Meredith College Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

big study

BigStudy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Meredith College Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate

They just started accepting individuals for the 2012-2013 year and I hadn't seen any threads made for Meredith (it is a brand new Post bac program) so here is the first! I was just accepted, but I am still hoping for some other acceptances so that I can have a choice! I will post any pertinent information for all you when it comes available to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so I have just completed two summer terms of the Post Bac program at Meredith College. I wanted to tell of my experience and answer any questions. First of all, the program is solid. There are two tracks, one for individuals that need the science requirements (MCAT and other prep work) and one for individuals that generally need more science credits and a GPA booster. I am the latter of the two.

This year’s Post Bac cohort consists I believe of 4-5 men (including myself) and 10-11 women (I haven’t met everyone yet). Though Meredith is a woman’s undergraduate college, men are accepted into their graduate programs. The tuition for the year is around $16,000. The Post Bac’s that I have met thus far are applying to dental and medical school. I actually applied to several Post Bac programs and was accepted at several, but I chose Meredith for several reasons: more opportunity after the post bac program is finished, the individualized attention that my education and application would receive, the small class size, the cost of tuition, and truthfully I felt I would be a better prepared premed after Meredith’s program as apposed to the others programs I was accepted at. I live in the area as well.

Thus far I completed cell biology with a class size of 15 individuals and pharmacology with a class size of 7 individuals. My pharmacology course was taught by a pharmacologist trained at Georgetown! That is ridiculously awesome and with a class size of 7, any and every question I had about the material was answered. The skinny is this: I know without a doubt I made the right choice and I am going to be so much better off when applying to medical schools next year.

If you have questions, DON’T PM ME. Go ahead and post them to this forum so others can see as well.:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of Financial aid options are available? or did you take a private loan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Question, right now they are still waiting to hear back from the Feds about Stanford loans... I am hopefully taking out government loans in the fall, but that remains to be determined at the moment. I had some money saved up for the summer courses.

I will definitely consider it, since I'm a NC resident. Thank you for starting this thread, and best of luck to you.

Do you know what the status is of financial aid for fall?? i was accepted but am worried i won't be able to get assistance! Thanks.

Still no word. I planning to work durning the semester to off set the cost a little and take out a small private loan. I also enrolled into a pay as you go plan that is going to spread payments out over the school year. Once a month for ten months= ten payments of $1,600. I am hopeful that Stafford loans do come- But I am not betting on it and I won't let it stop me if they don't. I recommend you look into other options for payment because Meredith is a great place to be accepted at. Let me know if you any other questions, I am glad to help.

I'm curious why women's colleges accept men for graduate studies, but not undergraduate studies?

I'm curious why women's colleges accept men for graduate studies, but not undergraduate studies?

It's the law, kinda like title 9, but reversed and for graduate programs.

It's the law, kinda like title 9, but reversed and for graduate programs.

Mills and Scripps are also women's colleges with coed postbacc premed programs.

I think these schools should address their sex policies in writing, someplace. If they don't, it comes across as welcome to apply, but unwelcome to attend.

thanks so much. do you have a good private loan recommendation?

thanks so much. do you have a good private loan recommendation?

I looked pretty hard, the best one that I found was through the actual state of which I am a resident. There is a program for post secondary education through my state that offers comparable loan options. The best unsub. loan you can get from the federal government currently is at 6.8%, the only loan you would ever get from a private option is unsub. and good luck finding one at 6.8%. My state program allows me $9,000 max a year at 7.3% unsub. I am working to make up the difference. That was the very best that I could find.

I would look into any and all options that are NOT through big banks (like Wells Fargo) because there are better options out there for sure. A fixed rate under 10% is a good goal to have.

Meredith College Post Bac has been accepted for Federal Stafford loans as of this week!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that is considering Meredith and has questions please don't be afraid to post them here. I am in the program now and will give honest feedback! Good Luck.

what gpa/mcat score did you have when you applied??

and how long is the program?

what gpa/mcat score did you have when you applied??

and how long is the program?

