MPH Michigan MPH Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raja_MX

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd create a thread for the students accepted to Michigan's program - I'm not sure how many of us are out there, based on the Applied/ Accepted thread, there don't seem to be *too* many, but I'm hoping people chime in here.

So, who's accepted/ considering Michigan? I'm between BU and Michigan at the moment, to be honest, if the latter was just a touch cheaper for out of state, I probably would have committed already.

Also, if you're from the AA area, I'd love to hear more about the place/ housing/ etc? ( As an international student, I won't be making it to the Accepted student's day)

Members don't see this ad.

I was admitted to Michigan - waiting to hear on scholarships before deciding on whether or not to look into it more! The financial aid they offered was... less than stellar.

I attended the HPM webinar last week ( or was it two weeks ago?) at that time, the HPM admin lady mentioned that they're still waiting to make scholarship decisions. It seems other departments make their decisions when they accept you. I've read a few posts from last year's thread that had Dean's awards posted the day after receiving acceptances. It's been just under a month since I received mine .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Iam planning on applying for this fall. Any thoughts on Oakland University?

Is anyone attending Admitted Students Day this weekend?

Is anyone attending Admitted Students Day this weekend?

I won't get a chance to attend - did you make it out there this weekend?

I'm hoping someone did and can let us know what their impressions were

I have been accepted and probably attending. I attended the visit day and really enjoyed it. Out of state tuition is a LOT!
Thought I'd create a thread for the students accepted to Michigan's program - I'm not sure how many of us are out there, based on the Applied/ Accepted thread, there don't seem to be *too* many, but I'm hoping people chime in here.

So, who's accepted/ considering Michigan? I'm between BU and Michigan at the moment, to be honest, if the latter was just a touch cheaper for out of state, I probably would have committed already.

Also, if you're from the AA area, I'd love to hear more about the place/ housing/ etc? ( As an international student, I won't be making it to the Accepted student's day)

I have been accepted and probably attending. I attended the visit day and really enjoyed it. Out of state tuition is a LOT!

Agreed! Especially given the fact that I've received a couple of merit awards at other universities. Could you provide a bit of feedback regarding the day ( what current students said, the talks, impression of faculty, campus etc)?

I will probably end up attending too, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Agreed! Especially given the fact that I've received a couple of merit awards at other universities. Could you provide a bit of feedback regarding the day ( what current students said, the talks, impression of faculty, campus etc)?

I will probably end up attending too, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
The students all seemed very positive about the program. We got a chance to talk with some professors and ate lunch with some as well. They were all personable and answered all our questions. For me the program seems comprehensive, the alumni network is large and involved, current students are helpful and friendly and the admitted students were a great group! I felt it was a great fit for me.

Hi @Raja_MX, sorry for the delay! I did attend and I posted my notes in the "applied, accepted.." thread. I was dead set on Emory before Michigan ASD, but Umich blew me out of the water!!! I really loved the flexibility of the program and the accessibility of the faculty. I went to the HBHE sessions, but I can vouch for everything @MHSA19 said.

Hi @Raja_MX, sorry for the delay! I did attend and I posted my notes in the "applied, accepted.." thread. @MHSA19 said.

Yeah, you're fine :) I caught that post. I'm basically a hawk when it comes to people talking about Michigan/ BU/ NYU etc

Man, making these decisions is hard. With my merit scholarship from NYU, it's tuition is half of what I'd be paying at Michigan. Sigggh. :cryi: