Midwestern Glendale Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm applying this summer but hopefully it won't be any harder.
Don't stress, just do what you can to separate yourself from the rest of the applicants. If you can gain experience between now and fall that might be better than applying early this summer with no experience. You wouldn't be able to gain admission until June 2017 anyways.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how long after interview you know if you were accepted / rejected??

Last edited:
Don't stress, just do what you can to separate yourself from the rest of the applicants. If you can gain experience between now and fall that might be better than applying early this summer with no experience. You wouldn't be able to gain admission until June 2017 anyways.
I'm working as a pharm tech the beginning of next month. Do you think that applying early with less experience might be better than applying late? I mean it's just a difference of couple months.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working as a pharm tech the beginning of next month. Do you think that applying early with less experience might be better than applying late? I mean it's just a difference of couple months.

I suggest applying earlier to the school so you can get the interview asap. Early in the cycle, you don't have that much competition so your chances of getting the interview are higher. As long as you have something to talk about working as a tech during the interview, you'll be fine. I didn't have any extracurricular on my application, but I did manage to get some volunteer hours in an outpatient pharmacy for a month before the interview. I submitted my application on 11/1 and interviewed 12/17. Good luck :)

There's no correct answer and everyone is different. I have 0 retail experience, absolutely none, not even a second. I do not want to work in retail though. What I did do, which I believed help me was that I interviewed about 5 different people with PharmD degrees and asked them about how they use it in their specific field. I interviewed a hospital pharmacist, retail, research scientist, teacher and person in industry. Explaining that I made the extra effort to research helped.

I withdraw my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
So if I submit my application early around september would it be better?

So if I submit my application early around september would it be better?
The earlier, the better, but at the same time, quality is still the most important factor. Keep in mind that MWU is PharmCAS application only (no supplemental). Also, some programs have the early decision program which increases your odds even more.

Anyone know if we have to submit background check on certiphi website? I thought we only had to fill out form for background check on MWU portal.. Certiphi has already sent me like 3 emails and i have been ignoring them lol

Anyone know if we have to submit background check on certiphi website? I thought we only had to fill out form for background check on MWU portal.. Certiphi has already sent me like 3 emails and i have been ignoring them lol

I believe that ceriphi is the agency that runs background check and shows the result to schools. So you should not ignore them and do whatever they make you to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that ceriphi is the agency that runs background check and shows the result to schools. So you should not ignore them and do whatever they make you to do.
Do you know if we get multiple acceptances, do we have to run the background check multiple times?
Still deciding between two.

Do you know if we get multiple acceptances, do we have to run the background check multiple times?
Still deciding between two.

I am not 100% sure but I think the result from certiphi is available to schools under PharmCAS system. I got multiple acceptance but didn't get additional emails from certiphi.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks , just did it!!

I just did mine, too!
Did you do anything else yet?
What do you mean? I think i have done all required steps for FA, sent transcripts from previous school.. Still need to physicals, and titers, i don't think i need to get any vaccination. Most likely, i wont be getting health insurance from school.

What do you mean? I think i have done all required steps for FA, sent transcripts from previous school.. Still need to physicals, and titers, i don't think i need to get any vaccination. Most likely, i wont be getting health insurance from school.
I'm in the process of all this too. Just got my TDAP and influenza shots. Starting 2nd step PPD for tuberculosis, physical, and titers tomorrow. *fingers crossed* I won't need any more vaccinations either.

Heeeeeeeey, college of vet med class of 2020 here, stopping in to say hello:hello: congrats on acceptance and see y'all on campus in a few months:claps:

Yes , interview on 10/ 10 . How was it ? What did they ask ?
Congrats! It wasn't that bad. Everyone was super nice and made you feel at ease. You get there and receive an essay that you have to work on during your downtime. It was a 3-on-1 interview, and they asked about different aspects of pharmacy. Stay calm, stay confident, and be yourself. Unless you say something like "I don't like pharmacy" or can't communicate effectively, you should be fine. Good luck!! :)

What do u mean when they asked about different aspects of Pharmacy?

What do u mean when they asked about different aspects of Pharmacy?
Thanks! So the main one is asking why pharmacy? And other questions will branch off of that one. Also, the interviewers know nothing about you except for your name. They have no access to your files, so everything they ask will be related to what you tell them about yourself.

Thanks! So the main one is asking why pharmacy? And other questions will branch off of that one. Also, the interviewers know nothing about you except for your name. They have no access to your files, so everything they ask will be related to what you tell them about yourself.
Could you elaborate more on specific questions they asked during the interview? I am scheduled to interview 9/30

Could you elaborate more on specific questions they asked during the interview? I am scheduled to interview 9/30
Thanks for the info !

