Medical MedEdits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.Dr. Jessica Freedman, a former medical school and residency admissions officer and president of MedEdits, provides personalized advising for medical school and residency applicants... As an award winning educator and mentor, she is recognized as the industry authority by both academic and private organizations. She helps with all aspects of the admissions process, including how to improve your candidacy, write compelling documents and interview for success. Dr. Freedman also provides general career guidance for premedical and medical students.

.​
.MedEdits offers a unique, intensive "double read" process for all editing services... Both Dr. Freedman and a professional editor and writer with at least 10 years of experience review and edit every document.

.MedEdits also offers a more affordable editing option for applicants... Each document submitted to our editors is reviewed and edited by two professionals all of whom have a minimum of 10 years of experience. All of our editors are also trained in the art of medical admissions by Dr. Freedman..
.Our clients have had tremendous success gaining acceptance to medical school and residency. No one in the private admissions consulting sector has Dr. Freedman’s breadth and level of experience in medical admissions and education.

.Testimonials.. from MedEdits’ clients:

.“I would recommend MedEdits to a friend and tell them that this company has completely transformed my application. MedEdits has helped me forget about my weaknesses in my application by building my strengths in other areas of my application.”.. (This client was interviewed and accepted by several California medical schools.)

.“Thanks so much for all of your help. [As a reapplicant], I really think you took my son’s application to the next level with your advice and expert editing team! My son and I feel that your intimate knowledge of the medical school admissions process gave us thorough and sound advice throughout the entirety of the application cycle, from filling out the AMCAS to interview day. We definitely feel your help strengthened the AMCAS application and your interview feedback provided the confidence to perform well no matter the school…Dr. Freedman's insight as a medical school admissions committee member provided a distinct advantage on how to address strengths and weaknesses in my application, which was incredibly valuable… Her interview preparation helped in terms of addressing any weaknesses, as well as how to properly research and prepare for a particular school. I had much more confidence at interviews knowing the types of questions I would be asked and how to answer them in a clear, concise manner.”.. (This client, a reapplicant, was accepted to medical school.)

.“Dr. Freedman encouraged me to write my PS in the way I felt it was right although I ignored almost every "rule" [that you might read in books about writing personal statements]. The professional medical writers made it very appealing to read by adding details that awakened the reader's senses. The PD of the program where I prematched (my first choice program) told me that he loved my PS. I would like to personally thank Dr. Freedman for deciding to do this work. Dr. Freedman is very professional, yet friendly and kind. I believe that she is motivated by a genuine interest in helping applicants to pursue their dreams. I really appreciated the fact that she showed personal interest and took the time to give me personal advice outside the editing process.”.. (This client is a residency applicant who prematched at their first choice program.)

.​
.“The [Medical School Interview] book is easy to read and the topics flow in a logical sequence. Another finding is that each topic stands on its own so that I can just zoom in on a topic if the reader doesn't want to read the book in sequence. I also like how you provide just enough information to be instructive and not overwhelm the student since as you state that you can't prepare for everything. Thanks again for your professional support. I think you raised my son’s confidence as he entered this stage in this process.”.. (This comment is from a parent of a medical school applicant. The applicant has interviews at several top tier schools.)

.​
.MedEdits will donate a one hour session with Dr. Freedman for the Student Doctor Network Test Prep Week raffle... These sessions can be used for admissions consulting, career advising or interview preparation.

.​
.MedEdits will also donate two copies of the ebook..: The Medical School Interview: From preparation to thank you notes.

.​
.Visit: www.MedEdits.com..​
.Visit the MedEdits blog: www.MedEdits.blogspot.com..​

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think is the one piece of invaluable interview information you could give to someone who might not be able to afford your services?

For letters of intent, what would be a good timeframe to send it?

Does Dr. Freedman edit all applications, or are there other advisors would have been now hired/trained?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we are a previous customer, do we get a discount the second time around?

I enjoyed some of the articles and recommendations for the website. I have a question coming from an IMG: having no research experience is an absolute hindrance to matching in a US residency? I sadly lack research experience, not many research positions for med students.

What are some of the major types of flaws you look for in an application essay? Is it primarily grammatical? Structural? Content? All of the above? Something else entirely?

This is an interesting service, but it's unfortunate that there's even a need for it. We already pay hundreds of thousands in tuition and fees to go to medical school and now we need this to match for residency.

Does MedEdits also consult on residency programs to apply to based on the applicant or just help make sure the application is as good as possible?

can you sign me up for the raffle?

how important do you think the essay is in the residency application?

how far in advance should we begin to write our PS for residency?

Status
Not open for further replies.