Medical MDadmit Services for Medical School Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdadmit

Admissions Expert
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MDadmit is a highly-personalized, boutique medical admissions company run by Dr. Suzanne M. Miller, a Harvard MD, former Harvard pre-med tutor, practicing physician, current medical school faculty member, and best-selling author with over a decade of medical admissions experience.

MDadmit offers three types of services for medical school applicants:

1. Admissions Consulting/Strategy Sessions
2. Essay Editing
3. Interview Preparation

ADMISSIONS CONSULTING/STRATEGY SESSIONS
Dr. Miller offers one-on-one strategy sessions tailored to your specific needs, including:

Application Analysis
Thorough analysis of your resume and transcripts focusing on strengths and weaknesses, application narrative, and how to maximize admission chances.
MCAT Timing
Determine the best time to take the MCAT taking into account your current commitments, plans to take MCAT course, and temporal proximity to pre-med classes.
Recommendation Selection
Assist with all aspects of obtaining medical school recommendations including who, how, and when to ask.
Where to Apply
Create comprehensive list of school suggestions (including foreign and DO schools if applicable) based on the strength of your application, learning style, long-term goals, and location desire.
Post-Interview & Waitlist Strategy
Develop a formal post-interview strategy including thank you notes, letter of intent, and strategic updates.
Final Decision
Help you choose a medical school based on your desired location, curriculum, student body, finances, and long-term goals.

ESSAY EDITING
The medical school admissions process involves a tremendous amount of writing. Dr. Miller, a published author who has spent the last decade reading and improving hundreds of medical school essays, edits every essay. Unlike other editing services that simply provide general comments, MDadmit provides comprehensive edits and works closely with you to improve your writing skills. MDadmit editing includes:

AMCAS Personal Statement
The AMCAS personal statement is your time to shine. You have 5300 characters to explain why you want to be a physician and why a medical school admissions committee should accept you into its medical school class. And you must do this in a compelling, creative, and honest way. Not an easy task! Dr. Miller helps turn your personal story into a unique and persuasive statement.
AMCAS Work/Activities
Many medical school applicants overlook the importance of well-written AMCAS work/activities entries. Even stellar extracurricular experiences can be lost in a poorly written AMCAS work/activities section. MDadmit helps you choose what activities to include, determine which should be demarcated as most meaningful, and thoroughly edits the paragraph descriptions of each activity.
Secondary Essays
Medical school secondary essays can be incredibly overwhelming. MDadmit not only edits your secondary essays, but also helps you draft responses to each of the most common essay questions that can be used with multiple schools. This approach helps you create exceptional essays and reduces the stress of secondary season.
Recommendation Letters
Many recommenders request pre-meds draft the first version of their recommendation letters themselves. This can be a daunting task. MDadmit helps you balance creating a compelling recommendation without sounding arrogant.
Letter of Intent/Update Letters
A comprehensive post-interview strategy, including update letters and a letter of intent, often means the difference between acceptance and rejection. Dr. Miller edits all communications with schools – including thank you notes, update letters, and your letter of intent.

INTERVIEW PREPARATION
Dr. Miller provides one-on-one medical school mock interviews with verbal and written feedback. Dr. Miller has interviewed hundreds of medical school applicants and knows what medical school interview questions admissions committees are likely to ask and how to provide the best responses. MDadmit medical school interview preparation also involves advice on appropriate interview attire, body posture, and etiquette. Both traditional and multiple mini interviews (MMI) preparation is available.

To contact Dr. Miller and sign up for MDadmit services, visit the MDadmit website.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The essay editing fees depend on the specific service, such as personal statement editing, AMCAS editing, secondary essay editing, and letter of intent/update letter editing. You can find the updated fee schedule laid out clearly on the MDadmit's Get Started page. Thanks for the question!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone used this service or others such as InGenius and can comment on their helpfulness and validity ?

I am struggling with my Pre-reqs. I am talking about C's. I also have about a 3.0 GPA. However, I have a ton of clinical experience and other experiences: CNA, volunteer in ER, travel abroad to work with doctors, and Shadowed a tone of doctor, supervisor of my desk position, started my own student organization as well as working with faculty and the university to make a summer pre- college happen for multicultural student. Can I still make it to medical school? I go to the top school in my State. But I am really concerned that my chances are dwindling.

I am struggling with my Pre-reqs. I am talking about C's. I also have about a 3.0 GPA. However, I have a ton of clinical experience and other experiences: CNA, volunteer in ER, travel abroad to work with doctors, and Shadowed a tone of doctor, supervisor of my desk position, started my own student organization as well as working with faculty and the university to make a summer pre- college happen for multicultural student. Can I still make it to medical school? I go to the top school in my State. But I am really concerned that my chances are dwindling.
Thanks for the post. Sounds like you have many interesting experiences. Unfortunately, most medical schools do pay attention to the GPA. Have you seen my ebook, How to Get Into Medical School with a Low GPA? I think it could help you. There are certainly ways to overcome a low GPA, such as doing a post-bac/graduate program, rocking the MCAT, coming from a unique situation, considering off-shore and DO options etc., etc. There is almost always hope and if you are meant to become a physician, you likely can. Best of luck!