Medical book raffle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Elsevier will giving away one copy of the following product to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

· Ferri's Netter Patient Advisor 2010-2011, By Fred F. Ferri
Ferri's Netter Patient Advisor 2010 – 2011, by Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, enables you to increase patients' understanding and cooperation with ease! Designed with the end user in mind, it features over 550 printable, succinct and highly visual education topics that provide patients with the information they need, in a quick and memorable manner. It combines more than 2,000 Netter and Netter-style illustrations with explanations from renowned author Dr. Fred Ferri to provide an easy understanding of each health condition and what patients can do to facilitate their own care. A companion website featuring annual updates lets you customize and print out patient instructions for all 500 of the topics covered in the book, plus 50 additional topics. It's the perfect instructional resource for helping your patients become informed and active partners in their healthcare management.

You can learn more about the book here

Thanks for participating and Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add a brief description in your post about the book? I was able to google it but it would be much simpler if it was on this thread. Thanks, looks like a fantastic book.

To what audience is this book targeted?

Members don't see this ad :)
The lack os description is disappointing, but I'm assuming that it uses the famous Netter's drawings labeled in a way for use to patients who have not had medical training?

Is this book aimed at helping the patient understand disease or helping the physician understand?

I am wondering if this would be a good book to have with me when I'm on the wards?

Hi all. I have posted a brief description about the raffle book on the original thread. hope this helps!

Wow, this sounds like a great idea. You can pass along info in layman's terms without having your patients run to webmd.com!

Will this be available for Tablets PCs?

Is this updated yearly? If so, do you have to buy it each year?

There will be a new edition publishing in 2012, but access to the 2010-2011 edition will remain open through the first half of next year.

Updates are done on the website as needed to keep the handouts current.

You may be interested to know that Skyscape also carries a mobile version of Ferri's Netter Patient Advisor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Certainly a useful idea. Whenever I'm talking to a patient---especially about abdominal pain---I would love to show them their insides and say, "Here you see where the liver is and here's the kidney right next to it." I've performed bedside ulrasounds just to demonstrate this point.

What a great idea! I'm a very visual learner, and find that drawing pictures when describing things to patients is very helpful as well. It would be nice to have a handout as a starting point and something that actually looks like the real organ, etc. that they can take further notes on.

Netters flashcards were awesome too... used for both anatomy and neuro.:)

Does this book include online access or a way to download images that could then be shown to patients without using the actual print copy of the book?

Is there a limit to the number of print-outs/copies that can be made from this product?

How would you say this book differs from other resources used to teach patients about their conditions, such as UptoDate or finding printable information sheets from the CDC or mayo clinic?

There will be a new edition publishing in 2012, but access to the 2010-2011 edition will remain open through the first half of next year.

Updates are done on the website as needed to keep the handouts current.

This really sounds extremely valuable

I hope to be able to implement it in my clinical rotations
Thanks for the opportunity to have the drawing!

Are you going to have a new edition every year? If so, is the update going to cost money each year, or can I just keep the older edition as is?
Thanks

Is there anything on it about osteopathic medicine or perspectives?

If this is anything like the other netters resources then i'm sure it'll be good.

Sounds like such a useful resource for patients!

Is this product updated annually to reflect the most up to date information available?
Please sign me up for this raffle, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.