Medical Advice - torn atfl and cfl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansup

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I will be embarking on my podiatry journey soon, but before that I wanted a clean bill of health.

I visited a podiatrist this past week for a bad fall I suffered 10 months ago. I was told I have a torn atfl and cfl (he rolled my ankle and there were popping sounds) he recommends a surgery to fix instability and make sure my ankles will last longer. This is all pre MRI...

I am a healthy 26y old male, no drugs, no medical history. I do not have pain anymore, but will feel soreness after long durations of standing or walking. Should I do the surgery? Anthroscopy and fixing the ligaments... Currently no pain, just soreness after long walks or standing.

I do not want to doubt a podiatrist esp since i will be pursuing this career, but I have read that there isnt that much of a difference with having a reconstructive surgery. Furthermore, I will start classes soon in Aug, I want to travel before school starts.

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is not for medical advice. Talk to your doctor and make the best choice for you. Also a good opportunity to read the literature and draw some conclusions from it

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.