Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot.3277

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to MWU IL and plan to attend. I have submitted my matriculation agreement and deposit. Is there anything else to be sent before the 12/1 deadline on plans to enroll. I just want to double check. I've sent my transcripts from community college,but I'm not done with undergrad so I haven't sent my final transcript from my current university. I haven't done the physical exam or immunizations, but didn't think it was required yet.

I've been trying to call the program but keep getting voicemail

EDIT: nevermind, sorted it out - for anyone else interested only the matriculation agreement and deposit are needed, everything else can be done over the summer

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you know the total cost of the program? I have heard and read conflicting numbers. Also, how was the interview?

I'll get back to you on the cost, but I know its high in comparison. I'll be able to live at home so it evened out for me.
The interview was extremely relaxed. I think they asked like 3 questions and they were open ended - basically be able to put your otcas app into words: why ot, what have you done, leadership, etc. It definitely felt more like a conversation and everyone was really friendly. 2 interviews with basically the same questions with one being 15 mins and the other being 30 mins. you hang out in a room with 10 other applicants get to know everyone else. then current students take you on a brief tour and you eat lunch
Good luck:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I posed this in another thread too but....:

MWU interviews are super relaxed. All the ladies I interviewed with were amazing and I had a really nice time spending the day with them. The staff is really nice, and open and helpful. The vibe there was great. I interviewed and less than an hour after they called me to let me know I was accepted! AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE

I posed this in another thread too but....:

MWU interviews are super relaxed. All the ladies I interviewed with were amazing and I had a really nice time spending the day with them. The staff is really nice, and open and helpful. The vibe there was great. I interviewed and less than an hour after they called me to let me know I was accepted! AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congratulations!! Can I ask what your stats are and when you submitted your application? MWU is one of my top choices but I haven't heard anything from them yet... getting nervous!!

Hi! Does anyone know if MWU is still planning on interviews? The deadline isn't until Feb so I'm assuming they have additional dates scheduled, but just wondering if anyone has info about upcoming interviews and when they might be sending invitations. Thank you!!!

I know both Midwestern schools got close to 1,100 applications this year so I'm begining to wonder if they've already filled the class and won't be having anther interview session?

I know both Midwestern schools got close to 1,100 applications this year so I'm begining to wonder if they've already filled the class and won't be having anther interview session?
Wow, that's probably why I haven't heard anything from them yet... Won't keep my hopes up for their program I suppose. That's so many people!!

does anyone know if they're still sending out invites for interview? :O

I am also waiting to hear back from this school. I applied back in September and I asked what my status was but they emailed me and said they are still looking through applications...

I feel like anyone they're going to accept already has an acceptance letter or has been interviewed. I applied back in October and haven't heard a thing.

:( the last thing i got from them was a letter saying "thank you for application" and then telling me to checkout their website and such... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me too. Have you heard back yet?

I was just taken off the wait list today and have been accepted, so there is hope for people in my situation/ have not heard back yet!

$174,000!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

FOr me it's coming out to around 100, but if you're able to live at home it works out since cost of living in the city is expensive. UIC's tuition is appealing though haha

I'm a second year Midwestern student and I think my total loan amount is going to come out to around 100k. :dead: Still horrendous, but definitely not as bad as that 174k amount. I was fortunate enough to have some savings from undergrad, and the school does offer work-study and a few scholarships. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, and for those of you still waiting to hear, I hope you receive good news!

I was just taken off the wait list today and have been accepted, so there is hope for people in my situation/ have not heard back yet!
Congrats! i was placed on their alternate list and got into Midwestern Az and two other programs.

FOr me it's coming out to around 100, but if you're able to live at home it works out since cost of living in the city is expensive. UIC's tuition is appealing though haha

It's cheaper than in the burbs.
My apt downtown was 475 a person. Now I'm paying like 700 in the burbs.

I got rejected yesterday... AGAIN. So frustrating because I didn't want to leave IL but it looks like I'm moving to DC where I got in. Maybe it will be a good thing because the program I got into is a bit cheaper. Things happen for a reason and I can't say I didn't try. Good luck everyone!! I hear great things about this program!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from Midwestern recently? I have not heard anything (no supplemental application or interview invite) which must mean that I have been rejected but it's driving me crazy that they haven't said anything yet. For those that have received denials, did they email you or update their website? I just need closure lol

I knew Midwestern was expensive but I didn't realize it was $100k just for tuition.

@ot.3277 Did you not apply to UIC?

Does anyone have an insight about whether its worth the cost or not? I am going back and forth. It is a rather hefty amount. The paperwork I got from them was $103,00 for tuition alone. I will likely have to take out money to live etc as I do not have the option to live at home. Really tough decision to make.

