MCW Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medking

The time will come...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who here is on the MCW waitlist and will attend MCW for sure if accepted off the waitlist???

Also, who here has withdrawn/will withdraw from MCW post-acceptance or post-waitlist???

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about 85 percent sure I'll be withdrawing post-acceptance

A post-acceptance withdrawal is more than welcome! (that is if you are happy with the other schools you got into)

Good luck with the decision and let us know!

Members don't see this ad :)
A post-acceptance withdrawal is more than welcome! (that is if you are happy with the other schools you got into)

Good luck with the decision and let us know!
I will be withdrawing post-acceptance sometime next week.

any idea how much MCW over-accepts ?

Members don't see this ad :)
same here, will withdraw next week

Hello medking
I am also on MCW waitlist.
Are u calling MCW on May 9th to check the ranking of waitlist?
It seems like a lot of people will be withdrawing from MCW.
Hopefully we will have a good waitlist movement this year. :luck::luck:good luck !!

Hello medking
I am also on MCW waitlist.
Are u calling MCW on May 9th to check the ranking of waitlist?
It seems like a lot of people will be withdrawing from MCW.
Hopefully we will have a good waitlist movement this year. :luck::luck:good luck !!

Yea, I will definitely be calling on the 9th. Hopefully we get off the waitlist :luck: I really liked the school!

whats the number we should call on may 9th?

For those of you who are withdrawing your acceptance, would you mind posting your stats? Thanks :)

So any new developments???

May 9th is coming up!

I just withdrew from MCW (post-acceptance). Good luck medking!

I sure am! Would love to attend MCW.

Have you decided where you will be attending this fall?

Most likely Creighton unless MCW comes through for me (in the same boat as you are with that one). Although I liked Creighton better as a school, there is about a 10k difference between the schools that would make it a tough decision.

Most likely Creighton unless MCW comes through for me (in the same boat as you are with that one). Although I liked Creighton better as a school, there is about a 10k difference between the schools that would make it a tough decision.

That is a tough decision. Best of luck to you too!

If you look carefully, Creighton overestimates your spending in many areas: room & boards, health insurance, computer, books, etc ... whereas MCW does not include health insurance, loan fees etc, and the cost of books & equipment is $820? It can't be that low.

The real difference between the two schools is actually only the $5000 in tuition. In comparison to your overall loan, that's a drop in the bucket.

If you look carefully, Creighton overestimates your spending in many areas: room & boards, health insurance, computer, books, etc ... whereas MCW does not include health insurance, loan fees etc, and the cost of books & equipment is $820? It can't be that low.

The real difference between the two schools is actually only the $5000 in tuition. In comparison to your overall loan, that's a drop in the bucket.

Yes, you're right now that I'll recheck the financial aid stuff; however, 5K x 4 is 20,000 plus interest...not exactly chump change.

I just now sent an email withdrawing my acceptance.

Does anyone know if that's going to be sufficient or will I have to send a fax/mail a letter?

Don't hate on me, this is the last extra acceptance I was holding (withdrew from other schools in march) and was waiting for a few things to be ironed out before I could commit.

Good Luck everyone. I would have gone to MCW if it was as geographically closer to me.

Does anyone know if we will be able to find out which waitlist tier we are in this Fri? In the email from Mike Istwan it says we can call "after May 9th" to find out our spot. Anyone think this means not until Monday?

I just now sent an email withdrawing my acceptance.

Does anyone know if that's going to be sufficient or will I have to send a fax/mail a letter?

Don't hate on me, this is the last extra acceptance I was holding (withdrew from other schools in march) and was waiting for a few things to be ironed out before I could commit.

Good Luck everyone. I would have gone to MCW if it was as geographically closer to me.

Thanks for letting us know!

Does anyone know if we will be able to find out which waitlist tier we are in this Fri? In the email from Mike Istwan it says we can call "after May 9th" to find out our spot. Anyone think this means not until Monday?

I emailed to Mr. Istwan and asked this.
He said we can start calling on Friday the 9th.
Good luck everyone.

I emailed to Mr. Istwan and asked this.
He said we can start calling on Friday the 9th.
Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the clarification.

I really wonder how the waitlist movement will be this year. I hope it is good.

I just withdrew from MCW by email a few minutes ago. It was painful to hit the "send" button. But I hope someone gets my spot :). Good luck.

I just withdrew from MCW by email a few minutes ago. It was painful to hit the "send" button. But I hope someone gets my spot :). Good luck.

It was painful because of the $25k/yr scholarship. But hey, you got a full ride at UW. I'll see you in August! :)

hey everyone, i withdrew from mcw this week. good luck!

bump...well today's the day, good luck Medking.

I called today. I am in the top 1/4. Hope that is good.
Good luck, everyone. :luck::luck:

I called today. I am in the top 1/4. Hope that is good.
Good luck, everyone. :luck::luck:

Assuming that there's actually movement this year, I'd feel pretty confident if I were you.

Thanks, medking and dedikate2liftn.
I don't have any acceptance yet. I just hope that one will come after May 15. And I really like MCW when I interview there.

Thanks, medking and dedikate2liftn.
I don't have any acceptance yet. I just hope that one will come after May 15. And I really like MCW when I interview there.

Yea, I loved it there too!

So I called MCW this morning and found out I am in the 2nd 1/4 of the in-state list.

The lady said there are about 193 people on the wait list, 60 in-state and the rest out of state.

The system is set up so that when an oos declines an acceptance, they will be replaced by somone who is out of state, and an in-state decline will be filled by an in-stater.

Hope this helps.

So I called MCW this morning and found out I am in the 2nd 1/4 of the in-state list.

The lady said there are about 193 people on the wait list, 60 in-state and the rest out of state.

The system is set up so that when an oos declines an acceptance, they will be replaced by somone who is out of state, and an in-state decline will be filled by an in-stater.

Hope this helps.

I heard the list was more like 137. Thanks for the info about replacement method! Good luck to everyone :luck: