Meal prep bags for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

</TheBeautifulGame>

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use a meal prep bag for residency? (for the people who lift)

I was thinking of the 6-pack bag messenger.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a waste of time and space. It's much easier to just subsist on coffee and boost.

Reactions: 1 user
I currently use a 6 Pack Innovator Mini and really like it

That said, I'm guessing you're just about to start intern year... routine bulk cooking + lifting + doing dishes is going to become much more taxing than you'd think ;) Intern year I did my best to eat free food wisely, brought a jug of protein powder to keep at the hospital, and ate tons of Quest bars

Reactions: 1 user
I currently use a 6 Pack Innovator Mini and really like it

That said, I'm guessing you're just about to start intern year... routine bulk cooking + lifting + doing dishes is going to become much more taxing than you'd think ;) Intern year I did my best to eat free food wisely, brought a jug of protein powder to keep at the hospital, and ate tons of Quest bars

thanks. yeah dont know how much time ill have to meal prep during intern year. will definetly bring a few shakes and bars

I personally bring a cooler bag that's about 12x8 with one glass container of a protein/carb, another container for a Greek yogurt parfait, a couple of zip locks with nuts and protein bars and 2 shaker cups, one with a smoothie and another for protein shake

I bought a small insulated cooler that fits inside my current backpack and bought 6 gel icepacks. Can fit 3-4 tupperwares in there and some small items as well. Cost about $14 instead of $150.