Midwestern - Glendale DPT Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tott42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if there's already a thread for this, but I wanted to create one for those who have accepted their offer to Midwestern's DPT program in AZ starting this summer! Feel free to introduce yourself and ask any questions.

My name is Taylor and I'm coming all the way from Scranton, Pennsylvania. Where else is everyone coming from?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey!

My name is Megan, I'm originally from Illinois, went to undergrad at Eastern Michigan, but I now live in Glendale just three miles from Midwestern's campus! I'm super excited for classes to start in a few months :)

Hey everyone,

Jeff is here! I'm born in raised in arizona and actually grew up in the neighborhood right next to Midwestern! I've been able to watch this university grow into the beautiful campus we have today

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice to meet you guys! I actually lived in Avondale for a year when I was younger, and I've been out to AZ a couple times since so I have somewhat of a feel for what it's like out there. Can't wait for the warm weather haha.

I can't wait to start either, just trying to get through these next couple of months haha. So I assume you guys will be commuting to campus since you guys live really close? I applied for the on-campus housing, but I know that fills up pretty fast so we'll see.

Did Midwestern send you guys an acceptance email? I've not heard from them since my interview on 11/11/16. Lol...

Did Midwestern send you guys an acceptance email? I've not heard from them since my interview on 11/11/16. Lol...

I interviewed around then too. I got a call and an email a couple weeks ago.

Nice to meet you guys! I actually lived in Avondale for a year when I was younger, and I've been out to AZ a couple times since so I have somewhat of a feel for what it's like out there. Can't wait for the warm weather haha.

I can't wait to start either, just trying to get through these next couple of months haha. So I assume you guys will be commuting to campus since you guys live really close? I applied for the on-campus housing, but I know that fills up pretty fast so we'll see.
Yeah, I'll be commuting to campus. I don't live right next to it anymore (that was my dad's house) but I'm still really close. Maybe a 10 minute drive at most. Our lease is up in November and I think we will move closer to campus around then.

Maybe consider the apartments around campus? There are countless ones within walking distance, and I haven't heard the best in regards to the on campus apartments

Yeah, I'll be commuting to campus. I don't live right next to it anymore (that was my dad's house) but I'm still really close. Maybe a 10 minute drive at most. Our lease is up in November and I think we will move closer to campus around then.

Maybe consider the apartments around campus? There are countless ones within walking distance, and I haven't heard the best in regards to the on campus apartments
Yeah I might check out some apartments during my spring break if I don't end up getting on campus housing. What have you heard about the campus apartments? I only really went off of the info on the website about them and what I got from the interview day.

Yeah I might check out some apartments during my spring break if I don't end up getting on campus housing. What have you heard about the campus apartments? I only really went off of the info on the website about them and what I got from the interview day.
I've just heard that they are kind of plain and small. I've never looked at them myself, but I know the ones across the street are really nice. They can be pricey, but hey we are already breaking the bank so what's the difference

Oh so it is the same school? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same school, but you have to apply and interview separately to them. They might have different admission criteria too in terms of minimum GPA and GRE scores, but I'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just heard that they are kind of plain and small. I've never looked at them myself, but I know the ones across the street are really nice. They can be pricey, but hey we are already breaking the bank so what's the difference
Yeah I opted for the normal 2 bedroom one which came out to be the cheapest. I figured I'd deal with the on campus housing for the first year if I get it, and then look for apartments elsewhere.

Interviewing tomorrow! Any last minute tips from those of you accepted already??

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing tomorrow! Any last minute tips from those of you accepted already??
I would say go with what first comes to your mind for your responses and be as real as you can be. Take some time to gather your thoughts if you need to, but don't overthink the questions. Also make sure to have a genuine response for "why Midwestern?" And be confident in your responses and yourself! You've made it this far for an interview, so obviously you've got what they're looking for. If you're in a group interview, don't be alarmed if someone else takes your answer. Instead, feed off of his or her response and add your own personal touch to it. Instead of competing with the other person, work with them to come to a solid response. Also have one or two questions prepared to ask after the interview. Good luck!

