Midwestern Glendale Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here I got wait listed today, have they been wait listing for a long time, or do you think there's hope? ....*fingers crossed *

I heard they keep people on waitlist until very end may be like April/ may. There was a guy at my work who got in after he was waitlisted. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here I got wait listed today, have they been wait listing for a long time, or do you think there's hope? ....*fingers crossed *
i think there is!!! a lot of people get waitlisted for midwestern... from what i hear.

hi, do you guys have any experiences with hotels or where to live around the campus? any good one to pick?
I am gonna have interview with them and have to fly from California to Arizona.

hi, do you guys have any experiences with hotels or where to live around the campus? any good one to pick?
I am gonna have interview with them and have to fly from California to Arizona.

I'm from CA too! I stayed at Country Inn & Suites when I went there for my interview in October. I think I paid about $80 or $90 for the one night. They're really nice and rooms are really clean. They offer a free shuttle service that you can use to go shop or get food (and even to your interview the next morning) if you don't want to rent a car.

I think MWU also gives you a list of nearby hotels and discounts. You should take a look! Country Inn was the best deal at the time for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm from CA too! I stayed at Country Inn & Suites when I went there for my interview in October. I think I paid about $80 or $90 for the one night. They're really nice and rooms are really clean. They offer a free shuttle service that you can use to go shop or get food (and even to your interview the next morning) if you don't want to rent a car.

I think MWU also gives you a list of nearby hotels and discounts. You should take a look! Country Inn was the best deal at the time for me.
wow, Thanks for your info. Do we need to bring any documents or anythings to the interview?

wow, Thanks for your info. Do we need to bring any documents or anythings to the interview?

I brought a padfolio with a notepad, pen, and pencil. They give you folders with handouts in them, and provide pencils for your essay. You won't really need anything unless you hate using wooden pencils like me. :p

I brought a padfolio with a notepad, pen, and pencil. They give you folders with handouts in them, and provide pencils for your essay. You won't really need anything unless you hate using wooden pencils like me. :p

I didn't need any of it, but I brought a Manila envelope with sealed official copies of all my transcripts, a copy of my official PCAT scores, 3 copies of my CV (one for each interviewer), and a printed copy of my PharmCAS application. I also brought two pens in case one stopped working which ended up being a smart idea because the pen they gave me stopped working part way through my essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on 12/4 can anyone elaborate on how to prepare for the essay portion of the interview? I would gladly appreciate it!

I have an interview on 12/4 can anyone elaborate on how to prepare for the essay portion of the interview? I would gladly appreciate it!

Just show up. Nothing really to prep for. They want to see if you can think on your feet but you have plenty of time to think and write.

Hi guys! Did anyone interview for November 20th and hear back yet for the Glendale location? Still waiting, but kinda thinking its because of the holidays? Not sure if they only make decisions on Fridays for the Glendale location? Any input is greatly appreciated:)

There's really no way to prepare for the essay. It will likely be a random open-ended question that won't require too much writing (though you'll have plenty of time for it). I think they just want to see your thought process and whether or not you can write some coherent sentences. :p I honestly don't think the essay that big of a deal in terms of your admission decision, so just focus on acing that interview.

Hi guys! Did anyone interview for November 20th and hear back yet for the Glendale location? Still waiting, but kinda thinking its because of the holidays? Not sure if they only make decisions on Fridays for the Glendale location? Any input is greatly appreciated:)

I think they usually take a week to make a decision, but you're right about the holidays. You'll find out soon! Can always call them too.

hey guys! Do you know how to find roommates for off campus?

hey guys! Do you know how to find roommates for off campus?

I'm thinking the class of 2019 would eventually make a facebook page where we can meet people and find potential roommates? I'm going to be moving from CA so I'm wondering the same thing...

Yeah, I have no idea how roommates work. I hope they do make a Facebook page soon!

