.

I know this post sounds like a downer, but I am trying to give everyone the most objective information. People who know me would describe me as a happy and cheerful person and I assure you that I surround myself with happy and positive people, so I hope that this information comes off in an objective manner.

The curriculum really does beat it out of you though.

2.) They recently changed the board study schedule for the second years. They originally had 3 weeks of dedicated board studying time and now they have 6 weeks. However, they have scheduled mandatory 4-6 hour workshops into that dedicated board studying schedule.

3.) The cost. If you could choose another school that is cheaper, go there.

4.) Not much patient interaction first or second year. Unless you take time out of your rigorous study and testing schedule to go volunteer.

5.) Curriculum is graded. Not pass/fail.

Medical school is what you make of it, you will be happy wherever you will be though sometimes it is easier to be happier in certain places. As a friend and fellow student said, at the end of the day, we will become physicians and we are very grateful for that, but if you have the luxury of choosing between multiple schools, there are better options.

PM me if you want any more questions answered.

Last edited:
Withdrawing my acceptance here, I hope it goes to one of you! does anyone know who I should email regarding this?

Just got the call that I was accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

3.2 Undergrad GPA (mistakes of youth)
3.8 Grad GPA (recent)
511 MCAT (very low PS score)

Nontraditional student so over a decade of volunteer, research, and work experience in various industries.

Timeline:
10/01/2016- Added AZCOM to Primary
10/19/2016- Secondary received
11/06/2016- Secondary submitted
11/30/2016- Pre-interview Waitlist email
02/10/2017- Interview invite
03/06/2017- Interview
03/13/2017- Post-interview Waitlist
04/18/2017- Acceptance call

3.2 Undergrad GPA (mistakes of youth)
3.8 Grad GPA (recent)
511 MCAT (very low PS score)

Nontraditional student so over a decade of volunteer, research, and work experience in various industries.

Timeline:
10/01/2016- Added AZCOM to Primary
10/19/2016- Secondary received
11/06/2016- Secondary submitted
11/30/2016- Pre-interview Waitlist email
02/10/2017- Interview invite
03/06/2017- Interview
03/13/2017- Post-interview Waitlist
04/18/2017- Acceptance call

We are similar in terms of stats/EC's and timeline. The waitlist struggle is real! Again, congratulations!

Hi all,

1st year here and I also completed a master's degree at Midwestern as well. I'm going to be real here and tell you what some first and second years told me when I was deciding between schools, if you can go to another medical school go there.

A few great things about AZCOM:

1) Faculty are exceptional. The open door policy is real here. They are very much willing to help you and they are all welcoming and approachable.

2.) Beautiful campus.

3.) Good opportunities to network w/ the other professional programs.

4.) My classmates have been amazing, wonderful, and supportive.

5.) Curriculum is not curved. This fosters a non-competitive environment and everyone helps everyone out and shares study materials.

6.) AZ has wonderful weather in general, except for the month of May - September where it is still 100+ degree temps.

Cons: This is what I was warned about by some older students and these are the reasons why this is not many people's first choice.

1.) You are on a traditional curriculum schedule. That means you will take 6-7 classes. You will have 2-3 full length 2 hour exams per week, sometimes 4 exams per week. Mental health here is not a priority. Everyone is burned out. Drained. Tired. There is not much time for a life outside of medical school. You try your best to balance, but it is definitely hard. I go for an hour workout 5-6 days per week. I have very understanding friends, family, and a wonderful, supportive significant other. You will need a strong support system.

For example, some students are not even attending their church service this morning for Easter because there is just no time. We envy those friends who attend other schools who are on a block schedule where they will have one block exam once every 2-3 weeks. Other friends at other schools know that you are a Midwestern student if you tell them our testing schedule.

Our schedule is exam heavy, no doubt. You will learn to adjust, but it does take a toll on you, no matter how on top of it you are. You will learn to study a bit of each subject every day, but will focus more on the material for the next upcoming exam.

I have yet to meet a person who is truly, honestly happy at AZCOM.

I know this post sounds like a downer, but I am trying to give everyone the most objective information. People who know me would describe me as a happy and cheerful person and I assure you that I surround myself with happy and positive people, so I hope that this information comes off in an objective manner.

The curriculum really does beat it out of you though.

2.) They recently changed the board study schedule for the second years. They originally had 3 weeks of dedicated board studying time and now they have 6 weeks. However, they have scheduled mandatory 4-6 hour workshops into that dedicated board studying schedule.