I wonder how many seat they have left to fill? I expect that a few more are going to open up due to NAU's interviews finishing and pulling a few students out of Midwestern

Reactions: 1 user

Congratulations on getting interviewed Skad Dad! Any feedback on how was the interview and your group in particular? Any word from the interviewers or admissions what to expect from here on now? Thank you very much and Good Luck to you and your group!

For those of you who got accepted, have you guys/gals work out financial aid yet? Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I was accepted to Midwestern back in October and put my deposit down in January but I am wait listed at NAU and waiting to hear.

Who else was accepted at the Glendale campus?

Congratulations on getting interviewed Skad Dad! Any feedback on how was the interview and your group in particular? Any word from the interviewers or admissions what to expect from here on now? Thank you very much and Good Luck to you and your group!

For those of you who got accepted, have you guys/gals work out financial aid yet? Thanks again!
I'm working on the financial aid now, I've been trying to get in touch with the financial aid office to ask some questions but I can't get ahold of them. I completed the FAFSA but I'm unsure which loan to apply for, either the MWU loan or the Plus loan. Have you or anyone else figured out what you're doing?

Hi everyone! I was accepted to Midwestern back in October and put my deposit down in January but I am wait listed at NAU and waiting to hear.

Who else was accepted at the Glendale campus?
Hey! I got accepted in October as well. What's your first choice?

I'm working on the financial aid now, I've been trying to get in touch with the financial aid office to ask some questions but I can't get ahold of them. I completed the FAFSA but I'm unsure which loan to apply for, either the MWU loan or the Plus loan. Have you or anyone else figured out what you're doing?
Here is a link from another thread and mentions what loans to possibly take....
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/best-way-to-pay-for-pt-school.1243437/#post-18651087

Hey! I got accepted in October as well. What's your first choice?

My first choice is NAU because it is shorter and cheaper. But I'm still excited to go to Midwestern if not!

Does anyone know a time frame on when we need to apply for loans before the program starts? I'm trying to wait in case I hear from NAU...

My first choice is NAU because it is shorter and cheaper. But I'm still excited to go to Midwestern if not!

Does anyone know a time frame on when we need to apply for loans before the program starts? I'm trying to wait in case I hear from NAU...
On the portal it says the priority deadline is Friday, March 17. Any apps submitted after that will be considered for financial aid based on the availability of funds.

Where were you placed on NAU's waitlist if you don't mind me asking? One of my friends is waiting there as well. I didn't even get waitlisted there, which honestly was a huge shock to me. I think most of their movement has already happened now, but I'm sure there are still a few that will go elsewhere. hopefully you were high on the list

Thanks! I decided to apply for the Grad Plus loan, now just have to wait and see...
I went with the PLUS loan as well. The MWU loan is attractive because it has a slightly lower interest rate and no origination fee, but the more I read up on it I just decided that the federal route gave me more flexibility down the road. I think one of their loan comparison PDF's is out of date as well; it read that the PLUS loan had a 7 something percent interest when it shows it to be a low 6 percent rate on the fafsa website for our coming year

Hi everyone!

I will also be attending MWU this summer! I'm a Phoenix native and did my undergrad at Grand Canyon University. I live about 15 minutes away from campus so I will be commuting as well. I am so excited to get started and meet you all this summer!

Hi everyone!

I will also be attending MWU this summer! I'm a Phoenix native and did my undergrad at Grand Canyon University. I live about 15 minutes away from campus so I will be commuting as well. I am so excited to get started and meet you all this summer!
Did you have the interview in 2016 or this month? Just gauging what and when to expect any response after an interview. Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you have the interview in 2016 or this month? Just gauging when to expect any response after an interview. Thanks!

In 2016. My interview was mid-November and I was accepted around the middle of December

Where were you placed on NAU's waitlist if you don't mind me asking? One of my friends is waiting there as well. I didn't even get waitlisted there, which honestly was a huge shock to me. I think most of their movement has already happened now, but I'm sure there are still a few that will go elsewhere. hopefully you were high on the list

I'm 19! And from what I heard they've already moved through 17... So I'm trying to wait to sign anything for Midwestern. I heard deposits were due again today so I'm hoping to hear within the next week.

On the portal it says the priority deadline is Friday, March 17. Any apps submitted after that will be considered for financial aid based on the availability of funds.

Thank you so much!

I'm 19! And from what I heard they've already moved through 17... So I'm trying to wait to sign anything for Midwestern. I heard deposits were due again today so I'm hoping to hear within the next week.

I got into NAU! So once they receive my deposit I will be withdrawing from Midwestern. Good luck everyone!

If any female is looking for a roommate, message me! I'm not looking for one, but a girl I interviewed with is :)

I got into NAU! So once they receive my deposit I will be withdrawing from Midwestern. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations SWsundevil! Hopefully opened up a spot for someone! Does anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted from the alternate list at this time? How can someone increase their chances of getting in? Thank you!

Congratulations SWsundevil! Hopefully opened up a spot for someone! Does anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted from the alternate list at this time? How can someone increase their chances of getting in? Thank you!

From my understanding, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to admissions and see if there's anything else you can do/provide. It also helps to know someone attending the program that could favorably speak to your ability to contribute to the incoming group.

I got into NAU l, so I'm declining my spot on the waitlist to interview. Maybe this will help you too :)

Good luck

Hi, all!
My name is Taylor and I'm coming alllll the way from Florida! Can't wait to meet everyone! Where are you planning on living?

Anybody from the very first round of interviews accepting? Just curious if any of my fellow interviewees will be joining me!

From my understanding, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to admissions and see if there's anything else you can do/provide. It also helps to know someone attending the program that could favorably speak to your ability to contribute to the incoming group.

I got into NAU l, so I'm declining my spot on the waitlist to interview. Maybe this will help you too :)

Good luck
Thank you very much and Good Luck at NAU!

Hey guys and gals! So last week I got a letter in the mail saying I was put on the alternate list for class of 2020 admission. I figured my chance of acceptance at that point was basically zero. This morning I received a call and was told I GOT IN! Very, very excited to start class this summer and meet the rest of you who have been accepted. To those who haven't heard from admissions yet or who have also been named alternates, stay optimistic!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations Skad Dad! Really good news that you got in and gives hope to those in the alternate list! I know they state that they have an unranked alternate list but any ideas on how many more seats they are looking at? Thanks and have a great week!

Does any one have any idea how full the class is at this point? I was just emailed to come out for one of their last 2 interview dates, however I don't really want to waste money on a trip out to hear there's no to little seats left (I did this already for a school, and had I known at the time they only had 2 seats in the class left & we were basically interviewing for wait list seats, I wouldn't have made the trip).

Does any one have any idea how full the class is at this point? I was just emailed to come out for one of their last 2 interview dates, however I don't really want to waste money on a trip out to hear there's no to little seats left (I did this already for a school, and had I known at the time they only had 2 seats in the class left & we were basically interviewing for wait list seats, I wouldn't have made the trip).

I can't confidently say how full their class is, but, since they start in May, I would assume it's at least pretty close. However, it's probably still worth a shot if you don't have an acceptance yet. When I went for my interview, they said that they go through their waitlist pretty extensively. Side note: I'm high on the waitlist for my first choice so there's a good chance I'm going to give up my spot.

Hey everyone in class of 2020! Currently looking for roommates next year to save $$$$. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Hello all! My name is Matt, I was born and raised in Phx AZ and live about 4 miles from campus. I interviewed with the first group (I recognize a few of your names from that group also.) I look forward to meeting the rest of you!

I can't confidently say how full their class is, but, since they start in May, I would assume it's at least pretty close. However, it's probably still worth a shot if you don't have an acceptance yet. When I went for my interview, they said that they go through their waitlist pretty extensively. Side note: I'm high on the waitlist for my first choice so there's a good chance I'm going to give up my spot.

I ended up withdrawing my application. I already have 2 acceptances closer to home (and one is really my top choice). I would have loved to have gone out, but the cost of the trip just didn't make sense at this point in the cycle. Good luck to every one accepted!