Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Apparel such as jeans and sweatshirts/t-shirts (without holes) may be worn by students and on select occasions with approval of the Associate Dean by faculty and staff"

T-shirt life continuing strong

Is the name badge thing a troll?
Yeah the name badges are mandatory at the DMC because we need them to get into all of the classrooms, lockers and lounges....it is a hospital ID card.
I'm pretty sure ID badges are required at DMC since it's on a hospital campus but we certainly never had such things in East Lansing...

Sent from my XT1650 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know the chances of getting placed at the EL campus? I was assigned the Macomb campus and am placed on the waitlist for EL. Or can someone transfer after the summer semester to a different campus?

Anybody know the chances of getting placed at the EL campus? I was assigned the Macomb campus and am placed on the waitlist for EL. Or can someone transfer after the summer semester to a different campus?

I was placed at Macomb, but later got offered a spot at my #2 a couple weeks after getting accepted and even my #1 a short while back. So there is definitely movement happening, although it's getting late (Orientation is in a week :O). It seems site placement demand goes DMC > EL > Macomb.

One of the current students I spoke to said that people tend to move around after the first summer or fall semester, so you probably have a good chance at transferring to EL since it has the most number of spots.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting kinda nervous lol. Yesterday was my last day of work. Now my life is over come this fall. Hold me.

Reactions: 5 users
Can confirm service is good here
I'm getting kinda nervous lol. Yesterday was my last day of work. Now my life is over come this fall. Hold me.
IKTFB

Hope we're all gonna make it

Reactions: 1 users
Can confirm service is good here

IKTFB
Maybe we're not gonna hope we're all gonna make it make it bro maybe we're not maybe we're screwed bro maybe

Last edited:
Anybody around Sterling Heights, Utica, or Shelby Township want to carpool to EL for orientation next week? I have room for 3 in my car and don't mind driving. I also wouldn't mind driving with someone else and chipping in for gas if you would rather take your car. pm me if you're interested.

false positive on my tb test, get to redo it in 6-8 weeks

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone not doing that SOMA thing? I thought it was mandatory lol

does anyone know when we will get more information on the Major Anatomical Concepts Assignment? I'm really hoping I didn't miss anything...

Does anyone still have access to the D2L class info? It shut me out and says it wont open up again until the morning we start class lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

does anyone know when we will get more information on the Major Anatomical Concepts Assignment? I'm really hoping I didn't miss anything...
You'll get the info on that on your first day of actual class and you'll have a lab with it....relax and enjoy your last couple days of freedom.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone not doing that SOMA thing? I thought it was mandatory lol
Big/little sib isn't mandatory but there really are no negatives to it. It gives you someone to bounce questions off of and you can also just never talk to them if you don't need help lol

Feels weird it already begins by next week, especially when my other friends aren't starting school till August.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone still have access to the D2L class info? It shut me out and says it wont open up again until the morning we start class lol

I have access to it, but there's nowhere else to go aside from my home page.

I have access to it, but there's nowhere else to go aside from my home page.

Cool, same for me. Thanks! Just making sure because like 2-3 weeks ago we could access the anatomy folder and there was like intro power points and stuff in it

Hey guys, does anyone know of a cheap place to get Hep B shots in Lansing? Is it somehow covered by our student insurance? I'm just kind of reluctant to pay $51 USD to get it at the MSU Physician's office when I got a shot back in Canada for $7 CAD...

Hey guys, does anyone know of a cheap place to get Hep B shots in Lansing? Is it somehow covered by our student insurance? I'm just kind of reluctant to pay $51 USD to get it at the MSU Physician's office when I got a shot back in Canada for $7 CAD...
Best bet is to call BCN on Monday and ask

Are students allowed to eat or drink in class? I feel like I'm going to need something to get through these summer classes lol

There is a coney island right in the DMC campus so some people will go order breakfast between the 8-9am lecture and eat a full breakfast during lecture

Sent from my XT1650 using SDN mobile

Is class really 7-12 everyday?

Does anyone know if orientation is "business casual" like second look day was orrr?

Does anyone know if orientation is "business casual" like second look day was orrr?

From the top of the orientation schedule:

Dress code: Khaki’s, Polo Shirt, Capri’s, Blouse, Dress, Comfortable Shoes
No: shorts, tank tops, mini-skirts, flip-flops, hats

Cool thank you! Is this schedule online or did we get it in an email?

Correct me if im wrong, but on schedule builder it says anatomy starts at 8am not 7am?

Hope that's not going to be enforced at EL. Are scrubs okay??
Scrubs are always ok. I would recommend them for the anatomy lab for sure.....that dress code isn't enforced strictly. Just don't push it and wear outrageous things and ruin it for everyone

Jeans?

Scrubs are always ok. I would recommend them for the anatomy lab for sure.....that dress code isn't enforced strictly. Just don't push it and wear outrageous things and ruin it for everyone
Scrubs to class? Lololol at all of us freaking out

Do you guys know if we bring our laptops to orientation for CBT training/set-up?

Scrubs to class? Lololol at all of us freaking out
Yes, you can wear scrubs to class and that is always acceptable.

Freaking out is ok, just try and relax before you guys start!

Yes, you can wear scrubs to class and that is always acceptable.

Freaking out is ok, just try and relax before you guys start!
Well that solves it. I'm wearing scrubs pretty much all the time. They're like pajamas

Reactions: 2 users
Wondering why EL would be 7-12 while DMC and Macomb are 8-12.

Like they're forcing me not to come to class at that point

Just FYI, for all of you schedule concerns: everything is on this Google Calendar. You can add it to your own calendar by clicking the "+ Google Calendar" icon in the bottom right of the screen. :)
2021 - Academic Calendar
You may also want the student events calendar:
COM Student Events
Can you import that into an apple device calendar? Never used google calendar