Midlevels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

There are many complaints from physicians about midlevels. This problem will continue as long as doctors keep hiring them.

I have a new physician, and he just hired a PA-C. Obviously, the practice makes more money this way. But, I told the staff that I prefer to be seen by the doctor instead.

Members don't see this ad.

Emergency physicians aren't doing the hiring most of the time. Corporate staffing groups or hospitals hire them and require physicians to supervise them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Midlevels are great. I work in a level 2, high acuity ED, seeing 300 pt/dy. I am single coverage, 24 hrs long, but with midlevels the shifts are a breeze. I have 6 midlevels at all times, and I just sign their charts at the end of my shift. I made 4k/hr in my last shift after paying the midlevels $80/hr.

I didn't see a single patient and just watched Netflix, worked out, and had a good 10 hr sleep at night. Woke up, well rested, and collected a nice 48K paycheck for that day. I plan on pulling 15 of these next month and collect a nice 720K next month. This only can happen with midlevels.

Reactions: 4 users
Midlevels are great. I work in a level 2, high acuity ED, seeing 300 pt/dy. I am single coverage, 24 hrs long, but with midlevels the shifts are a breeze. I have 6 midlevels at all times, and I just sign their charts at the end of my shift. I made 4k/hr in my last shift after paying the midlevels $80/hr.

I didn't see a single patient and just watched Netflix, worked out, and had a good 10 hr sleep at night. Woke up, well rested, and collected a nice 48K paycheck for that day. I plan on pulling 15 of these next month and collect a nice 720K next month. This only can happen with midlevels.

I am sensing this is Satire, although I think you are describing a CMG executive very astutely.....

Reactions: 3 users