Meharry Medical College Class of 2016!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buzzyz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS & HELLO!!!

Well, I am going to jump right in and say, I have searched apartments in Nashville online and from what I can see to live somewhat comfortably and within a reasonable budget having a roommate is a good idea! I also spoke to a current student who told me the Bellevue area is decent and not too far away (by car).

I am curious to know how some of you plan to make arrangements for housing?

Oh, has anyone received their information packet yet???

Members don't see this ad.

Good job buzzyz. Thanks for starting this. I have also been looking up apartments in Nashville. I have been using aptselector.com. They send me updates on apartments often. I am looking to go there sometime in April or May to actually look and sign a lease and what not. what about you? I still haven't gotten any information packet yet. I am anxiously waiting for that. :)

I have been using several apartment search tools, I am off of work for a week in mid March and I was thinking about going up for a weekend to look. I will keep you posted bc if I don't go in March I wouldn't mind mtg someone there to look together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which other search tools have you been using? Yes, I think going up there to look at the apartments before signing a lease is a great idea, and would be nice to look with someone else:). Are you scared about Gross Anatomy? I am lol.

Hi!! I am not 100% sure on Meharry because I am still waiting for other school's response. Anyways, I just wanted to post and say hello to other accepted students. Are you 100% sure that you are going to Meharry? Also, did you ever get confirmation that your deposit was received?

You should get an email stating they received your deposit. If not, call Ms. Davis or Mr. Mosley and verify.

How long did this take after you sent it in? I have emailed Mr. Mosley and I called admissions several times and left messages. No one wants to answer. :( I did send it priority mail and it was received by someone, but I hope it went to the right place.

Sorry about that. I sent mine back in November. I mailed it on a friday and got an email saying they received it the following tuesday, so a few days. Maybe, they are backed up now. Keep calling and emailing. I hope you get a response soon.

Do you think Ms. Johnson the admissions manager might be able to get back to me? It is just really strange that I haven't received any kind of confirmation.

Yeah, it is really strange that no one is picking up your calls. I say go ahead and email Ms. Johnson as well, just to be on the safe side.

I got my deposit email today too. I was concerned they might have never gotten it as I sent it a while ago. Kept calling them and being transferred to Allen Mosley but he is rarely ever available. So, I am happy to have finally received the email. :) ahhh, now I have to worry about housing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I've also been looking for apts but it's all just so overwhelming. I hope i'm able to find a good roommate.

Hey guys. glad you got the email makauzi, i know it is a relief. dalovely, i know what you mean about trying to find a good place to stay. Hopefully, we can all find good places to live.

Hey hey hey, I have used apartmenthomeliving.com and apartments.com, but I mainly googled "apartments in Nashville" to get to many of the search engines. I don't have my laptop with me to go through the history to name the other one but this was the method I used and the ones I remember. The Madison at Ridgelake in Belluvue was recommended by a student that stayed there and he said it is like 10min away from campus. He also recommended the Park at Metro, which is very near to school.

To answer other questions, I am definitely committed to attending Meharry this summer and I too am in need of a GOOd/compatible roommate!!

Ok buzzyz. The Parc at the Metro seems really nice, but expensive. Madison at Ridgelake was recommended to me by a student as well, but she said her electricity bills during the winter are outrageous. I will keep looking for good deals. If I find anything informative, I will let you guys know.

I haven't even thought about electricty costs, I guess it would be a good idea to look for a place with central heating and air included in rent or at a fixed rate (bc I heard it does get cold there and I refused to freeze in my own place)!! I will keep looking too and keep you posted.

Oh, initially I only looked for 1bdrm and studio apts but the prices were pretty high, starting at $700, for a decent looking place (based on online pics). Now I have expanded my options to 2bdrm apts with the hope of finding a roommate, so that I can stay in a nice and comfortable place and save money! The 2bdrms have rent ranging from $1050-1200, which is about $525-600 per person..better than spending $700+ (at least for me)!

I got my deposit email today too. I was concerned they might have never gotten it as I sent it a while ago. Kept calling them and being transferred to Allen Mosley but he is rarely ever available. So, I am happy to have finally received the email. :) ahhh, now I have to worry about housing.

