medical specialization in poland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oneee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on medical residency in poland. I have been trying online, can't seem to find useful informations.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I have been searching for it and I got a decent reply from the Ministry of health and sciences Poland. It stated
that a non-eu person first have to get his/her degree verified in one of the listed collages on their site . During this they will see that what are the subjects you have done during your graduation if there is anything which is not their they will be asking you to sit for the exam (they didn't mentioned for the missing subject or everything ). They after that you have to clear Polish language exam organised by the supreme medical council , details of which can also be found online . After all this you need to contact for regional medical council body to apply for post graduation training which lasts 13 months .The recruitment takes place twice a year. Then you have to contact the same body for obtaining the licence after which they will send you to the institute where your post grad training will take place. After finishing the above mentioned training or during the training you need to pass doctor's final exam you can apply for residency in your desired field (again it will depend on what your results are in the final exam)...

well this is in short the summary of a long email i got . I haven't even started the process as you need to go there and get your degree notarized and it itself is expensive and other than that if you cant speak and write polish like me most probably you need to join a preparatory course for a year maybe less or more depending on how fast you can pick up language.I personally am unable to get any reply regarding if whether they provide such course or not but if you are able to get any info please email or message . I hope this will help Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Residency starts with a one year general Staz (similar to the two year general residency intro in the UK) followed by further specialization. You are also required to write the LEK exam which can be done after you obtain your MD degree. A language test is also required.