I applied with a 3.1 overall and a 3.2 Science. First take on the MCAT for me was a 24. The program is one year long with a flexible schedule to accommodate a diverse group of Post Bacs. Though not implicitly stated: service tends to be a large part of several of the post CV's. Good luck!

For anyone that is considering Meredith and has questions please don't be afraid to post them here. I am in the program now and will give honest feedback! Good Luck.

Hello,

Thank you so much for starting this thread I actually have several questions

1)Post-Baccalaureate "Certificate" the emphasis here being on "certificate" my understanding is that they aren't viewed upon very favorably by medical school acceptance committees. Any idea if this information is true?

2) You mention the class size, so i'm a little bit confused are you actually on campus or is this online?

3) How does this "pre-health" curriculum compare to say a "biomedical sciences" curriculum

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you so much for starting this thread I actually have several questions

1)Post-Baccalaureate "Certificate" the emphasis here being on "certificate" my understanding is that they aren't viewed upon very favorably by medical school acceptance committees. Any idea if this information is true?

2) You mention the class size, so i'm a little bit confused are you actually on campus or is this online?

3) How does this "pre-health" curriculum compare to say a "biomedical sciences" curriculum

Thanks

The Post Bac Certificate is a year long certificate of hard science courses (that is if you have already taken your MCAT). At Meredith it is all undergraduate courses which is okay because medical schools are accepting undergraduates. I am unsure of what a biomedical science curriculum looks like and I am willing to bet that it is graduate coursework, but I wouldn't consider a post bac less desirable especially for anyone needing GPA improvement (like myself).

My Post Bac curriculum this semester consist of Biochem, Molecular Bio, and Genetics all with labs and shadowing physicians on the side. As far as what the committee's think of a post bac certificate... as long as I have a GPA of 3.8 or above this semester I can't imagine them unimpressed. I have shared with several admission offices that I am in a Post Bac and have only heard good things back. All the interviews that I had last year at medical schools told me to complete a Post Bac (but I didn't interview at top tier schools like UNC or Duke). I wish I could give better advice to help you choose between a Post Bac and a biomedical science program, I would say apply to both and hope you make it into one!

The classes that the Post Bacs are in are all at Meredith. Hope this helped and Good Luck with everything! Thanks for asking these questions.

Having a 3.0 GPA is an absolute requirement for this program?

I have not seen that stated anywhere. If you are sold out on the program and have a 3.0 or lower, I would email the director:

http://www.meredith.edu/graduate/pre-health/pre-health/connect.php

and plead your case and circumstances. I know I started the program with a 3.1.
Thank you so much for posting this! I am hoping to attend Meredith this May and had a few questions....

1- I have a 3.56 undergrad GPA with a double major in business and leadership studies, I took some time after college to travel internationally and then began working for a union doing research and organzing
2- I have been volunteering in the ER for 5 months
3- I am now shadowing a doctor in the hospital

what are some ways I can boost my application? I am in the process of writing my 500 word essay now.....
any help would be so so appreciated! and congrats on being on your path to med school, must feel amazing :)

how are you finding the application / interview process? have you had positive results?

also- are you an NC resident?

Thank you so much for posting this! I am hoping to attend Meredith this May and had a few questions....

1- I have a 3.56 undergrad GPA with a double major in business and leadership studies, I took some time after college to travel internationally and then began working for a union doing research and organzing
2- I have been volunteering in the ER for 5 months
3- I am now shadowing a doctor in the hospital

what are some ways I can boost my application? I am in the process of writing my 500 word essay now.....
any help would be so so appreciated! and congrats on being on your path to med school, must feel amazing :)
Hey!

1. 3.56 with a double major, Good Job!!!
2. Volunteering is great!!!
3. Shadowing your desired profession looks wonderful and med school will want to see that.