3.) The cost. If you could choose another school that is cheaper, go there.

4.) Not much patient interaction first or second year. Unless you take time out of your rigorous study and testing schedule to go volunteer.

5.) Curriculum is graded. Not pass/fail.

Medical school is what you make of it, you will be happy wherever you will be though sometimes it is easier to be happier in certain places. As a friend and fellow student said, at the end of the day, we will become physicians and we are very grateful for that, but if you have the luxury of choosing between multiple schools, there are better options.

PM me if you want any more questions answered.

Current MS1 and I feel obliged to clarify some points. Fabio1984 brings up some great points about AZCOM and I can attest to the pros. Here is my input.

1. I know numerous people who are happy with AZCOM and it was my first choice. The class is ~250 people, so I keep that in mind when reading 4-5 posts from current MS1s. As you have noticed, we all have different views of the school. Is the testing schedule rigorous: YES. Is it potentially unnecessarily rigorous: YES. Has the administration tried testing less: YES but scores board scores were lower. 4 exams per week happens during midterm periods, when classes that only have a midterm and final give their midterm. So add 2 exams to your normal schedule for midterms. Finals week is generally a exam/day, without classes, for 5 days. You may have a day during finals with two exams, but those exams tend to be doable.

We are on a traditional curriculum therefore a block testing schedule wouldn't likely work. We may/may not be envious of our friends at other schools, but our schedule fits the curriculum design and visa versa.

Burnout is a huge buzzword in medicine and medical education, and rightfully so, but do note that we're almost to the end of our first year. It has been a long year and we started in late July.

There are many students in our class who practice a variety of religions and I have not experienced any students not be able to attend their respective services because of studying.

2. I've heard no such thing about "study workshops." The specific course you're referring to is if a MS2 fails the practice boards (COMSAE) twice. Many schools have this built into their curriculum to help struggling students. This is not unique to AZCOM and again only pertains to people who have failed the practice COMSAE twice.

3. The tuition is astronomically high, but it would be wise to factor in cost of living in another area at a different school. They may or may not be comparable, overall.

4. Early patient experience is relatively limited, but if you seek out opportunities you will find them. Additionally, I know many students who volunteer weekly or numerous times per month. Will you feel like you're getting "behind" on your studies: YES, but you will likely be just fine.

5. I think one of the biggest issues with AZCOM is that it is graded. 1 of ~20 schools in the country that is graded. As much as you think it won't, it will add undue stress. Grades are important because they are generally decent predictors of board scores, but are not rated as extremely important in the residency directors report...

Don't let 4-5 peoples posts on SDN, mine included, persuade you to attend because of the great weather/professors/classmates or dissuade you because of the testing schedule/burn-out/grades. I personally have had a wonderful experience at AZCOM thus far, and if you feel like the school fit you and visa versa then you should attend. If you feel that you will thrive in a different environment, and you have other options, then you might pursue those. Best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Current MS1 and I feel obliged to clarify some points. Fabio1984 brings up some great points about AZCOM and I can attest to the pros. Here is my input.

1. I know numerous people who are happy with AZCOM and it was my first choice. The class is ~250 people, so I keep that in mind when reading 4-5 posts from current MS1s. As you have noticed, we all have different views of the school. Is the testing schedule rigorous: YES. Is it potentially unnecessarily rigorous: YES. Has the administration tried testing less: YES but scores board scores were lower. 4 exams per week happens during midterm periods, when classes that only have a midterm and final give their midterm. So add 2 exams to your normal schedule for midterms. Finals week is generally a exam/day, without classes, for 5 days. You may have a day during finals with two exams, but those exams tend to be doable.

We are on a traditional curriculum therefore a block testing schedule wouldn't likely work. We may/may not be envious of our friends at other schools, but our schedule fits the curriculum design and visa versa.

Burnout is a huge buzzword in medicine and medical education, and rightfully so, but do note that we're almost to the end of our first year. It has been a long year and we started in late July.

There are many students in our class who practice a variety of religions and I have not experienced any students not be able to attend their respective services because of studying.

2. I've heard no such thing about "study workshops." The specific course you're referring to is if a MS2 fails the practice boards (COMSAE) twice. Many schools have this built into their curriculum to help struggling students. This is not unique to AZCOM and again only pertains to people who have failed the practice COMSAE twice.

3. The tuition is astronomically high, but it would be wise to factor in cost of living in another area at a different school. They may or may not be comparable, overall.

4. Early patient experience is relatively limited, but if you seek out opportunities you will find them. Additionally, I know many students who volunteer weekly or numerous times per month. Will you feel like you're getting "behind" on your studies: YES, but you will likely be just fine.

5. I think one of the biggest issues with AZCOM is that it is graded. 1 of ~20 schools in the country that is graded. As much as you think it won't, it will add undue stress. Grades are important because they are generally decent predictors of board scores, but are not rated as extremely important in the residency directors report...

Don't let 4-5 peoples posts on SDN, mine included, persuade you to attend because of the great weather/professors/classmates or dissuade you because of the testing schedule/burn-out/grades. I personally have had a wonderful experience at AZCOM thus far, and if you feel like the school fit you and visa versa then you should attend. If you feel that you will thrive in a different environment, and you have other options, then you might pursue those. Best of luck!

When you say tuition is "astonomically high"....you meant the ~64000 right? Just making sure I'm not missing a money figure.

For those of you who are going here and have paid the matriculation fee, will the required transcripts be sent from AACOMAS, or do we have to send this to the school directly? Also, I don't see any information on required immunizations and am wondering when we have to have them done by. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

For those of you who are going here and have paid the matriculation fee, will the required transcripts be sent from AACOMAS, or do we have to send this to the school directly? Also, I don't see any information on required immunizations and am wondering when we have to have them done by. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

There is info somewhere on the accepted page about immunization, I forget where though. And for transcripts, I was told they eventually would be entered by the school from AACOMAS

Hi all, I’m a current MS2 at AZCOM, and I just want to offer another perspective on the school.

Cgn1110 is absolutely right that you need to consider the opinions of the masses, rather than make your decision based on just a handful of posts on an internet forum. I’ll just share what I, and many others in my class, have experienced over the last two years.

1) The testing schedule 2nd year is completely different than 1st year. 1st year schedule was honestly pretty relaxing compared to 2nd year. 1st year was still hard, sure, but I felt like I could still breathe and be a fairly normal human.

2nd year combines everything you learned in 1st year in a more clinically oriented fashion. In this respect, I actually enjoyed the material we learned 2nd year more than I did 1st year. That being said, everything is taken up a notch. The volume of material blows up, the pace of classes increases, and the exam schedule is asinine. As a 2ndyear, we have minimum 2 tests a week. That means that there are plenty of weeks we have 3 or 4 exams, in addition to practicals, OSCEs, workshops, and regularly scheduled classes. To clarify, these are full unit exams. Not quizzes.

2) With regards to the workshops mentioned by Fabio1984, cgn1110 is actually quite mistaken. As a 2nd year, you’re being prepped for rotations. This means that the faculty needs to teach you specific information and procedures pertinent to each core rotation. This is done in the form of workshops, as Fabio1984 correctly points out. Workshops are scheduled towards the end of your 3rd quarter of 2nd year.

These workshops are actually one of the most clinically relevant and interesting learning opportunities you’ll have during your didactic years at AZCOM. I found them to be quite enjoyable and informative. The issue, however, is that the workshops were not scheduled in a way conducive to your success in other, graded courses.

Each workshop is anywhere from 1-6 hours. You actually don’t get a choice of date or time for most of these workshops, as the class is split up according to rotation region cohorts. The issue that our class encountered with these workshops is that admin scheduled the bulk of them during the first finals week of 3rd quarter (yes, I said first – there are two finals weeks during 3rd quarter of 2nd year). During this week, we were scheduled to have three finals, a practical, 15 extra hours of mandatory workshops, and regularly scheduled classes.

Fortunately, our class president was able to get the administration to agree to reschedule some of the workshops that week, so we only had 10 extra hours of mandatory workshop time. But that’s still 10 hours that week that we were unable to study for our finals, which were taking place at the same time.

This is, unfortunately, just one of many scheduling issues we’ve had this year. I truly hope that it will be better for the incoming MS2’s next year, but I honestly doubt anything will change.

3) The COMSAE issue that cgn1110 mentions is actually a bit different that what he/she described. Yes, we do have to pass the COMSAE before we’re allowed to sit for the COMLEX. However, here’s how it really works.

a. You take a Kaplan diagnostic in January. This is meant to serve as more of a COMSAE pre-test. If you get below a certain score, you meet with someone in the dean’s office, address your weaknesses, and go on your merry way.

b. COMSAE is taken in early April. If you score below a certain score on this test, you again meet with someone in the dean’s office, prepare a study plan, and get to work studying so that you can hopefully pass the 2nd COMSAE.

c. If you don’t pass the 1st COMSAE, you’ll have to take to 2nd one in May. The same standards apply to this test as the first one. If you still don’t pass the 2nd COMSAE, you’ll have to sign up for a structured board prep course (Kaplan, DIT, etc.).

4) One last think I’d like to address is the issue of burnout and religion, both of which I can personally speak to.

AZCOM students screened above the national average in several mental health categories, including anxiety and depression. I personally know several students who have struggled with mental health issues while attending AZCOM, myself included. It is a grueling journey, and 2nd year is just the cherry on top of it all. As one of my classmates put it recently, 1st year is when you’re happy and you still love life; 2nd year is when you want to die.

My faith is something that I take very seriously, and it’s an incredibly important part of my life. Since starting 2nd year, I have only been able to attend church services an average of twice a month, and I’ve missed nearly all holiday services. I’ve spoken with a number of other AZCOM students who have also had to cut back on their involvement in faith-based events, just to stay on top of their course material.

I think Fabio1984 hit the nail on the head when they said that you should definitely consider other options, if you have the luxury of having other schools to choose from. AZCOM isn’t a bad school educationally speaking. Our board scores attest to this. There are just a lot of other components to the program that fall short of what should be considered acceptable, and you have to decide if your board scores are worth your mental wellbeing.

AZCOM students screened above the national average in several mental health categories, including anxiety and depression. I personally know several students who have struggled with mental health issues while attending AZCOM, myself included. It is a grueling journey, and 2nd year is just the cherry on top of it all. As one of my classmates put it recently, 1st year is when you’re happy and you still love life; 2nd year is when you want to die.

What do you think contributes to the higher average as no medical school is easy? How does AZCOM compare to LECOM...a region that receives less sunlight?

Loved the school and PHX, but tuition too high.

Was accepted here, but currently waiting on 2 waitlists before turning down my acceptance

Last edited:
While I loved Phoenix, I'm turning down my acceptance today to pursue another acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist- good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
What do you think contributes to the higher average as no medical school is easy? How does AZCOM compare to LECOM...a region that receives less sunlight?

One student during my interview said the main reason for the higher average was due to the rigorous testing schedule at AZCOM (In his opinion).

I think the majority of it can be accounted for by the testing schedule. At 2-4 exams per week, every single week, you don't have time to sleep, eat, exercise, spend time with your S/O, or really do anything else that doesn't include studying. You get burned out really quickly, and you often have to wait until the next break (3-4 months out) to even begin to recuperate. 6 quarters of that stress really takes a toll on your mental, emotional, and physical state.

One student during my interview said the main reason for the higher average was due to the rigorous testing schedule at AZCOM (In his opinion).

I think the majority of it can be accounted for by the testing schedule. At 2-4 exams per week, every single week, you don't have time to sleep, eat, exercise, spend time with your S/O, or really do anything else that doesn't include studying. You get burned out really quickly, and you often have to wait until the next break (3-4 months out) to even begin to recuperate. 6 quarters of that stress really takes a toll on your mental, emotional, and physical state.

I guess the testing system is the main culprit, but is AZCOM's schedule really that much different from any other schools? I've seen other DO's schedules and they seem pretty similar in rigorousness. Any chance an MS1/MS2 can post a copy of their schedule?

I guess the testing system is the main culprit, but is AZCOM's schedule really that much different from any other schools? I've seen other DO's schedules and they seem pretty similar in rigorousness. Any chance an MS1/MS2 can post a copy of their schedule?

I have friends at AT Still and U of A, and their testing schedules are very different. U of A is on a systems based curriculum, so they average one test every two weeks. It's actually funny to see people's reactions when I tell them about our testing schedule at AZCOM. Local docs have commented on it as well to me. One said that in his 30 years here working with students, AZCOM students are still the most overworked and overstressed students he's ever met. I actually talked to another physician last night who made a similar comment.

I'm sure there are schools with similar schedules. I'm not going to claim that AZCOM is the worst or the best. But I do think that the curriculum is not something to be taken lightly - especially when students and physicians not affiliated with the school are commenting on it.

It has been almost a month since I submitted my application for their MA in Biomedical Sciences. I haven't been asked to interview. Is it safe to assume I will be rejected?

