MGMA 2015 data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocorico

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a copy of the 2015 MGMA data for physician compensation? Mostly interested for plastic surgery. Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Here it's:

Attachments

• Copy of MGMADataDive salary by specialty by year 8.3.15.xlsx
    67.4 KB · Views: 15,597
Reactions: 14 users
This graph is really hard to read. Are the last rows aw-bc, the most recent numbers, the ones for 2015?

Members don't see this ad :)
This graph is really hard to read. Are the last rows aw-bc, the most recent numbers, the ones for 2015?

all of the data is 2014 income. aw-bc is headed by the title "23 or more" - income is grouped by years in practice.

all of the data is 2014 income. aw-bc
headed by the title "23 or more" - income is grouped by years in practice.

Okay thanks for the clarification. Are family medic residents really starting at 180k in 2015? That is extremely depressing, but most of the FM residents I know are signing for 230-250 right out of residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow.. ortho is killing it

Those income numbers seem to be INCREASED from previous years.

turundu - do you have the mgma rvu data from the same survey?
thanks

Well to answer the Op's question based on the MGMA data, a plastic surgeon of 3-7 years of experience is in the 400K range. Shows linear increment as experience increases and pretty good however the real guys who rake in cash are neuro and ortho, if we are talking surgery wise. Note that it differs region to region.

Thanks for posting that data!

Is it just me or do most salaries there tend to be significantly higher than what I've seen elsewhere?

Everywhere else deflates the salaries so you will ask for less as a new dumb attending.

all of the data is 2014 income. aw-bc is headed by the title "23 or more" - income is grouped by years in practice.
Med student noob here. What does aw-bc mean? Thanks.

Can these salaries survive going forward, especially with the imminent phasing out of the fee for service model? We're basically switching from a system where the money flows directly to physicians, to a system where the money first goes to administrators via the hospital systems/ACOs that they control and the serfs...er doctors then get whatever scraps these admins feel generous enough to give them. I have very low expectations for the future.

Edit: Ortho spine 90th percentiles make a cool $2m per year. Wow.

Last edited:
Can these salaries survive going forward, especially with the imminent phasing out of the fee for service model? We're basically switching from a system where the money flows directly to physicians, to a system where the money first goes to administrators via the hospital systems/ACOs that they control and the serfs...er doctors then get whatever scraps these admins feel generous enough to give them. I have very low expectations for the future.

As you should.

Does anyone have the MGMA productivity data? New contract negotiations explicitly require set productivity, yet they decline to offer the benchmarks. Thanks in advance!

Does anybody have a copy of the 2015 MGMA data for physician compensation? Mostly interested for plastic surgery. Much appreciated.
Does anyone have a copy of the 2016 MGMA data for physician compensation?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have 2016 MGMA data for Maternal-Fetal Medicine compensation?

Kind of a hard file to read, I agree. How come there is no salary information for physicians practicing in California? I am looking for the most recent MGMA salary data for practicing neurologists. Does any body have access to this or can you please post it?

Thank you

Bump. Is this data total earnings or hospital salary? How reliable is this data? Does anyone have any info on where it comes from/who sends out the survey?