I think something that helped my application was making an informal meeting (not an interview, but just a meeting) with the Post Bac coordinator. I felt going to Meredith showed them I was a very serious applicant and dedicated to my success and I think that made their choice easier when it came to my application... At least I would hope so. Thanks for the congrats, I am very blessed.

how are you finding the application / interview process? have you had positive results?

also- are you an NC resident?

I am not sure who that question is directed at… No interviews required for Meredith's Post Bac program. I am not a NC resident, but I do live in the area.

To Everyone thinking about Meredith's Post Bac program- I recommend it, it is a challenge and it already has made me a better applicant for this years med school application cycle. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
Hey!

1. 3.56 with a double major, Good Job!!!
2. Volunteering is great!!!
3. Shadowing your desired profession looks wonderful and med school will want to see that.

I think something that helped my application was making an informal meeting (not an interview, but just a meeting) with the Post Bac coordinator. I felt going to Meredith showed them I was a very serious applicant and dedicated to my success and I think that made their choice easier when it came to my application... At least I would hope so. Thanks for the congrats, I am very blessed.

I am not sure who that question is directed at… No interviews required for Meredith’s Post Bac program. I am not a NC resident, but I do live in the area.

To Everyone thinking about Meredith’s Post Bac program- I recommend it, it is a challenge and it already has made me a better applicant for this years med school application cycle. Best of luck to you all!

Sorry should've clarified! Was directed at you, and I was referring to your medical school applications

Sorry should've clarified! Was directed at you, and I was referring to your medical school applications

Applications are going great!!! I have two acceptances (CUSOM & LMU-DCOM) and three more interviews (Western, LECOM-Bradenton, & PNWU). In short, Meredith is a good program and you would do well to apply!:thumbup:

Applications are going great!!! I have two acceptances (CUSOM & LMU-DCOM) and three more interviews (Western, LECOM-Bradenton, & PNWU). In short, Meredith is a good program and you would do well to apply!:thumbup:
Did you apply all DO, or some MD too?

Hello and Congrats!! How long did it take for you to hear back from Meredith in regards to your acceptance after you applied?

Hello and Congrats!! How long did it take for you to hear back from Meredith in regards to your acceptance after you applied?

I heard back within two weeks of applying... I did apply right before the cut off date though! Don't put your all your eggs in one basket! What program are you looking to do at Meredith as a post bac and what are you looking to do beyond? I wish you the best of luck in it all!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I was interested in the preparation track they offer to finish up the last prerequisite requirements I need for medical school.

Well folks! I just made it into the University of Washington. If you are wondering about how that school measures up- just do a google search for schools in the top ten for primary care, research, pediatrics, geriatrics, internal medicine, and rural medicine. Meredith's post bac program has really opened some great doors for me. It is a stellar program and I have been impressed. Let me know if you have questions and don't PM me please, just post them here.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm considering applying to the Meredith post-bacc program for next year, and was wondering if you could provide more information about their financial aid. Does the program qualify for graduate school limits for federal loans or the undergrad limits? When filling out the FAFSA, is this program considered undergrad or "1st year grad student"? Thanks for clarifying!

I'm considering applying to the Meredith post-bacc program for next year, and was wondering if you could provide more information about their financial aid. Does the program qualify for graduate school limits for federal loans or the undergrad limits? When filling out the FAFSA, is this program considered undergrad or "1st year grad student"? Thanks for clarifying!

Hey,

Great questions. The program is considered a graduate program, but I don't believe you are allowed grad plus loans and you are only given undergrad limits since you are actually taking undergraduate classes. I was able to max out sub and unsub loans and I took out about $12,000 and payed the difference in tuition out of pocket (roughly $4,000 + some fees). All this might be different this year since the government did away with sub loans.

My advice: apply to a bunch of post bacc programs. There is no guarantee you will make it into any and if you make it into several, you have choices!!! I applied and was accepted into several but Meredith was the cheapest and also provided me with the greatest opportunity afterwards. I am glad I chose Meredith, I made it into my top choice medical program this year: The University of Washington. Good luck and let me know if you have more questions, just post them here!

Last edited:
Congrats to all those recently accepted into the Meredith Post Bac Program. I wish you all the best of luck in your future and hope you enjoy the year long Meredith program, it flies by!

Hi I have some questions:

I see that the application deadline is on April 1st. Is everyone looked at the same when reviewing applications after this date or is admission given on a rolling basis? If it is a rolling basis- when do applications open and when is it the best time to apply?

Is there anywhere I could see a sample curriculum for the enhancement track- didn't see courses specifically on the site?

What are total expenses for the year including tuition and room/board?

Are there any admission statistics on how many people are accepted out of how many apply?

Thanks!

Hi BigStudy! First of all, congrats on University of Washington! (even if I am a year late :)) This is an amazing accomplishment. Question for you about Meredith. I have 3.26 cGPA with math/psych double major and have only taken 1 bio class (got an A), so not much science GPA to speak of. My gre was 1370 and I have about 500 hours of clinical volunteering. Would these stats be good enough to get in? I am primarily interested in DO schools afterwards, so do you think taking science prereqs at Meredith will make me competitive? Do you know by chance the average acceptance rate for med schools after Meredith? Thank you for any feedback!

Hi I have some questions:

I see that the application deadline is on April 1st. Is everyone looked at the same when reviewing applications after this date or is admission given on a rolling basis? If it is a rolling basis- when do applications open and when is it the best time to apply?
Is there anywhere I could see a sample curriculum for the enhancement track- didn't see courses specifically on the site?
What are total expenses for the year including tuition and room/board?
Are there any admission statistics on how many people are accepted out of how many apply?
Thanks!

Hey sddent119- Is everyone looked at the same when reviewing applications? - Not sure, you can call the program and ask- it is not rolling admissions as far as I know. I would say that applying within a month or two prior to the deadline is best. As far as sample curriculum for the enhancement track- This is totally individualized, it really depends on what you need to focus on and where you are strong or need work, a call to the director is the best way to have your questions answered there- she is very helpful.
What are total expenses for the year including tuition and room/board? Crazy expensive. Just joking- the average cost of education I guess... Yeah, I guess I wasn't joking- extremely expensive, but worth it. Are there any admission statistics on how many people are accepted out of how many apply? Last year, three folks applied and all three folks got in to professional schools: MD, DO and Pharm PHD schools specifically. No idea how many applied from last years class this year- depends on how many were really serious about applying. This long road to medicine and beyond is about perseverance and heart friends.

Did you find that being a male in the classes and in the cohort made any of the female students upset?

Are you sexist? I am just playing, I found you question funny though. No, the females in my cohort were great and so were the science major undergrads in the Meredith courses; however, I did get a lot of funny looks from the non science undergrad girls on campus. They apparently didn't know Meredith started this post bac program. It made for a fun conversation starter more than anything- the gender issue wasn't an issue.

Hi BigStudy! First of all, congrats on University of Washington! (even if I am a year late :)) This is an amazing accomplishment. Question for you about Meredith. I have 3.26 cGPA with math/psych double major and have only taken 1 bio class (got an A), so not much science GPA to speak of. My gre was 1370 and I have about 500 hours of clinical volunteering. Would these stats be good enough to get in? I am primarily interested in DO schools afterwards, so do you think taking science prereqs at Meredith will make me competitive? Do you know by chance the average acceptance rate for med schools after Meredith? Thank you for any feedback!

Hey what's up the submarine! Thanks for the congrats- I can't speak to the GRE score, I do know that the 500 hours of vol. is great and the 3.26 is a higher GPA score than I had. Are these things enough to get you in?- I wish I could tell you; I know that they look at the whole applicant (like the DO schools do.) I had a story to share and a goal in place when I applied and always saw Meredith as my tool to get there and I think if you can convince them of this through your application, you have a good shot of getting in, but I can say that with certainty- I would recommend (as you might have seen in previous post) to apply broadly, increase your chances to achieve your goal. If you haven't taken much science and want to be a doctor, you need to have a really good story to tell at least to Meredith. This isn't a disadvantage at all if you think it is; it makes you different from the large majority of premeds with the same biology science degree with a 3.5+ GPA. Thereafter Meredith, you need to let you science grades tell another story to your admission committees, this is very important.

do you think taking science prereqs at Meredith will make me competitive? Absolutely, a solid year of great science grades after your four year degree says a lot to admission committees. The best thing that you can do submarine is rock you MCAT. A solid MCAT score with a good to great post bac grades will get you into school somewhere. I am unsure as to the amount of folks from last years cohort have applied this year, but those who applied last year (three of us) all made it in.

Hi, Bigstudy! This is my very first post on SDN so first a little background information.

I am a North Carolina resident, very close to Raleigh. I am a former EMT, and a current second year respiratory therapy student who will be graduating in May. I am applying to UNC-Charlotte this cycle to obtain a Bachelors of Science in Respiratory Therapy, and hopefully I get in with my current statistics of a program GPA of 4.0 and a cumulative GPA of 3.94. I do have some science prerequisites as far as general sciences go, a few biology's, a few anatomy's and physiology, and of course all general maths and English but they were all obtained at my community college. I have a heavy, heavy understanding of respiratory physics, pharmacology, physiology, mechanical ventilation, neonatal/pediatrics, hemodynamics, etc. but again these understandings are very tunnel visioned on respiratory. I'm quite certain I have a job awaiting me, I only have to graduate and pass my three boards. So basically, my plan is accept a job, obtain my bachelors full-time while working (UNC-Charlotte's program is a distance education program, much like an RN to BSN degree where almost everything is online, very flexible, taught by anesthesiologist, will take two years to complete). I will have more than enough clinical experience come time I do apply to medical school. I also plan to shadow, volunteer(medical and non-medical), get involved with research, get involved with leadership roles with North Carolina's Society for Respiratory Care committee, and of course stay up-to-date on all current credentials(BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS). So now that you basically know my life story, I have a few questions.

1. Would Meredith's post-baccalaureate be a good option for someone like me? Who has a background in the sciences and medicine but not exactly a general background in the sciences?

2. What is the the science requirement track like and how long will it take?

3. Would I be better off just taking the science requirements in a non-degree seeking manner at a university in North Carolina or will the post-baccalaureate look better to ADCOM's because it's a directed path?

Lastly, I am so happy I found this thread. I had no idea this program existed until now and it gives me a lot of hope that this dream may actually become a reality. Thank you so much for all the information and a huge congrats on University of Washington!

Hi, Bigstudy! This is my very first post on SDN so first a little background information.

I am a North Carolina resident, very close to Raleigh. I am a former EMT, and a current second year respiratory therapy student who will be graduating in May. I am applying to UNC-Charlotte this cycle to obtain a Bachelors of Science in Respiratory Therapy, and hopefully I get in with my current statistics of a program GPA of 4.0 and a cumulative GPA of 3.94. I do have some science prerequisites as far as general sciences go, a few biology's, a few anatomy's and physiology, and of course all general maths and English but they were all obtained at my community college. I have a heavy, heavy understanding of respiratory physics, pharmacology, physiology, mechanical ventilation, neonatal/pediatrics, hemodynamics, etc. but again these understandings are very tunnel visioned on respiratory. I'm quite certain I have a job awaiting me, I only have to graduate and pass my three boards. So basically, my plan is accept a job, obtain my bachelors full-time while working (UNC-Charlotte's program is a distance education program, much like an RN to BSN degree where almost everything is online, very flexible, taught by anesthesiologist, will take two years to complete). I will have more than enough clinical experience come time I do apply to medical school. I also plan to shadow, volunteer(medical and non-medical), get involved with research, get involved with leadership roles with North Carolina's Society for Respiratory Care committee, and of course stay up-to-date on all current credentials(BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS). So now that you basically know my life story, I have a few questions.

1. Would Meredith's post-baccalaureate be a good option for someone like me? Who has a background in the sciences and medicine but not exactly a general background in the sciences?

2. What is the the science requirement track like and how long will it take?

3. Would I be better off just taking the science requirements in a non-degree seeking manner at a university in North Carolina or will the post-baccalaureate look better to ADCOM's because it's a directed path?

Lastly, I am so happy I found this thread. I had no idea this program existed until now and it gives me a lot of hope that this dream may actually become a reality. Thank you so much for all the information and a huge congrats on University of Washington!

Hey maycig,

Congrats on your up coming graduation in respiratory therapy, that is cool. Addressing your questions:
  1. You seem to have a pretty great GPA and lots of perks already to your application. You also have yet to finish your 4 year degree and this makes me think that you are probably not the best candidate for the Post Bacc, but that is to your credit friend. You still have a lot of wiggle room in what you can do with yourself. I am 28 and one of the oldest first years in my class so let me give you my thoughts of what I would do if I was in your shoes (granted, I don't know all your life story, but if I could go back in time and tell my premed self something I would say this): you are going to work for the rest of you life, and hard if you want to be a doctor; get through undergrad fast and if that requires loans, take them out. We don't get any younger and working through school is a noble venture (I know because I did it), but if your dream is to become a physician one day- you have to first be accepted to a medical school and seven years later, only then will you be a full fledged physician able to treat human disease. You will be in school for a long time (seven years in medical school and residency alone!), learn to take heavy hard loads in undergrad to make the adjustments to medical school easier and make school your full time job- in the end it will make you a better physician for your patients. You will work hard as a doctor for the rest of your life and make good money then, learn to study hard now.
  2. Each track is only a year and my previous post details the tracks, I am not even sure if they still offer them... But, in your case you should rock those science classes at UNC while paying in-state tuition, that is your best move. Add them to credits that you need for your degree and get that degree! Rock all the premed sciences (bio, chem, o-chem, biochem, physics, psych) required for the MCAT in your undergrad college. Then, (and this is what the post bac offered me) take as many other upper division science classes that you can as well, this will greatly help you out. Here are some to name a few: genetics, cell biology, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, and if you feel up to it anatomy and physiology. These other course aren't required by the MCAT, BUT they do use topics from these courses and base passages on them in the test. Any background knowledge in these courses can't hurt you. Not only that, I speak to you in premed language, but the truth is is that these are all classes that you will take in your first year as a medical student- you need to stomp the MCAT though in order to become one. This how I would do it.
  3. Forget about the straight or direct path, medical school is competitive and if your road is fought with twists and turns that gives you something to talk about at an interview and something to point to when it comes to what you have had to do to get where you are then.
Thanks for your post and I feel very honored that I could reply to your first one. Hope I helped you out! Good luck!

Last edited:
Some housekeeping for the thread: if you have questions about the program DO NOT message me with them; post your questions here to the wall so everyone can read them and learn more about the program. This is what happens when I get private messages about the program: +pissed+

Peace:nod:Out!

Quick question! For your classes at Meredith, were you grouped in with the regular undergrad science classes? Or was your cohort in separate classes from the "general population" ? Were you vastly outnumbered being a guy at a women's college? You addressed this a little in a post in the thread you started but I wanted to clarify it.

Would you recommend the program? Thanks so much!

Hey copier,

Were we grouped with other post bacc students or the "general population?" YES and NO. Those who were in the program to complete the required sciences for the MCAT did have their own science sections with other post baccs, but that is not always the case- some post bacc general science classes were taken with other undergrads. I had completed all my general science classes in undergrad with my BS in Sociology, so the program served its purpose for me in that I was able to take a bunch of upper division biology courses. All my classes were with undergrads and they were all tough.

Was I vastly outnumbered as a guy in the program... Yes, but don't let that stop you from applying. There is no bias for men or women at all in the post bacc program- it is a woman's undergrad college that provides opportunity for a graduate post bacc certificate. Since this is a graduate level certificate, they are required by law to accept men and women into their program. Personally, I was a little intimidated initially about being one of the first pioneering "Meredith Men," but I can promise the intimidation was only mental prior to me starting the program. The environment is very welcoming and tailored to learning... learning a lot... and the male/female ratio is not an issue at all.

Do I recommend the program... If they tossed around the idea of starting a medical school there I would be the first to endow! One of the best decisions of my life was deciding to spend a year at Meredith strengthening my science background. From a medical school admissions stand point:
  1. I was able to show my drive to become a physician through a structured and intense year long hard science academic program. That speaks volumes
  2. I was able to get to know my teachers well. This unintentionally lended itself greatly to three SOLID letters of recommendation from instructors who knew me, my story, my failures and what I did to overcome them, and my goals and commitments in medicine. I felt I would have been alright with a mediocre personal statement, my LOR said a lot thanks to my instructors at Meredith. That speaks volumes.
  3. My personal statement was read, reread, reread, reread and reread by about 10 different professors willing to give me pointers and pearls. ***Everyone: If you are accepted to the post bacc program, don't feel entitled to this: this is a courtesy of kind people willing to invest in you- Meredith has a lot of those folks, but don't take them for granted.*** Learning to seek out and appreciate the people in your life who took the time to invest in you as a person- That speaks volumes as well. When or if you enter medical school, you might find a lot of entitled people, it is good to start appreciating kind caring people now.
From a medical profession stand point:
  1. My year at Meredith taught me to study. I was able to tweak my undergrad study habits. Now that I am in medical school, I have a system that works very well for me and I would have had to have learned that the hard way in medical school if Meredith had not afforded my that opportunity.
  2. I would not be where I am now (attending my dream medical program, thinking about which medical residency programs I want to apply to, learning the intricacies of the human body in cadaver lab, assisting in surgery) if I didn't attend Meredith.
I HIGHLY recommend Meredith. Are you thinking about applying?

Thanks for the great reply!

But yeah I am considering applying. It seems like a great program and your posts on here have been very positive, so that makes it more tempting as well. Plus I would love to be back in NC for the medical schools as well. Since my wife will be working wherever we end up, I think I will automatically become a resident of that state so I'm trying to pick post-bacc programs based on the med schools in that state.

I have my application finished and just need to turn it in basically. Fingers crossed!
:xf:
Well Good Luck!

Apply to a bunch of post bacc programs and hopefully you will have choices. NC just opened up another medical school in Buies Creek, NC too. Campbell University, it is a D.O. program. Looks to be a good program from what I saw during my interview and interactions with their staff. Best of luck to you.

I just got accepted into Meredith's post-bacc pre-health program, but I'm worried about the move over there-- plus the start date.
I'd love to attend, but would love to hear more about the program and would love to know if anyone else has been admitted and is planning to attend!

I'm still waiting to hear back, but I plan on going if I get in. (Fingers crossed!) How long did they take to get back to you?

I'm still waiting to hear back, but I plan on going if I get in. (Fingers crossed!) How long did they take to get back to you?
I submitted my application pretty early on (probably during/before Thanksgiving)-- it was just the secondary materials that took FOREVER to come in. I think everything finally came in around mid-January. I heard within 3-4 weeks, I feel like. I can't give you the exact timeline, but I do know that they inform you via hard mail. So, in case you've been having issues with mail due to weather.... you should be hearing from them.

Let me know if you plan on going for sure-- I'm not from the area and I'm interested, but since I'm only going to be there for a year, I'm at a loss for finding housing, etc.

Ok well then I probably have a bit of a wait. The last of my materials came in last week. I'll keep you posted!

Hello! Does Meredith have any linkages to any medical schools around the area? Their curriculum sounds really good- I especially like how they provide opportunities to do clinical rotations and study abroad (though that would probably be another few thousand on top of what I have to pay). Also, I decided to apply to post-bacc programs pretty late (about a week ago) so I am scrambling to get my application in by March 1. Above comments mentioned secondary application..is there a different deadline for that or does EVERYTHING have to be turned in by March 1?