MGH Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received update on their wait list status from MGHIHP DPT 2017.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email a few days ago asking if I still wished to remain on the waitlist. Other than that, unfortunately no :( we might not hear back until May they said so that's a bummer

I also recieved the email asking if I still wanted to remain on the waitlist. However, I found that it was weird that they said the class was full especially since I've heard a good amount of people saying they declined acceptance. The email was also sent within like 1 day after the acceptance deposit deadline. They said that you needed to respond back by FEB 3rd so maybe then we may hear something but who know this waiting game is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same thing and I thought it was odd too because it was just one day after deposits but hopefully we'll hear back soon

They probably accepted a lot of students knowing some would reject due to other acceptances or the cost of the program. I'm also on the waitlist and received the email about remaining on the waitlist.

What do you guys think of the chance of getting off the waitlist is? Also--do you guys minding sharing your stats? :)

They probably accepted a lot of students knowing some would reject due to other acceptances or the cost of the program. I'm also on the waitlist and received the email about remaining on the waitlist.
I kind of feel like they only accepted the 70 people for the program instead of going over. I just feel like its different than undergrad where they will accept a bunch of people into a program and hope not everyone accepts. I know that was the problem at my school becuase we have DPT program and for my class they accepted to many my freshman year and are now screwed because not enough people have failed out or dropped out yet so they couldn't accept anyone off of PTCAS applications for this year. I could totally be wrong about all of this just feel like their playing mind games.

I kind of feel like they only accepted the 70 people for the program instead of going over. I just feel like its different than undergrad where they will accept a bunch of people into a program and hope not everyone accepts. I know that was the problem at my school becuase we have DPT program and for my class they accepted to many my freshman year and are now screwed because not enough people have failed out or dropped out yet so they couldn't accept anyone off of PTCAS applications for this year. I could totally be wrong about all of this just feel like their playing mind games.
If I remember correctly from the info session, Dr. Levangie mentioned they did take a handful of people from the wait list last year...10-11 or something along those lines...

Last edited:
I will be declining my position on the waitlist so hopefully this will help someone out! I am missing two prereqs so even if they do accept me I won't have enough time to finish them

Reactions: 1 user
If I remember correctly from the info session, Dr. Levangie mentioned they did take a handful of people from the wait list last year...10-11 or something along those lines...

I'm curious to know how many applicants they have on the wait list right now.

I put down a deposit at MGH but have been accepted at my number 1 choice (CU Denver) and so I'll be withdrawing from MGH. Hoping that will open up a spot for somebody!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone called the school and asked about the waitlist? I tried calling today and I had to leave a message. I'm over stressing way to much about all of this haha.

Hey guys - I put down a deposit for MGH but I've decided to go elsewhere so I'm letting MGH know I won't be attending and giving up my $50k scholarship. Hope this helps someone out!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call from the admissions office yesterday and was offered a seat in the class off of the waitlist. I know some people here have withdrawn their acceptances. MGHIHP has a great program but I'm not sure I'd be able to afford the $129k+ price tag.

I've read before that any merit scholarships offered are awarded along with the decision letter. Is this correct? For those who were offered admission without scholarship, how do you justify the price? Were you contacted at all by the financial aid office?

Also on the waitlist for MGH and have been considering whether or not calling the admissions department would be of any good or make me come off as annoying...

I read on their website that they "respectfully" ask you not to call since they're so busy this time of year so I wouldn't call. They reached out and asked if you were still interested in being on the waitlist so I'm sure thats enough.

I actually called them yesterday but got basically no where haha just that they started going through the waitlist and that they understand that it is a difficult waiting process. So basically just keep waiting and hoping to hear back soon

I actually called them yesterday but got basically no where haha just that they started going through the waitlist and that they understand that it is a difficult waiting process. So basically just keep waiting and hoping to hear back soon

When you say they went through the waitlist, did they go through the number of applicants on the list or give you a certain number that you are off of that list?

When you say they went through the waitlist, did they go through the number of applicants on the list or give you a certain number that you are off of that list?
They didn't give a number and when I asked they said they don't really have a ranking list. Just said that they started going through the waitlist by means of like reviewing and looking to see who they want to ask. I'm pretty sure they have like some sort of ranking list but who knows the whole process is just confusing and stressful.

Twotired, would you mind sharing your stats??? MGH is my top choice and I've been going crazy hoping for a call...

Twotired, would you mind sharing your stats??? MGH is my top choice and I've been going crazy hoping for a call...

Hey, my stats can be found in my history in the stickied megathread. Honestly they're mediocre and nothing to write home about.

What I think greatly improved my chances of getting off the waitlist was writing a letter of interest. On the same day decisions were released and I found out about my waitlist status, I emailed the admissions director and the DPT adcom reiterating my interest in their program. Letters of interest are common for law school applicants who get waitlisted and I figured it would benefit me in this case. I thanked them for reviewing my file, highlighted why I would be an asset to the incoming class, and reemphasized my interest in attending.

I can't say I know what their decision making process was but I was offered a seat. The unfortunate case for me though is that I can't afford to pay for the program out of pocket. I was hoping for some type of award/grant to offset the high tuition cost. I've given up my seat, hopefully this means good news for someone here!

I'll be attending Simmons College w/ a merit award.

Last edited:
Hey, my stats can be found in my history in the stickied megathread. Honestly they're mediocre and nothing to write home about.

What I think greatly improved my chances of getting off the waitlist was writing a letter of interest. On the same day decisions were released and I found out about my waitlist status, I emailed the admissions director and the DPT adcom reiterating my interest in their program. Letters of interest are common for law school applicants who get waitlisted and I figured it would benefit me in this case. I thanked them for reviewing my file, highlighted why I would be an asset to the incoming class, and reemphasized my interest in attending.

I can't say I know what their decision making process was but I was offered a seat. The unfortunate case for me though is that I can't afford to pay for the program out of pocket. I was hoping for some type of award/grant to offset the high tuition cost. I've given up my seat, hopefully this means good news for someone here!

I'll be attending Simmons College w/ a merit award.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely reach out to them expressing my interest. And congrats to you on your merit award and best of luck at Simmons!

Just talked to a friend who was also on the MGH waitlist and I guess they did another wave of acceptances as he was notified on Monday that he got in. He will be declining the offer though so at least that's another spot open!

Anyone hear anything? It's getting hard to keep the hope alive

I just wish they gave more information or kept us up to date with everything.
I agree. Most schools at least let you know your rank in the waitlist. It's so frustrating. Losing more and more hope as the days go by....

I agree. Most schools at least let you know your rank in the waitlist. It's so frustrating. Losing more and more hope as the days go by....
Its so frustrating knowing I'm graduating in just over a month with my degree being in Sports Biology (pre-med) and with that I can't get a job unless I get into grad school.

Its so frustrating knowing I'm graduating in just over a month with my degree being in Sports Biology (pre-med) and with that I can't get a job unless I get into grad school.
I totally understand how you're feeling. I graduated last May. This is my second time applying.

Has anyone heard anything recently? Anyone else get off the waitlist?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely reach out to them expressing my interest. And congrats to you on your merit award and best of luck at Simmons!
I know it's a long shot since this is from a year ago.. but did you ever send a letter of interest? and if so did you get into MGH?

I know this thread is from last years 2017 waitlist... but I figured I'd add on and see if anyone out there has been waitlisted at MGH for 2018.

I am super bummed about it because MGH just felt like the perfect program for me, so I'm holding out as long as possible. I was told that 40 students from the 2017 waitlist were given seats so that's an optimistic outlook.. right?

I am in the same boat, I really want to get in but it’s May now and I am losing hope

I am in the same boat, I really want to get in but it’s May now and I am losing hope

Have you spoken at all to admissions?
I was accepted somewhere else but still holding out for MGH.. I know its foolish

Have you spoken at all to admissions?
I was accepted somewhere else but still holding out for MGH.. I know its foolish

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! It’s possible!

I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! It’s possible!
Congratulations!!!!!! This wait is excruciating.. And ive been told that some people have been released from their waitlist today and yesterday.... So since i havent heard anytging hopefully that is good for me? Im trying to be optimistic!

Congratulations!!!!!! This wait is excruciating.. And ive been told that some people have been released from their waitlist today and yesterday.... So since i havent heard anytging hopefully that is good for me? Im trying to be optimistic!
Thank you!! And yeah I heard they release the people that probably won’t have a chance to be pulled off. Since you didn’t hear, there’s hope!