What was the turn around time? I still haven't received mine and I was accepted a week after my January 23rd interview. :confused:

I will definitely appreciate the cheaper cost of living that Nashville has to offer. Coming from DC, I might pass out when my rent does not have a comma in it! :laugh:

It is a great idea to shop around and try to get the best possible place to live with the lowest costing of living, hopefully we can all find that :thumbup:.

I still have not received confirmation that they received my deposit! What in the world?! I hope they haven't changed their mind about accepting me! LOL! :)

Lol, i hope so too. It is really strange though.

I still have not received confirmation that they received my deposit! What in the world?! I hope they haven't changed their mind about accepting me! LOL! :)

Congrats all on your acceptances! I'm a graduating senior at Meharry currently, feel free to message me any questions

Hello OccupyTheED,
Congrats on almost finishing med school. Hope you match wherever you want to go. How was the medical school experience?

Congrats all on your acceptances! I'm a graduating senior at Meharry currently, feel free to message me any questions

Does anyone know when the 1st day of classes are and when orientation is going to be?

Has anyone else received their enrollment packet in the mail.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the 1st day of classes are and when orientation is going to be?
First day of class is the 25th of June and registration is Friday the 22nd. I think the first one or two weeks of class is actually for orientation.

Tstunts,
I just got my enrollment packet in the mail yesterday. I have to make an appointment and go see the doctor to get all the health forms filled out. Have you received yours yet?

Has anyone else received their enrollment packet in the mail.

Tstunts,
I just got my enrollment packet in the mail yesterday. I have to make an appointment and go see the doctor to get all the health forms filled out. Have you received yours yet?

I got my enrollment packet yesterday also. I am wondering if the decision to enroll is due May 1st along with the other materials? I am waiting on one other school I interviewed at back home before I finally pick a school. I am really feeling Meharry tho. Luckily, I had all those vaccinations done late last year, just need to fill out the health forms and do a physical.

Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I will be attending Meharry this summer and I am very excited to embark on this journey with you all! I am also looking for a roommate and a place to stay. If anyone else is looking for a roommate please feel free to contact me! I definitely wouldn't mind visiting for a weekend and meeting someone to look at apartments. I still haven't received my enrollment package in the mail yet, so hopefully that comes soon.

My application was placed on Hold by Meharry, but perhaps I'll get the opportunity to join you guys. I'm so excited regardless and looking forward to my interviews! ;)

I think you should call the office and verify when the forms are due. I hope you choose Meharry.

I got my enrollment packet yesterday also. I am wondering if the decision to enroll is due May 1st along with the other materials? I am waiting on one other school I interviewed at back home before I finally pick a school. I am really feeling Meharry tho. Luckily, I had all those vaccinations done late last year, just need to fill out the health forms and do a physical.

Welcome to the thread Shadow. I am glad you will be attending Meharry. Happy Apartment searching!!!

Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I will be attending Meharry this summer and I am very excited to embark on this journey with you all! I am also looking for a roommate and a place to stay. If anyone else is looking for a roommate please feel free to contact me! I definitely wouldn't mind visiting for a weekend and meeting someone to look at apartments. I still haven't received my enrollment package in the mail yet, so hopefully that comes soon.

I am sorry iluvmedicine. I hope you get what you are looking for:).

My application was placed on Hold by Meharry, but perhaps I'll get the opportunity to join you guys. I'm so excited regardless and looking forward to my interviews! ;)

Where are the most popular places for students to live?
I'm not sure where most students live, but I did undergrad in Nashville and I know that Bellevue is a nice and popular area to live in. Antioch, TN is also an option.

I am going to Nashville at the end of the month to view of few apts. I hope everyone has some luck finding somewhere to stay!!

Hello everyone!

Hey Shadow2 and other classmates!

I too am looking for a roommate! I also plan to visit nashville on one of the following weekends I am not working: April 5-8, May 26-28, and anytime after June 7. Let me know if any of those weekends work well with your schedule.

Using the apartment finder booklet from the recent packet received I have been mainly looking in the West/Bellevue and Downtown area for apts. So far, Crossings of Bellevue, Madison at Ridgelake,and the Parc at Metro Center are my favorite because of their reviews, they are newer, decent distance, come with a washer and dryer in each unit, AND are AFFORDABLE (with a roommate)!

I pray I find a good roommate and nice apartment!

I haven't received the packet yet. I'm not sure how i'm going to go about looking for an apartment! i spent so much money throughout this whole application process i don't think i'll have enough to go up and look for a place lol! When everyone else goes up and browse post some feedback :)

You can go to rent.com or apartmentfinder.com and search from there. If you find your apt through rent.com they give you a $100 visa card.... details are on the website. I will also post feedback after I go visit!!

Also, once you get your package, there will be an apartment guide in there. You can look through it and call the apartments you are interested in.

I haven't received the packet yet. I'm not sure how i'm going to go about looking for an apartment! i spent so much money throughout this whole application process i don't think i'll have enough to go up and look for a place lol! When everyone else goes up and browse post some feedback :)
I haven't received my packet either, however, I am planning on visiting around the end of May, so if that is not too late I can def give you some feedback! :)

Hey Shadow2 and other classmates!

I too am looking for a roommate! I also plan to visit nashville on one of the following weekends I am not working: April 5-8, May 26-28, and anytime after June 7. Let me know if any of those weekends work well with your schedule.

Using the apartment finder booklet from the recent packet received I have been mainly looking in the West/Bellevue and Downtown area for apts. So far, Crossings of Bellevue, Madison at Ridgelake,and the Parc at Metro Center are my favorite because of their reviews, they are newer, decent distance, come with a washer and dryer in each unit, AND are AFFORDABLE (with a roommate)!

I pray I find a good roommate and nice apartment!
Hi buzzyz!

I also love the 3 apartments that you chose. The location is perfect and they seem to be very nice. May 26-28 or after June 7 would be the best time for me to go to Nashville to look at them. I noticed that your location said Jacksonville, FL. I am originally from Orlando, FL but I am living in Gainesville, FL right now. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you to have lunch before then, so that we aren't complete strangers lol. Just let me know!

Hi buzzyz!

I also love the 3 apartments that you chose. The location is perfect and they seem to be very nice. May 26-28 or after June 7 would be the best time for me to go to Nashville to look at them. I noticed that your location said Jacksonville, FL. I am originally from Orlando, FL but I am living in Gainesville, FL right now. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you to have lunch before then, so that we aren't complete strangers lol. Just let me know!
I'm also in the market for a roommate. But i will say that right now i'm about 85% sure im going to meharry.

I'm also in the market for a roommate. But i will say that right now i'm about 85% sure im going to meharry.
Great! Well I won't be able to go look at any apartments until mid-May, so if you are 100% sure by then just let me know! I could inbox you my name and number to make this whole process a bit easier.

Hey guys. Congraulations. I guess now it's time to start looking for housing. If any guys are interested in a room mate, contact me.

Great! Well I won't be able to go look at any apartments until mid-May, so if you are 100% sure by then just let me know! I could inbox you my name and number to make this whole process a bit easier.

Yea that would be nice. By May i should know where I'm going

Is anyone still waiting on Meharry to send them a confirmation that they received their deposit? I just hope they received my deposit and letter. I hope I get a packet soon.

Last edited:
Wow Chem, I can't believe you still haven't gotten confirmation. Please email Ms. Davis again. She will definitely let you know what is going on. PM me if you need the email address :).

Is anyone still waiting on Meharry to send them a confirmation that they received their deposit? I just hope they received my deposit and letter. I hope I get a packet soon.

Thanks Paaakwasi for Ms. Davis's email. I finally heard back, but they have no record of receiving my deposit. Luckily I sent it via priority mail with delivery confirmation. They are checking with the post office tomorrow. I hope they find it!

You are welcome Chem, I am glad I can be of help. That is crazy they never got it. I really hope they find it as soon as possible.

Thanks Paaakwasi for Ms. Davis's email. I finally heard back, but they have no record of receiving my deposit. Luckily I sent it via priority mail with delivery confirmation. They are checking with the post office tomorrow. I hope they find it!