Congrats and good luck!! Honestly, it varied depending on what the applicant told them. They started out with "Why pharmacy," and based on that answer, asked you additional questions. I talked about my pharmacy experience, so they asked me questions relating to that. Not everyone in my group were asked the same questions. If you don't know the answer right away to a question they ask, it's ok to take a moment and think. I had to do that for literally every question they asked me. They try and allot about 10 minutes per applicant, which comprised them asking you questions, and at the end you could ask questions as well. I just don't want to give out too much info just in case that the interview doesn't turn out the same way for you as it did for me, but you've already won over half the battle just being invited to the interview.
Do u have any idea how the school and curriculum is since it's a 3 yr Prg ?
They have shorter breaks than other 4 year programs and don't have a full summer break. I think it said it was only like a 2 week break. The curriculum is really unique. They take an organ-based approach, where they will teach about each organ and then talk about the diseases of that organ and what medication will be used to treat that organ, rather than splitting everything up into pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, physiology, etc. I know for me that that setup would allow me to make connections easier rather than trying to make connections on my own among all the classes.

Check your Midwestern account, you'll find out there if you got in before the school tells you themselves
I just checked but there's nothing there. So, I was wondering if anyone heard about getting denied or waitlisted?

I just checked but there's nothing there. So, I was wondering if anyone heard about getting denied or waitlisted?

Are your PCAT scores in Pharmcas? If the scores are not in Pharmcas yet, they will not make any decision until they get them.
I was at the 09/30 interview as well and am waiting for my early September PCAT scores to load up so they can decide. It's annoying, but pearson (pcat people) said that the scores will be done on or before 10/14.

Are your PCAT scores in Pharmcas? If the scores are not in Pharmcas yet, they will not make any decision until they get them.
I was at the 09/30 interview as well and am waiting for my early September PCAT scores to load up so they can decide. It's annoying, but pearson (pcat people) said that the scores will be done on or before 10/14.
How was the interview? Was it a group one? I have mine on 10/10 . A little nervous .

How was the interview? Was it a group one? I have mine on 10/10 . A little nervous .
The interview was pretty short. I think they give each interviewee like 10-15 minutes, if I remember correctly. They were friendly and did their best to make you feel comfortable. It's a 3-on-1 interview. There is a faculty member, a preceptor and a student that is present at the interview. Good luck!! :D

It was very relaxed. The panel for me was a couple of faculty and a third year student. The interview itself was more of a conversation for the most part. One of my interviewers was reading from her notes to ask questions, but the other two were just asking questions based off of my previous answers.
The essay you have to write was more of something to do as you waited, so no need to stress that. The tour was nice and I love the campus!
My advice would be to just relax and be yourself. The stress level is low on this part. Enjoy!

It was very relaxed. The panel for me was a couple of faculty and a third year student. The interview itself was more of a conversation for the most part. One of my interviewers was reading from her notes to ask questions, but the other two were just asking questions based off of my previous answers.
The essay you have to write was more of something to do as you waited, so no need to stress that. The tour was nice and I love the campus!
My advice would be to just relax and be yourself. The stress level is low on this part. Enjoy!
Thank you very much.

What kind of writing prompt do they usually give?
They give you two prompts to choose from, and they aren't hard at all. I think it had to be around 100 words. I'm sure you'll do jut fine. In my interview group, everyone was able to finish by the time interviews started.

For the interview, 3 people interview 1 applicant? Or is it a group interview where multiple applicants take turns answering?
For the questions, are they mostly questions regarding why pharmacy and tell me about yourself types? Or do they also have ethical scenario questions?
How long do they usually take before notifying of reject/waitlist/offer?

Good luck to everyone!!

For the interview, 3 people interview 1 applicant? Or is it a group interview where multiple applicants take turns answering?
For the questions, are they mostly questions regarding why pharmacy and tell me about yourself types? Or do they also have ethical scenario questions?
How long do they usually take before notifying of reject/waitlist/offer?

Good luck to everyone!!
For the interview, 3 people interview 1 applicant.
The questions are mostly why pharmacy and tell me about when... They mainly asked questions based off the answer I gave them.
For me, I found out before I walked out of the door, they updated my midwestern page that quickly. But I wouldn't be disappointed if you don't find out as quickly as I did. They can take up to a couple weeks sometimes. Good luck!! :)

For the interview, 3 people interview 1 applicant.
The questions are mostly why pharmacy and tell me about when... They mainly asked questions based off the answer I gave them.
For me, I found out before I walked out of the door, they updated my midwestern page that quickly. But I wouldn't be disappointed if you don't find out as quickly as I did. They can take up to a couple weeks sometimes. Good luck!! :)
Wow really?! You must be a really likable person that is enjoyable to talk to. I hope that I do good, but I get so nervous! Being head of household adds so much more weight on my shoulders. Thanks for the good luck and congratulations!

Wow really?! You must be a really likable person that is enjoyable to talk to. I hope that I do good, but I get so nervous! Being head of household adds so much more weight on my shoulders. Thanks for the good luck and congratulations!
Haha I felt like my answers were a bit short. At the end, they kinda looked at each other and was like, ok, we have time to ask you another question, which I answered, and then they looked at each other again and were just like, oh, we still have time! I'm sure you'll do great :)

Wow ! That's pretty quick . Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions. Will update my status after my interview tomorrow .