General Admissions & OTCAS Midwestern IL 2016-2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureKidOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I figured we should start a new thread for Midwestern.

So today I got pulled for an interview for October 31st! :soexcited:

I received an email from the admissions office and was given instructions to schedule via the online portal. For those who have interviewed with them, do you have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I figured we should start a new thread for Midwestern.

So today I got pulled for an interview for October 31st! :soexcited:

I received an email from the admissions office and was given instructions to schedule via the online portal. For those who have interviewed with them, do you have any advice?

Congrats! I applied there a couple weeks ago and I hope I get an interview :)

Congrats! I applied there a couple weeks ago and I hope I get an interview :)

Thank you! I applied super early, so I bet you will hear soon! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have not heard back yet, I got a little more information last night at an open house about interviews...

Basically, they will be having three interviews a month (the first ones are at the end of October and beginning of November) and will have ten prospective students at each interview. I'm not sure if they have filled all the spots for this round, but I know they will be pulling more people for the end of November and beginning of December. So if you have not heard back, it's not a bad thing!

For those who have not heard back yet, I got a little more information last night at an open house about interviews...

Basically, they will be having three interviews a month (the first ones are at the end of October and beginning of November) and will have ten prospective students at each interview. I'm not sure if they have filled all the spots for this round, but I know they will be pulling more people for the end of November and beginning of December. So if you have not heard back, it's not a bad thing!

That's great that you could go to the Open House. Any other info that you learned about the program/facilities/anything really, lol?

That's great that you could go to the Open House. Any other info that you learned about the program/facilities/anything really, lol?

They just did a presentation about what is mainly on the website (pre-reqs, what the program will entail, etc.) Really no new info. However I did meet some of the faculty members and the program director and they were all AWESOME! They really want students to learn!

Ahhhh hoping that I get called for an interview!

Now that the interview day is coming up quick, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I've heard the interview is prettty relaxed for the most part. Anyone have any tips though???

Now that the interview day is coming up quick, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I've heard the interview is prettty relaxed for the most part. Anyone have any tips though???

How did your interview go?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did your interview go?

Hi BeOT! It went okay, thanks! I thought I did great on the 30 minute interview, but I'm a little worried about my performance on the 15 minute one. They asked us some tough questions in that one! Do you have your interview there today?

Hi BeOT! It went okay, thanks! I thought I did great on the 30 minute interview, but I'm a little worried about my performance on the 15 minute one. They asked us some tough questions in that one! Do you have your interview there today?

Yes it was today. I feel like it went well. Did you hear back from them?

Yes it was today. I feel like it went well. Did you hear back from them?

No. They said it would be 1-2 weeks till we heard. What did they say to your group about when you'll hear?

I was really impressed! I thought the professors I met were really warm and friendly.

Me too! I'm definitely going to accept if I'm offered a spot. I'm glad your interview went well :smuggrin:

I have applied and received an e-mail that my application is complete. I am waiting for further instructions! :)

I had my interview on Halloween and none of us have heard back yet. I think I am going to lose my mind :eek:

My application was received 10/20 and I still haven't heard anything!

I'll DEFINITELY be attending! Can't wait to meet the rest of the class!!!

I will also be attending! Let me know if anyone needs a roommate because I'll be coming from out of state

I just got an interview for January! So excited!

Reactions: 2 users
GPA:3.7
Prereq: 3.5
Over 350 hours of observation in multiple settings.
I am also in a research lab. And I currently work as an ABA therapist.

I just applied today! How long did it take for them to get back to you on invitations for interviews?
Fingers crossed!