MS2 here. I'd like to throw in my opinion on the test schedule. I personally like it. It forces me to stay on top of my study and not procrastinate (which has been a huge problem in the past for me). It is definitely doable and while I have been stressed, I have been able to keep a balance even second year. My friends and I go out to dinner once a week, no exceptions and then take the rest of the night off afterwards. That may not seem like a lot, but even that one night does wonders for your mental health.
So while our test schedule is hectic, it is doable if you plan right. That being said, most people will have to sacrifice something. For me it was going to religious services weekly, because that would require me to travel 20-30 each way in addition to the service. It was worth it to me though, because I have a good support system at the school. There are also people who only study after their kids go to bed so they don't miss anything and don't sleep much. There ar also people who scarification their grades and are perfectly content with just passing if it means they can have a social life. You will find all of these types of people at every school and get opinions for all of them about which is better. In the long run don't take their (and my) opinions too seriously. Only you can know if you will function well in a high stress environment and if you decide to come here, high method will be best for you.

Reactions: 4 users
Current students, how many hour(s) per day do you have/allocate for "me" time?

Current students, how many hour(s) per day do you have/allocate for "me" time?

1st year: 2-3 hr
2nd year: 0.5-2hr (really depends on how many exams that week and if there is one the next day)

Current Students: How are your weekends? I know everyone is different but how do your weekends go with an exam every Monday? Do you find you usually stay in and study?

Hey everyone! I am applying this week for next cycle. Was wondering your thoughts on my stats. I am a graduate student in physiology. I am non-trad with 8000 hours in the legal field, 500 hours in family med, and 4.0 in 2 year grad program. Should I apply here?
Undergrad 3.6
Grad.: 4.0 (all science)
Science: 3.9
Non-Science: 3.7
MCAT: 499-----DEF WEAKEST ELEMENT---don't want to retake. Most DO schools ive talked to dont have an issue with my score. I interviewed at MD schools last year with this score but it depends on the school.

Hey everyone! I am applying this week for next cycle. Was wondering your thoughts on my stats. I am a graduate student in physiology. I am non-trad with 8000 hours in the legal field, 500 hours in family med, and 4.0 in 2 year grad program. Should I apply here?
Undergrad 3.6
MCAT: 499-----DEF WEAKEST ELEMENT---don't want to retake. Most DO schools ive talked to dont have an issue with my score. I interviewed at MD schools last year with this score but it depends on the school.

Retake the MCAT... period! It's definitely a sign of weakness. I've gone through this process a couple of times and I've learned the hard way about not wanting to retake the MCAT. It's that important! I even set apart 6 months of hard-core studying to get a 512, and I still didn't get invited to interview at this school. You are seriously hurting yourself by not retaking the test. You could "maybe... maybe", get in somewhere for school, but you are taking a huge risk and wasting time and money, plus you would have so many more options if you scored well and had that to go along with the rest of your stats.

Which school was your grad program at anyways?

Retake the MCAT... period! It's definitely a sign of weakness. I've gone through this process a couple of times and I've learned the hard way about not wanting to retake the MCAT. It's that important! I even set apart 6 months of hard-core studying to get a 512, and I still didn't get invited to interview at this school. You are seriously hurting yourself by not retaking the test. You could "maybe... maybe", get in somewhere for school, but you are taking a huge risk and wasting time and money, plus you would have so many more options if you scored well and had that to go along with the rest of your stats.

Which school was your grad program at anyways?

NC State University Masters in Physiology. I had in person meetings with two DO schools that had no issue with my MCAT because of GPA that was significantly significantly above their average. I am 31 and really just ready to be in. I don't have 6 months to reprep for the MCAT. VCOM even told me NOT to retake it. My masters program is set up like first two years of med school. I study 12 hours a day for my program which is USMLE material. I am unsure how I could pull 6 months of MCAT prep unless i waited out this cycle which just doesn't seem feasible or smart. Does Midwestern put a lot of focus on MCAT? I am sorry to sound defensive lol. #gradschoolproblems

Undergrad 3.6

I believe AZCOM likes to interview students with "above average" metrics. So reiterating what previous people say, it would be better to retake the MCAT for AZCOM. But that doesnt mean you can't apply to the other schools this cycle.

I believe AZCOM likes to interview students with "above average" metrics. So reiterating what previous people say, it would be better to retake the MCAT for AZCOM. But that doesnt mean you can't apply to the other schools this cycle.
This is good info. Thanks!