I knew Midwestern was expensive but I didn't realize it was $100k just for tuition.

@ot.3277 Did you not apply to UIC?

No, I never ended up finishing the supplemental essay when I heard back from MWU. MWU was my top choice because its 10 mins from my house, and I'd still be able to take care of my grandparents instead of a FT caregiver which we calculated ended up breaking even/costing my family a little less in the long run than an apartment and tuition down town. I think thats why a lot of midwestern students who attend are commuters from the chicago suburbs because they're able to live at home

Last edited:
No, I never ended up finishing the supplemental essay when I heard back from MWU. MWU was my top choice because its 10 mins from my house, and I'd still be able to take care of my grandparents instead of a FT caregiver which we calculated ended up breaking even/costing my family a little less in the long run than an apartment and tuition down town. I think thats why a lot of midwestern students who attend are commuters from the chicago suburbs because they're able to live at home
do you know if there's a fb page for our cohort?

I haven't seen one yet ! Let me know if either of you find out about one :)

Has anyone heard from Midwestern recently? I have not heard anything (no supplemental application or interview invite) which must mean that I have been rejected but it's driving me crazy that they haven't said anything yet. For those that have received denials, did they email you or update their website? I just need closure lol
I kept emailing them. Finally they told me that I just didn't make the cut for an interview. They never posted anything on my portal page. All I received were emails about financial aid which led me to believe I had a chance at an interview. Good luck in the process! I know that they are still interviewing so maybe you will hear something soon!

I kept emailing them. Finally they told me that I just didn't make the cut for an interview. They never posted anything on my portal page. All I received were emails about financial aid which led me to believe I had a chance at an interview. Good luck in the process! I know that they are still interviewing so maybe you will hear something soon!

Hey guys, someone made a fb group if you haven't already seen it. It's Midwestern University Occupational Therapy Class of 2018 or something like that :)

Just curious, what were your stats? GPA, GRE, hours of volunteer, etc.

Just curious, what were your stats? GPA, GRE, hours of volunteer, etc.

Hey JOWS6, I've posted before but it's probably buried in my comments thread. I had 3.86, 156Q 157V 4.5W (?), and upwards of 800hrs I think. Most were at the same hospital (RIC) on different specializing floors and through work. You don't need that many hours, but I had easy access to it so I figured why not. If you're in the Chicago area I can link you to places I volunteered/worked that were relevant I thought

Last edited:
I'm a second year Midwestern student and I think my total loan amount is going to come out to around 100k. :dead: Still horrendous, but definitely not as bad as that 174k amount. I was fortunate enough to have some savings from undergrad, and the school does offer work-study and a few scholarships. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted, and for those of you still waiting to hear, I hope you receive good news!
Are you on or off campus? And if off how far away are you and what's traffic like in the am? Thanks!

Hey guys, someone made a fb group if you haven't already seen it. It's Midwestern University Occupational Therapy Class of 2018 or something like that :)
The only one I found was for Az campus... Can you post the link?

Does anyone know when Midwestern usually starts the interview process? My application was completed on 8/16/16 and I'm hoping to get pulled for the first round of interviews :dead:

Has anyone recieve and invite to interview for Midwestern ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone recieve and invite to interview for Midwestern ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got an interview for the AZ campus in October. I just applied to the IL campus last week but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I'm waitlisted for the AZ campus, nothing from the IL campus yet :/

Bumping this post! If you plan on attending, join the Facebook group! Cannot wait to meet you all! :)

I'm interviewing on Monday! Any tips? And what did you love about it??

I'm interviewing on Monday! Any tips? And what did you love about it??

I absolutely LOVED the campus and faculty. The moment you come to campus, you will realize why the tuition is so expensive. They have AMAZING facilities.

On the day of your interview, you will be interviewed by two faculty members. They have looked at your application before, so they will ask specific questions about your personal statement and experiences! Just be kind, and show them how passionate you are about occupational therapy!

I absolutely LOVED the campus and faculty. The moment you come to campus, you will realize why the tuition is so expensive. They have AMAZING facilities.

On the day of your interview, you will be interviewed by two faculty members. They have looked at your application before, so they will ask specific questions about your personal statement and experiences! Just be kind, and show them how passionate you are about occupational therapy!
Thank you so much!! I am excited and really looking forward to it!

I haven't even heard back from Midwestern IL. Is that a bad sign that I probably didn't get in?

After your interview, how quickly did you hear back?

Thank you! I got a phone call yesterday letting me know I was accepted!