Med schools look at old application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maikelm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for the class of 2017 and it was not so pretty. So, now I plan on reapplying for the class of 2018. Does anyone know if medical schools look at your old application?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that they do from advisors. They also ask you on the secondary at nearly all schools if you are a reapplicant wherein you explain what you have done to improve your app.

I applied for the class of 2017 and it was not so pretty. So, now I plan on reapplying for the class of 2018. Does anyone know if medical schools look at your old application?
They do.

Unless you applied late in the cycle, you should fix your deficits before teapplying. Look up the wise @gonnif 's posts on this subject.

Thanks everyone! I guess I have to change the description of the activities on my application. I'm going to completely change my personal statement because I need a fresh start there. On the plus side, I have new things to add to my application.

On the secondary applications, I will discuss my defense of why I am reapplying. And I'll look into each school I am applying or re-applying to (for re-application guides).