Last edited:
So i got email to make an account last week.. There i saw that they were waiting for my PCAT score. So finally today, they received it and now my app is complete. I have been checking my portal every hour to see update. I am so nervous as my PCAT score is horrible.. How long did it take for you guys to get admission update, specially if you were to get wait listed or denied???

Btw, while talking to admission, i let them know that i am retaking PCAT in jan and they made note of it. I was wondering if they will put my app on hold for new score..:(

Does anyone who got accepted already mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone who got accepted already mind sharing your stats?
I had a ~2.8cGPA (brought down by a couple bad years during undergrad, but my last year I had ~3.8), 98 on my PCAT, 2+ years tech experience at a hospital, research experience & 3 good LORs. Good luck !!

Reactions: 3 users
I had a ~2.8cGPA (brought down by a couple bad years during undergrad, but my last year I had ~3.8), 98 on my PCAT, 2+ years tech experience at a hospital, research experience & 3 good LORs. Good luck !!
Did you recently applied or in early in app cycle??

Did you recently applied or in early in app cycle??
They received my application on 10/5, contacted me for an interview on 10/15. I interviewed on the 19th and was accepted on the 23rd.

They received my application on 10/5, contacted me for an interview on 10/15. I interviewed on the 19th and was accepted on the 23rd.
Did you get email for invite or you came to know from portal? So they take one week or so to send out invites to people after receiving app?

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Did you get email for invite or you came to know from portal? So they take one week or so to send out invites to people after receiving app?

Congrats on your acceptance!!
Thank you! They emailed my invitation for an interview. Yes that's what I'm guessing, but it might be longer now that it's later in the application cycle.

Anyone here plan on applying for on-campus housing?

anyone from the interview date 12/4 hear back yet??

how did they contact you for acceptance?

Once you're accepted, you'll see an Accepted Student Checklist on the portal. They'll officially email you about your acceptance a few days later. It took about a week for me to hear back after my interview with them.

Once you're accepted, you'll see an Accepted Student Checklist on the portal. They'll officially email you about your acceptance a few days later. It took about a week for me to hear back after my interview with them.

I see...thank you for your reply!! Today has been a week since my interview and I'm just so nervous to hear back!!

Anyone had their app submitted recently and heard from MWU? Its been week i haven't heard anything from them. I check my portal everyday and so do my mail , but nothing. I am worried :(...

Anyone had their app submitted recently and heard from MWU? Its been week i haven't heard anything from them. I check my portal everyday and so do my mail , but nothing. I am worried :(...

Have you tried calling them to check your status? That's strange that you haven't heard anything.

Midwestern received my complete application 12/7 and I was offered an interview 12/8! I accepted and scheduled the interview for Jan 29. Hopefully they still have some spots open!

Just withdrew my application today. Good luck everyone ;)

Doesn't really matter because I was on the alternate list, but I pulled my app last week. Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

Anyone looking to live off campus? I am looking for a roommate, don't really want to live with more than 1 other but am open to ideas. Looking to move late April/Early May.

Have you tried calling them to check your status? That's strange that you haven't heard anything.

I just called and they told me i was put on waitlist and they will be waiting for my new PCAT score from JAN 2016..Hopefully then i will be able to get interview..

I just called and they told me i was put on waitlist and they will be waiting for my new PCAT score from JAN 2016..Hopefully then i will be able to get interview..
I think they wait to see my second PCAT score as well. I e-submitted my application on 12/2 and GPA was verified on 12/10. I received their email said that my application is complete on 12/12 then today (12/14) they emailed me to create an account. I haven't received an invitation for the interview yet.

Ooh, when I checked my portal, it said I have been invited an interview then I scheduled mine from my portal.

Ooh, when I checked my portal, it said I have been invited an interview then I scheduled mine from my portal.
Nice! What date are you choosing? Choose ASAP, they fill up FAST!!!!!

Actually i was looking at other post and though you might be invited soon.. Haha, congrats..