Midwestern Glendale Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvi3569

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am not sure if there is already a thread for the 2016 applicants but I haven't seen one yet.

I have an intervew with them in Sept and I am wondering if anyone know how to get the discount for the super shuttle. I tried to use their link with a code for $2/way to/from the airport but when I was at the checkout page, the costs were full priced. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Just give them a call, that's what I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
How soon after applying did you hear from them for an interview? I haven't submitted my pharmcas yet but plan to in the next week or so.

How soon after applying did you hear from them for an interview? I haven't submitted my pharmcas yet but plan to in the next week or so.

pretty quick...probably within a week after your application is complete

Hi,
I am not sure if there is already a thread for the 2016 applicants but I haven't seen one yet.

I have an intervew with them in Sept and I am wondering if anyone know how to get the discount for the super shuttle. I tried to use their link with a code for $2/way to/from the airport but when I was at the checkout page, the costs were full priced. Thanks in advance!

What day are you interviewing?? I've got an interview with them on Sept 4th!!

I got in from the 9/11 interviews if anybody has questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats man! Did you get any email from them saying thank you for attending the interview or no?

Yeah, its funny because they send the email after the phone call. In the email it had only said we'll notify you of our decision. Did you also apply?

I couldn't find the link for the supplemental application, is there one? Or do they send one when pharmcas is verified?

Hello, congratulations

I was wondering why they have not received my application because I have designated them on pharmcas and my gpa has been verified for a week now.
Did it take a long time for them to receive it for you?

Midwestern downers grove have received it but not glendale

Would like some feedback

Thank you

I couldn't find the link for the supplemental application, is there one? Or do they send one when pharmcas is verified?
I don't think the Glendale campus requires a supp. app.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting for my pharmcas application to get verified. It's been about 4 weeks since I e-submitted... getting super anxious now. :confused: Midwestern GCP is one of my top choices!

Would they notify us immediately about denials... in other words, if they just straight up don't want us?

contact the school via email (they reply to emails faster than phone calls)

I'm still waiting for my pharmcas application to get verified. It's been about 4 weeks since I e-submitted... getting super anxious now. :confused: Midwestern GCP is one of my top choices!

Would they notify us immediately about denials... in other words, if they just straight up don't want us?

I remember when applying to University of Houston in the past, they took about two months to deny me after I submitted the application. I'm not too sure about Midwestern GCP but since your application isn't verified yet, I don't think they can make a decision.

I remember when applying to University of Houston in the past, they took about two months to deny me after I submitted the application. I'm not too sure about Midwestern GCP but since your application isn't verified yet, I don't think they can make a decision.

Thanks! Just got my pharmcas verified this morning. Hopefully hear back from them soon. :)

Thanks! Just got my pharmcas verified this morning. Hopefully hear back from them soon. :)
so it took you about 4 weeks to be verified? It's been two so far and I'm becoming nervous. Hope you do hear back soon!

so it took you about 4 weeks to be verified? It's been two so far and I'm becoming nervous. Hope you do hear back soon!

Yep! A little over 4 weeks... I e-submitted 9/1 and my transcripts were received on 8/27. They're working pretty slow so it might take them a couple more weeks for yours... if you call them, they can give you an estimate!

Also, I received an email from Midwestern to make an account a few hours after I got verified. When I signed on, they had a section that asked me to schedule my interview. But they never officially invited me... hmm... o_O

Last edited:
Is anyone going to interview 10/16 or 10/19?

Is anyone going to interview 10/16 or 10/19?

I just had a question, on my portal it says my pcat is not updated yet. Does it need to be updated on the portal before I can get an interview? I have my preliminary scores though, is this sufficient?

I just had a question, on my portal it says my pcat is not updated yet. Does it need to be updated on the portal before I can get an interview? I have my preliminary scores though, is this sufficient?

I'm not entirely sure but I think once they've received your PCAT, they'll review your entire application and offer an interview.

I'm not entirely sure but I think once they've received your PCAT, they'll review your entire application and offer an interview.

I took my pcat on September 18th, how long does the process usually take?

Nice, this is my first pharm school interview so I'm quite nervous! Did you also apply for Midwestern CCP?

Ahhhh me too! I'm super anxious. I considered CCP, but didn't end up applying.

Yes it needs to be on the portal before they can review your app and decide whether to offer you an interview or not. I'm waiting on my official scores to post too. I took my PCAT September 17. Hard to be patient, but it's out of my hands. Lol

Yes it needs to be on the portal before they can review your app and decide whether to offer you an interview or not. I'm waiting on my official scores to post too. I took my PCAT September 17. Hard to be patient, but it's out of my hands. Lol

Haha, it is hard to be patient because I want to know how I will have to budget the costs of all these interviews. I took mine on the 18th, I heard it takes 5 weeks. Is this true?

Isn't it suppose to be 2019 for Glendale? I got accepted last year, but due to an injury, decided to defer my seat. I will be starting and joining the class of 2019.

Haha, it is hard to be patient because I want to know how I will have to budget the costs of all these interviews. I took mine on the 18th, I heard it takes 5 weeks. Is this true?

Mine was put in on Saturday so you may want to check as it could be up already. Now I keep checking student portal to see when Midwestern gets it updated on their end.

Isn't it suppose to be 2019 for Glendale? I got accepted last year, but due to an injury, decided to defer my seat. I will be starting and joining the class of 2019.

You are absolutely right.

Just scheduled my interview for 10/19!

Good luck to everyone who has interviews set up. I'm waiting for my schools (including Glendale) to get the notice that my PCAT scores are in. Hopefully I'll be posting about an interview in the next few weeks.

When you interviewed, did they tell you the time frame for when you would find out if you were accepted/waitlisted/denied? Like a few weeks after the interview for sure but it could be sooner or something like that?

No they did not. But same day acceptances were given through a phone call

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, flying from Michigan in about 3 hours. Maybe I'll see one of you there!

Went to the interview today, and they just called to say I was accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Went to the interview today, and they just called to say I was accepted!
Hey Dwardo! I have an interview on Oct 30th. Can you give me an idea on what the interview is like and what to expect? Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Dwardo! I have an interview on Oct 30th. Can you give me an idea on what the interview is like and what to expect? Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
You'll need to write a brief response to an essay prompt. I don't think that part was very important. They had candy and breakfast snacks.

The interview was 3 on 1, closed file (meaning they don't know your stats). I had two pharmacists and a recent grad. They ask a pretty standard gambit of questions, it's all in the interview section of this website. I think mine only lasted 15 minutes.

Afterward there is a campus tour, free lunch, the dean's speech, and a current student Q&A. You'll want to dress business formal. I think the whole thing took about five hours.

Reactions: 3 users
You'll need to write a brief response to an essay prompt. I don't think that part was very important. They had candy and breakfast snacks.

The interview was 3 on 1, closed file (meaning they don't know your stats). I had two pharmacists and a recent grad. They ask a pretty standard gambit of questions, it's all in the interview section of this website. I think mine only lasted 15 minutes.

Afterward there is a campus tour, free lunch, the dean's speech, and a current student Q&A. You'll want to dress business formal. I think the whole thing took about five hours.

Thank you so much for all the info, and Congratulations! :)

I have an interview on the 30th as well!!!!

Hi all! Congrats to those who were already accepted and those who have interviews! Super exciting. I just submitted my PHARMCAS app to Midwestern and a few other schools this evening... Anyone know how long I should expect to wait before hearing anything?
Thanks!