Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was extremely surprised to receive an interview invitation today. I didn't think they would still be holding interviews this late in the cycle, but I'm signed up for April 17th. So if, like me, you assumed you werent going to hear anything back from MWU, don't give up!

Reactions: 1 user
I was extremely surprised to receive an interview invitation today. I didn't think they would still be holding interviews this late in the cycle, but I'm signed up for April 17th. So if, like me, you assumed you werent going to hear anything back from MWU, don't give up!
Awesome congrats :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview next week(SO NERVOUS) does anyone have any tips/questions I should prepare for??

Just be prepared to talk about your experiences since they see your application ahead of time! Also, I have only a little experience. I do not think it is a huge deal if you don't! If you are worried, talk about how excited you are to learn all about what Midwestern is going to teach you about OT research!!!

I jut received an email inviting me to interview. The earliest available date is on Friday, April 21. I'm guessing that this is for a spot on the waitlist since it is so late, but I'm still going to interview and see what happens!

I just also got invited to interview for Friday, April 28th! I will also be attending to see what my chances are!

I jut received an email inviting me to interview. The earliest available date is on Friday, April 21. I'm guessing that this is for a spot on the waitlist since it is so late, but I'm still going to interview and see what happens!
Nice what are your stats?

Nice what are your stats?

Major: Rehabilitation Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.9 depending on school
GRE: 151 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: volunteer at a hospital, research assistant in an educational psychology lab, volunteer leader at various organizations during undergraduate

Volunteer: 240 hours nursing and rehab facility, 40 hours children's pediatric therapy facility

Did you have any research background when you interviewed at midwestern? I don't have any research so I was a little worried abut that~
Hi, just wondering if you've heard back from Midwestern yet? I think we may have been at the same interview. I interviewed on the 13th. Were you there too?

Major: Rehabilitation Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.9 depending on school
GRE: 151 Q, 152 V, 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: volunteer at a hospital, research assistant in an educational psychology lab, volunteer leader at various organizations during undergraduate

Volunteer: 240 hours nursing and rehab facility, 40 hours children's pediatric therapy facility
Damn nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything from them, anyone know any details?

Haven't heard anything from them, anyone know any details?
I just received an email about an hour ago offering me an interview. I will be turning it down, however, since I've already accepted a spot in another program.

I just received an email about an hour ago offering me an interview. I will be turning it down, however, since I've already accepted a spot in another program.
I'm very unsure why I haven't heard back yet and it's just making me more pessimistic about this and I don't want to be!

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard a peep from this school. At least an update would have been nice at this point, considering the amount of money it cost to apply o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Any new news/details?
If I were you I would contact admissions. I believe they already conducted their last interview session so maybe you got lost in the shuffle? Not sure :( wishing you the best though!

If I were you I would contact admissions. I believe they already conducted their last interview session so maybe you got lost in the shuffle? Not sure :( wishing you the best though!
I have contacted them and they still have applications under review! Don't believe they have any final interviews coming up.

Got a decline letter in the mail today :( Hope you all have a wonderful experience for those who have gotten into an OT program!