MD For OAT

ardalan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just tried multiple times to get an answer here but i was not successful. Trying to study for OAT is simple for people who are familiar with subjects like Chem,Physics etc,but what about a foreign graduated MD who does not have any clue regarding the above subjects and wants to continue his or her carrier in Opto! Which books should he or she buy to start preparing for the OAT? Could books like Kaplan OAT help a person who is not familiar with subjects like Chem or Physics or its better to study other books which are more basic and starts subjects from the early begining or if there is any other material which can help? Please if anyone was or is in a situation like me answer this question.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I would say to buy the kaplan big book, its a good review of all the subjects that are tested. Also when I was preparing, I brought the OAT destroyer which had much harder questions then the actual OAT, but it prepared me better. I also used Chad videos, like everyone recommended on this page. His video are amazing for the physics section of the exam and also general chemistry and organic chemistry. I think kaplan big book should be enough, however if you do not think its enough, I would suggest getting the Princeton review for the OAT. I had friends taking the MCAT at the time I was preparing so I ended up using their MCAT kaplan books also for physics and chem, since I find those subjects hard.

Reactions: 1 user
so your suggestion is reading both Kaplan OAT and the Princeton review for the OAT?
Do i find enough time to read all these subjects?
Will they help someone like me who has not any back ground in Physics and Chem?
I mean they start these subjects from the very basic steps?

I think Kalpan should be enough, but if you feel you need more resources then get the Princeton. I took about four months to study, because its been a while since I did general chemistry and physics, plus I had a part time job in the summer when I was preparing. I think the average range of time people take to study is 2-3 months. It a lot of content but its not very hard content. You can do it forsure :) Do you learn better from books or videos? I'm more of a video person, where someone is teaching me. For the first month I just watched all of Chad's videos, then I began reading the book. I feel like videos will help you since, you have no background in physics or chem. Khan academy has lots of videos. I thought it was basic, however I do have a background in chem and physics. Give yourself enough time to study! Maybe for the first month start off with just watching videos on the topics and making notes! Then read the books. Once you know the content, practise many problems. If you want review notes, I don't mind sharing! Good luck, and if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I understand the stress :)