MFT PROGRAM HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASPIRINGOT2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I plan on going to grad school for marriage and family therapy. I wanted to hear what people had to say about Capella's program. Please let me know, any details will help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Capella is for-profit.
That should tell you enough

Hi guys. I plan on going to grad school for marriage and family therapy. I wanted to hear what people had to say about Capella's program. Please let me know, any details will help!

Capella's reputation is not great within the mental health field. Yes, many of their programs are accredited, however, their training model is not really conducive for direct patient care. The amount of oversite and guidance is much different than a B&M program and their tuition is outrageous. A quick search on capella will provide you with as much information as you need.

Reactions: 1 user

I would recommend looking at state school that offers a distance program in one of the allied mental health professionals. If you do a program that is primarily distance-based, it will be received by others in the field much better if it is not from a for-profit school like Capella -- even if it's not the MFT degree you prefer. For example, you might consider social work. Of course with any school there will be people who have gone on to do well in their careers. You just may be working uphill a little bit if you choose a for-profit like Capella.

Reactions: 1 user