Medical Schools in Turkey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingofhell

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do any of you are studying in Turkey? I happen to like the idea of studying medicine in Turkey but I can't really find the resources to help me with this.
I've found a few med schools in Istanbul that interest me. Marmara University and Istanbul. I will be trying to the SAT for my application. (Non-Erasmus student here)
  • What are the requirements to study medicine in Maramara?
  • Does Istanbul University admit students other than their entrance exam for foreigners?
I'm trying to apply to other universities like Hacettappe and Ankara as well. What's a good (redesigned) SAT score to get accepted to any one of these?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Do any of you are studying in Turkey? I happen to like the idea of studying medicine in Turkey but I can't really find the resources to help me with this.
I've found a few med schools in Istanbul that interest me. Marmara University and Istanbul. I will be trying to the SAT for my application. (Non-Erasmus student here)
  • What are the requirements to study medicine in Maramara?
  • Does Istanbul University admit students other than their entrance exam for foreigners?
I'm trying to apply to other universities like Hacettappe and Ankara as well. What's a good (redesigned) SAT score to get accepted to any one of these?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I'm in the same boat as you! Are you Turkish-American? I'm researching schools now and I sat for my SAT in October (despite that I already have a college degree). I don't know anything about Marmara and as for scores, no school would tell me directly. They only give you minimums, which I feel are not at all helpful. Feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat as you! Are you Turkish-American? I'm researching schools now and I sat for my SAT in October (despite that I already have a college degree). I don't know anything about Marmara and as for scores, no school would tell me directly. They only give you minimums, which I feel are not at all helpful. Feel free to PM me.
Me too! I'm also planning to apply for medical faculties in Turkey, and I also can't find the required SAT scores. It says 1100 is the minimum, but what's the average SAT scores of those who get accepted? By the way I'm new to this website, how can i DM you?

I'm also looking for schools right now! I'm from Malaysia and apparently its very hard to get information from public universities. Private universities such as Medipol and Kemerburgaz have been somewhat helpful in providing information, but you need to directly contact the international office.

I'm also looking for schools right now! I'm from Malaysia and apparently its very hard to get information from public universities. Private universities such as Medipol and Kemerburgaz have been somewhat helpful in providing information, but you need to directly contact the international office.
have you been able to find the required SAT scores for medicine?

have you been able to find the required SAT scores for medicine?
They told me that the stated score is required to apply but i havent asked about the average score among the accepted students. But for public unis ive been told by seniors that if it states 1100 then the avg score by accepted applicants is usually 1400 or so

Hey guys, another fellow Turkish-American here.

My advice is that you don't contact the school, more often than not it's a waste of time. Best case, your call/email will get lost in the sheer number of such contacts they get and worst case, it'll be flat out ignored. Contact the MEB (milli egitim bakanligi, Turkish Ministry or Education) and YOK (yuksek ogretim kurumu, Turkish Higher Education Board) and TCSB (saglik bakanligi, Turkish Ministry of Health) instead and ask them what's required of you to attend a medical school of your choosing in Turkey. Give them some basic facts about yourself but don't overwhelm the person reading your communication with your whole life story. Just be brief and to the point. If you're sending email, it shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes to read. These government organizations have a legal obligation to return to you and provide you with the information you requested or point you in the right direction where you CAN get the information you need. If you speak at least conversational Turkish, it helps. But if you don't, you can always use a professional translator/interpreter. Please just don't use Google Translate as it completely butchers it both ways and if they don't understand what you're asking, they won't respond. Don't bother clicking on the English version of these websites. They're useless.

MEB: http://www.meb.gov.tr/
YOK: http://www.yok.gov.tr/
TCSB: http://www.saglik.gov.tr/

Go to the section titled "Iletisim" (contact) and then click on "Bilgi Edinme" (information request). Then just properly fill it out (in Turkish) and then submit the form.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
wow thank you, I will definitely try that. Are you also applying to med schools in Turkey?

wow thank you, I will definitely try that. Are you also applying to med schools in Turkey?
Nope, but I do have a couple cousins in Turkey who are MDs, one of them fairly new in the profession, and that's what I was told to pass on.

Hello!
I'm studying medicine in Romania. I really want to go in Turkey so I'm going to apply for a Student Mobility of Placement to go practice for 2 months in a hospital in Istanbul.
The reason I'm writing is that I would have a higher chance if a doctor would allow me studying and practice with him.
As for me, I'm a serious and responsible 3rd year medical student.